ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Man we have played some bizarre games. Fukin love beatin the chokes but blowing two 3 score leads? Wow. Didn’t anticipate the defense being so bad this season.

Fun game overall, but scary to see them run all over our D in the final 3 qtrs. I have a feeling Jahlil and the Fox bros are gonna have jello legs late in the yr.

Jumbo package at goal line has looked decent so far. All eyes on red zone % of Longo.

Man we have played some bizarre games. Fukin love beatin the chokes but blowing two 3 score leads? Wow. Didn’t anticipate the defense being so bad this season.
Yeah that looked bad but Heels were up 42-17, IIRC, and damn near had a pick-six but vt went on to score and then got the onside kick and scored again.

We should've hung about 70 on those asswipes.

wallace_shawn_cropped.jpg

UNC isn't going to win when they make as many mistakes as they did last night. Blocked punts, pick 6, missed FG, the failures on 4th down, etc.

Surprised it was close at the end.

Didn't get to watch the game live. Planned to watch it this morning but just gonna delete it now. :(
I don't think I'm ever going to watch us play FSU again as long as Mack is here. For whatever reason, he just can't beat them. That was just a big cluster **** last night.

I don't think I'm ever going to watch us play FSU again as long as Mack is here. For whatever reason, he just can't beat them. That was just a big cluster **** last night.

One of the most disappointing losses I’ve seen as a UNC fan.

UNC isn't going to win when they make as many mistakes as they did last night. Blocked punts, pick 6, missed FG, the failures on 4th down, etc.

Surprised it was close at the end.
Shows you how bad fsu is for it to be that close.
Didn't get to watch the game live. Planned to watch it this morning but just gonna delete it now. :(
Second was also frustrating, but still entertaining.

and fwiw, i don’t mind this offense, but inviting all the personnel in the box on short yardage goes against what your identity is, imo...i hated that call as well.
The offense itself isn't bad. It's a very basic offense, but not bad. The problem is the guy calling plays. If you're going to have a simple offense, you have to be a good play caller.

Reactions: uncboy10
I wonder how much the wonky off-season is playing into outcomes. Seems like another spring under Hess could have been a good thing for a guy like Jahlil or Asim, etc. But they missed all that.

Not grasping at excuses (I'm not a big Longo fan anyway), just thinking that it is hard to judge stuff with full microscope this season.

The offense itself isn't bad. It's a very basic offense, but not bad. The problem is the guy calling plays. If you're going to have a simple offense, you have to be a good play caller.

There should be a double like button for this poast.

The scheme is fine, and actually quite effective against most teams. But Longo demonstrates a lack of basic critical thinking skills. 3rd and short in plus territory and a dominant run game? Obviously the perfect time to throw a slant.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Clemson has become the FSU of the 1990s. The ACC cannot beat them.

The funny thing is, about once or twice a year they look beatable. But nobody seals the deal. Last year it was us. I think we'll be the first ones to knock them off. If we bring back a significant number of seniors next year then we will be really good. And you have to think Clemson loses more of their guys to the NFL than we do. I hope we take care of business during the regular season to set up a big time matchup.

The funny thing is, about once or twice a year they look beatable. But nobody seals the deal. Last year it was us. I think we'll be the first ones to knock them off. If we bring back a significant number of seniors next year then we will be really good. And you have to think Clemson loses more of their guys to the NFL than we do. I hope we take care of business during the regular season to set up a big time matchup.
Unfortunately, I think we're going to lose a decent amount of talent. We'll still have Sam though.

Unfortunately, I think we're going to lose a decent amount of talent. We'll still have Sam though.

If I'm a senior and won't get drafted then there is a 110% chance I'm coming back. Get a free year of grad school, and maybe even the chance to develop into a late pick.

If I'm a senior and won't get drafted then there is a 110% chance I'm coming back. Get a free year of grad school, and maybe even the chance to develop into a late pick.

it’s funny when you read about these kids who are deciding whether to go pro or use up their eligibility And so on and you just want to say my god if you only knew what life has in store for you you would stay on that campus every second you possibly could. I know all of us as students felt like it was difficult and were ready to make some money but looking back on it I’d give anything for one more year on campus

Reactions: uncboy10
it’s funny when you read about these kids who are deciding whether to go pro or use up their eligibility And so on and you just want to say my god if you only knew what life has in store for you you would stay on that campus every second you possibly could. I know all of us as students felt like it was difficult and were ready to make some money but looking back on it I’d give anything for one more year on campus

Ok boomer.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Sure, if you aren't getting drafted then come back. But if you aren't getting drafted as a junior, then you probably aren't contributing much. Our top RBs and WRs are probably leaving. We're losing some on D too. We've got some talent coming in, but it's young and unproven talent. We're a couple of classes away from the depth we need.

At 50k a year, it could be a tough choice. At 300k guaranteed, it's not tough.

Sure, if you aren't getting drafted then come back. But if you aren't getting drafted as a junior, then you probably aren't contributing much. Our top RBs and WRs are probably leaving. We're losing some on D too. We've got some talent coming in, but it's young and unproven talent. We're a couple of classes away from the depth we need.

You think Javonte is gone after this year?

Probably. If you're a RB and can get a 3rd-4th round grade, it's probably best to go. I think he can get that.

If we lose him and Mike plus the top 3 WR’s then the o-line better get a hell of a lot better or the offense is going to struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT