ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

I think Mitch is going to be legit. I have a buddy from Cleveland and told him he wants the Browns to take him. I think they will regret taking Garrett. I like Barnett more than Myles.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I think Mitch is going to be legit. I have a buddy from Cleveland and told him he wants the Browns to take him. I think they will regret taking Garrett. I like Barnett more than Myles.
Plus... a DE only does so much for you. It's a QB league. I agree with you that I think Mitchell will be legit.

I'm not sure the Bears didn't give up too much but I think they are in a good spot to let Glennon play, Mitch learn, and fix the rest of their mess in the meantime.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Some scouting reports coming out that say Switzer wasn't exactly beloved by all of his teammates, because of his cockiness.

1. This falls in line with what I've heard for a couple years from some people who would know.
2. Who cares? This is another thing for our sports stereotype thread. If a white player is cocky, he's demonized and it's pointed out incessantly. If he's black and cocky.... well, it's almost expected, and it's never called out (unless they're a receiver)

Reactions: HeelFan58
Some scouting reports coming out that say Switzer wasn't exactly beloved by all of his teammates, because of his cockiness.

1. This falls in line with what I've heard for a couple years from some people who would know.
2. Who cares? This is another thing for our sports stereotype thread. If a white player is cocky, he's demonized and it's pointed out incessantly. If he's black and cocky.... well, it's almost expected, and it's never called out (unless they're a receiver)
That doesn't surprise me. He always came across that way to me. I didn't really have a problem with it, because that's how most good receivers act. They always seem to be divas.

Where you at @gteeitup? You still celebrating Switzer being drafted by Dallas?

it's been a crazy two days...friend was in a golf cart wreck, multiple b-day parties, a date night.

i hate the value as far as the pick, but he'll be the punt returner and maybe play slot...though cole beasley has mastered the slot position right now.

i just didn't like the position for my team, but he'll help at some point...in the 4th round though, a guy needs to push for a starting role.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel0910
Payton Wilson commits to the TAR HEELS. 6'4 1/2" 220 runs a 4.6 40 OLB.

Wilson is a freakin' stud. I heard last week he was going to commit to UNC but I couldn't bring myself to get my hopes. Kid had offers from the top programs in the country. Hope it's a sign of good things to come.

170503_022925_0336de839ef22bX4.jpg

Getting Payton Wilson on board is huge. Here's some other in-state studs to keep an eye on in this class that we have a legit chance of getting:

WR 4**** Jordyn Adams -- Cary (Green Hope). Adams is the son of Tar Heel DL coach Deke Adams. Jordyn is a flat-out stud and is an even better baseball player. He'd play both sports at Carolina

DT 4**** Rick Sandidge -- Concord H.S. Beast.

LB 4**** Dax Hollifield -- Shelby H.S. Also a beast. I personally don't think we get him though. VT is my guess.

CB 3*** D.J. Crossen -- Greensboro (Dudley). Was once a Heel commit before decomitting

RB 4**** Devon Lawrence -- Wake Forest H.S. Younger brother of Dexter Lawrence. Yes, that Dexter Lawrence. I doubt we get this dude but we'll see.

Plenty of out-of-state prospects we are going hard after as well; just figured for some of y'all who aren't huge into recruiting, you'd enjoy some news about in-state kids

Getting Payton Wilson on board is huge. Here's some other in-state studs to keep an eye on in this class that we have a legit chance of getting:

WR 4**** Jordyn Adams -- Cary (Green Hope). Adams is the son of Tar Heel DL coach Deke Adams. Jordyn is a flat-out stud and is an even better baseball player. He'd play both sports at Carolina

LB 4**** Dax Hollifield -- Shelby H.S. Also a beast. I personally don't think we get him though. VT is my guess.

CB 3*** D.J. Crossen -- Greensboro (Dudley). Was once a Heel commit before decomitting

RB 4**** Devon Lawrence -- Wake Forest H.S. Younger brother of Dexter Lawrence. Yes, that Dexter Lawrence. I doubt we get this dude but we'll see.

Plenty of out-of-state prospects we are going hard after as well; just figured for some of y'all who aren't huge into recruiting, you'd enjoy some news about in-state kids
Thanks for the update.

You da real MVP

Here's some highlights exemplifying Jordyn Adams being a flat-out stud:

Sheer athleticism. Runs past, over, and through people.

Left one out and this one would be a big get, both because of his talent / position and also to maintain the Charlotte / Mallard Creek pipeline.

4**** DT Jordan Davis

Does Adams have the potential of getting drafted out of high school for baseball??
He'll get drafted, but that's because the MLB draft is 40 rounds. But to answer your question, I don't *think* he'll get drafted high enough to warrant him foregoing college.

If he did come to Carolina, he wouldn't redshirt for football because he might only be here for 3 years. Hell, he might even give up football after a year and only focus on baseball.

He'll get drafted, but that's because the MLB draft is 40 rounds. But to answer your question, I don't *think* he'll get drafted high enough to warrant him foregoing college.

If he did come to Carolina, he wouldn't redshirt for football because he might only be here for 3 years. Hell, he might even give up football after a year and only focus on baseball.
Has Fox talked to him about being on the team?

Thanks. Maybe Fox can seal the deal for him to come here by winning a national championship this year.
I hope so too. If you'll notice in the article, the thing he likes most about LSU is their baseball tradition and fans. Can't fault him for that. LSU fans relentlessly support their baseball program.

But we look good for Jordyn, so I've got my fingers crossed.

** Public service announcement **

Last year, May 16th is the date they announced the kickoff time for the first three weeks worth of games. Hopefully, they'll announce it on a similar date this year. I'm itching to know when the Cal and Louisville games are gonna be.

I like that the networks at least let you know the kick times for the first couple games so you can plan ahead, since you're a slave to the 12-day rule for the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT