ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

I thought the play calling was extremely conservative. I'd like to see them utilize Drake's arm more, especially with getting the ball to our stud TE's. We need to see more wrinkles to set up mismatches for those guys.

That said, it's easy to justify keeping things conservative when the defense is playing as well as they did.
Agreed.

the announcers pointed out that we would be running the ball more this year according to Mack. I don't mind seeing a bit more ball control after watching Longo go longo time after time to the point that it became highly predictable.

I do love getting those T.E's in the mix. I thought we did that fairly well.

Reactions: Archer2
Noles are stomping the #5 Ellessyou Tigers
wish I could see it. Frigging Spectrum is negotiating with Disney (ESPN/ABC) and those channels are currently blanked out. I had to go to my sister's house to see our game.

No more cable for me as soon as I start streaming.

don't mind seeing a bit more ball control after watching Longo go longo time after time to the point that it became highly predictable
Are you saying it was easy to figure out which one of his four plays he was going to run?

No more cable for me as soon as I start streaming
YouTube TV is where all the cool kids are.

Reactions: bluetoe
Unc had 17 sacks last season. 9 last night.

To find something to whine about I was disappointed for maye. This was one of the few prime time games for heisman voters to see him. He played good but the heisman talk I would think will go away for now.
the odds for winning the Heisman I just saw, tabulated just before this game, had Maye in a six-way tie for fourth place on a list of potential candidates.

To me his best play was the short rollout sidearm pass he completed to Copenhaver threaded through a couple of defenders. Nifty.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Unc had 17 sacks last season. 9 last night.

To find something to whine about I was disappointed for maye. This was one of the few prime time games for heisman voters to see him. He played good but the heisman talk I would think will go away for now.
The play-calling didn't do Maye favors, nor did Gavin Blackwell or that ugly int. He might've had some jitters given all the pressure on this game, his Heisman talk etc.

It would obviously be nice if Drake won the Heisman, but schools like UNC don't really get much consideration for that. Last year was a great example of that. He was one of the best QBs in the country and ACC player of the year, but he wasn't even able to get in the room. We just need for him to be in NY. That would be great for QB recruiting, because we can always say you'll have a chance.

It would obviously be nice if Drake won the Heisman, but schools like UNC don't really get much consideration for that. Last year was a great example of that.
Another example is Sam Hartman. He's on this year's Heisman watch list, but he had to transfer from Wake Forest to Notre Dame to get there.

I think there are a few people who have it on THI. It's so much better in every way than cable and satellite. I got my 64 year old father to switch over a couple of years ago and he loves it.
I use it. It'sperfect. But, I piggyback the account. I rarely watch "TV" at all. I watch sports. I watch movies/documentaries. And, in the evenings, I watch 2 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show on MeTV with my antenna.

I think there are a few people who have it on THI. It's so much better in every way than cable and satellite. I got my 64 year old father to switch over a couple of years ago and he loves it.
The recording feature is one great feature, the other is portability. Anywhere with an internet connection you have your live tv or recordings... Phone, tablet, hotel room via Roku stick, etc.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Our football scheduling leaves a lot to be desired. We should never play NC teams. Win or lose, nothing positive comes from doing it.
Are ticket sales one reason?

Powerhouses and scrubs have an easy time scheduling, everyone else doesn't. So we are stuck with Ga state, liberty, odu or app state, etc to "full in the gaps". And I bet more ticket sales come with app/ecu.

Are ticket sales one reason?

Powerhouses and scrubs have an easy time scheduling, everyone else doesn't. So we are stuck with Ga state, liberty, odu or app state, etc to "full in the gaps". And I bet more ticket sales come with app/ecu.
I think there are a couple of reasons.

First is the modern day philosophy of having seven home games and a neutral site game. That takes away spots for home and home series, which is what everyone wants. And with some conferences going to nine games, that takes away another.

The second one is the previous playoff format, which was basically a format that didn't give you much room for a loss. That means that you have to fill your schedule out strategically. If you play an eight game conference schedule that leaves four spots. One spot for FCS, one spot for a good team, one spot for an average team that you should beat and one for OOC rivals. UNC doesn't fit well in any of those groups. Outside of the bunting years we've been an 6-8 win team. You don't want to play someone who could beat you and it would be a bad loss. Hopefully now that the playoffs have expanded and one loss won't hurt you that will change.

I have it as well and think it's pretty nice for the most part. My one real bitch is that they don't carry MASN which means I don't get O's games. Good thing I get to "see them on the radio."

Reactions: tarheel0910
the odds for winning the Heisman I just saw, tabulated just before this game, had Maye in a six-way tie for fourth place on a list of potential candidates.

To me his best play was the short rollout sidearm pass he completed to Copenhaver threaded through a couple of defenders. Nifty.

Tbh I think that one was probably more luck than anything. That ball wasn’t out of arms reach, the defender just didn’t make the play. He barely missed getting a hand on it.

IMO his best play of the game was the run where he made a defender miss in space 1v1 and picked up a first down. That’s the thing that makes him different… dude regularly makes defenders whiff in space and has the speed to get big yards after the fact. How many guys with his vision and accuracy can do that?

Tbh I think that one was probably more luck than anything. That ball wasn’t out of arms reach, the defender just didn’t make the play. He barely missed getting a hand on it.

IMO his best play of the game was the run where he made a defender miss in space 1v1 and picked up a first down. That’s the thing that makes him different… dude regularly makes defenders whiff in space and has the speed to get big yards after the fact. How many guys with his vision and accuracy can do that?
I think the defender didn't get a hand on the ball because he didn't anticipate that the pass would be made, or at least made like that. Was luck a factor? Of course, some element of luck is a factor in everything. I disagree that it was much of a factor in that play.

Clemson is eliminated from the cfp. Them and usc lite losing first week to us and dook is fuking hilarious.
They could still make it. They would need to win out and beat an undefeated FSU in the ACC championship. That would give them two top 10 wins. FSU and of course UNC.

• Wow
Reactions: heelmanwilm
They could still make it. They would need to win out and beat an undefeated FSU in the ACC championship. That would give them two top 10 wins. FSU and of course UNC.
I gotta believe that performance last night was a fluke. I think I heard them say that the dookies haven't beaten Clemson like that since the 1930s. Clemson played like shit. 2 turnovers inside the 10???

Clemson offense was terrible. They all looked like trash. Dookies have a lot of veteran players. They better knock the rust off fast or I don't think Clemson is going to be worth a damn this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
Clemson is eliminated from the cfp. Them and usc lite losing first week to us and dook is fuking hilarious.
Clemson might be in real trouble with Klubnik as their starting quarterback. Unless he can improve his throwing accuracy immediately, it's going be a long season for the Tigers. Sept. 23 is likely to be a veritable bloodbath.

Glad Clemson lost but from what I read, duke hardly beat them. They beat themselves by terrible redzone play, missed opportunities and such. They had 12 more first downs than duke, 50+ more yards than duke and time of possession. Admittedly, I didn't watch but it's unfathomable that duke actually went out and won that game. I suspect it was just a Clemson clown show.

Glad Clemson lost but from what I read, duke hardly beat them. They beat themselves by terrible redzone play, missed opportunities and such. They had 12 more first downs than duke, 50+ more yards than duke and time of possession. Admittedly, I didn't watch but it's unfathomable that duke actually went out and won that game. I suspect it was just a Clemson clown show.
Duke blocked two FGs too. It sounds like the upside down from Stranger Things came to CFB.

Clemson might be in real trouble with Klubnik as their starting quarterback. Unless he can improve his throwing accuracy immediately, it's going be a long season for the Tigers. Sept. 23 is likely to be a veritable bloodbath.
Yeah... They canned Uli too quick. I think they are going to have a bad season.

Noles are stomping the #5 Ellessyou Tigers
brian kelly already sitting on a warm seat…couldn’t happen to a better d-bag.

eta: i think clemson is done…no consistency on offense, no receivers, and a secondary that’s meh…and look at what they’ve lost the last two years as far as a coaching staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heels Noir
When is the trap game, let-down game or team fart? D should be fired up against App State, but we say these words about team X every yr.

Minnesota is after App St. Then Pitt, Then Cuse, then MIA.

When is the trap game, let-down game or team fart? D should be fired up against App State, but we say these words about team X every yr.

Minnesota is after App St. Then Pitt, Then Cuse, then MIA.
syracuse for me because i don’t know what miami has.

When is the trap game, let-down game or team fart?
Pitt always worries me, especially when the game is in Pittsburgh. But don't overlook Minnesota. That might be a very wet game if T.S. Lee decides to make an appearance.

As for this Saturday, hopefully the NCAA rules Tez eligible and Nate McCollum is healthy enough to play. He's listed as day-to-day.

I'm really hoping Tez sues the NCAA. Zero chance a court would rule in favor of the NCAA. Those ****ers need to be put in their place.

Reactions: strummingram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT