ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

F this. Way to not show up to start the season on the big stage yet again.
Yep. I had to listen on radio and it didn't sound good. Our defense still gets pushed around by the big boys, and we can't count on out scoring the caliber of defense that the Georgia's, Clemson's, and FSU's of the college football world possess.

Needless to say I deleted game from my DVR without taking time to watch.

wondering if heck or fedora tell mitch to live another day, tuck it and run, or what if/when a play breaks down?

the ball oob at the end was horrible, but i recall at least a handful of times he could've gained positive yards by just taking off.

whatever, i should've never began again on another thread.

one more, would any of you tried the fg at the end?

On paper it looks like the D didn't do a good job stopping the run, but I was actually encouraged by their play. I was hoping we could keep Chubb under 200 and if it wasn't for that one long one at the end of the game he doesn't get 200. If they can continue to get better going forward, then we have a solid D that I would feel comfortable being on the field. I still think we will need to average 35+ points to have a good year, but I think we can afford to score a little less than last year.

f me....

bZkMAOqq_normal.jpg

Andrew Carter (@_andrewcarter)
9/12/16, 11:55 AM

Fedora says that offensive balance, to him, is not an equal number of running and passing plays. He doesn't care about such things.

f me....

bZkMAOqq_normal.jpg

Andrew Carter (@_andrewcarter)
9/12/16, 11:55 AM

Fedora says that offensive balance, to him, is not an equal number of running and passing plays. He doesn't care about such things.
I don't have a problem with that. That being said, it doesn't need to be too lopsided and you have to take what the defense is giving you. He screwed both of those up in the UGA game. Couldn't watch the game on Saturday, but from looking at the stats it appears he followed those rules.

I don't have a problem with that. That being said, it doesn't need to be too lopsided and you have to take what the defense is giving you. He screwed both of those up in the UGA game. Couldn't watch the game on Saturday, but from looking at the stats it appears he followed those rules.

but think about his answer...the balance he's speaking of is what then?

now, read this statement from today after the first quote i posted:

When it comes to offensive balance, Fedora says he looks at the entire picture at end of year, passing yards to rushing.

so, he looks at each week being game #1...however, he looks at balance at the end of the year.

i don't get this philosophy, just sayin.

but think about his answer...the balance he's speaking of is what then?

now, read this statement from today after the first quote i posted:

When it comes to offensive balance, Fedora says he looks at the entire picture at end of year, passing yards to rushing.

so, he looks at each week being game #1...however, he looks at balance at the end of the year.

i don't get this philosophy, just sayin.
He's definitely said some strange things before. I've kind of started to ignore/accept what he says. As long as he keeps giving the ball to Hood and Logan I'll be happy.

Reactions: grillheel
TJ has been awesome so far! I'd love to see both guys get about 15 carries per game, open up the passing game to our great receivers... And let the D have longer rest between series.

TJ has been awesome so far! I'd love to see both guys get about 15 carries per game, open up the passing game to our great receivers... And let the D have longer rest between series.
Without actually looking at the stats, we did effectively work some clock at times in the game.

Also...............glad to see GoHeels has Adam Lucas doing Basketball Notebooks and Rapid Reactions on the UNC basketball schedule. JHC. When are we going to emphasize football more than we do?

True, but heres the total rushing stats after 2 games.
TJ: 15 for 134 (8.9 avg)
EH: 25 for 160 (6.4)

They also have 13 receptions between them. A few more touches would be nice but what the hell do I know?
On the other hand, look at the run/pass split from the Illinois game. I believe it was 31 run plays, 24 pass plays.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Also...............glad to see GoHeels has Adam Lucas doing Basketball Notebooks and Rapid Reactions on the UNC basketball schedule. JHC. When are we going to emphasize football more than we do?
Don't get me started. He actually wrote a Rapid Reactions column after the Georgia game, but not after the Illinois game. Why not? He can write a column for 30+ basketball games every season, but not 12+ football games? I just don't get it.

Don't get me started. He actually wrote a Rapid Reactions column after the Georgia game, but not after the Illinois game. Why not? He can write a column for 30+ basketball games every season, but not 12+ football games? I just don't get it.

Lucas and his dad, Jim, are both dyed-in-the-wool Carolina BB fans first and foremost. Don't get me wrong, they love all things Carolina; but Dean Smith wasn't the FB coach, if you get my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Games like this make me want to get in better shape so I don't have a heart attack. Hopefully this can give us some confidence going into the FSU game.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I was not prepared for that, especially with how porous our D looked for the majority of the game.

THAT.... WAS.... AWESOME !
I was bashing the defense the whole game. But, they do this a lot. They look like swiss cheese and then hold when it's on the line. They did it a lot last season.

I tell ya; I think Trubisky is going to make a huge impact on the school's records. With the OLine and the WR corps he has... he could set some serious records.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
Mitch was Awesome and so was Swiz. To have the running game SHUT DOWN and have a passing day like that says a LOT about Mitch.
Yes it does. He is a different QB than Marquise was, as far as physicality and run threat, so it's amazing he can do it when the defense knows it's coming.

Reactions: toophly1124
Well, we just got ur thunder stolen by a nearly identical ending at Auburn by LSU. Even though it was reversed.

i thought it was interesting that pitt chose to focus on the stopping the run for the entire game.

i say that because carolina hasn't shown a commitment to the ground at all this year...so pitt decides to run blitz and leave their corners and clearly below average safeties, alone vs our supposed strength.

that takes a lot of stones with the hope that carolina never establishes a lead and never gets game changing plays on special teams.

also, whatever tight end we have, name all three if you want, those guys should be open more often than not... is their a trust issue here?

Quitters never win, winners never quit. Just win baby!!! This game could fire our team up, the UGA loss was a bummer. Can you imagine how effective Mitch could have been if we played them later in the season. Oh well, Pops used to tell me to wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up first. Guess we have to take em one game at a time, should be interesting how we fare against FSU on Saturday.

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I did manage to catch the very end of it on my phone. To trail the entire game and come back to win via a touchdown during the final seconds is big time. This team's got balls.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT