ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Kelvin%20Bryant.jpg
YES! Except for the helmet, and if i had to I'd accept that as part of the overall package.

That was a badass uni.

If I remember correctly they mentioned that a bunch of the upperclassmen went to Mack and basically said that. Kinda f*cking pathetic to be honest.

Mack needs to bring MJ in as a “don’t be a little bitch” consultant.
I'd prefer LT

Carolina football is destined for mediocrity.
The last 2 seasons of Mack Brown's tenure were not mediocre. Those teams were very good! They were never Ohio State/Alabama-dominant. And, they never will be that good. But, UNC should be able to win their ACC division on a regular basis, at least. Clemson is going to rule the ACC until Swinney or Venables is gone.

Reactions: bluetoe
The last 2 seasons of Mack Brown's tenure were not mediocre. Those teams were very good! They were never Ohio State/Alabama-dominant. And, they never will be that good. But, UNC should be able to win their ACC division on a regular basis, at least. Clemson is going to rule the ACC until Swinney or Venables is gone.

Winning one of the worst divisions in P5 football. Ok, I’ll settle for “slightly above mediocre”.

That would be great if he were allowed to be within five miles of a school.
and that's why I prefer his input. He's the 'pack of wild dogs' guy. I am a Lawrence Taylor FAN-atic. All those legal problems? Give me a break, he was set up like a motherf****r. I know, because he said so.

Training and scheme is important. But defense shouldn't be played clinically on the field, it should be played with reckless abandon and malice aforethought.

It absolutely is more iconic. I like the Tar heel foot logo on the helmet, too
if you're referring to the giant Tar Heel foot on the helmet from a few years back, I couldn't get into it. Too garish and cartoonish, but maybe I just had a bad taste in my mouth from Fedora's Mickey Mouse tinkering with what I considered to be perfection in a football uniform. On the other hand, little Tar Heel citations ala Ohio State's buckeyes on the helmet is an awesomely inspiring thing to me.

I would love to see us get back to something like the retro uni's from Saturday, and with at least a Tar Heel on the stripe of the pants. We are Tar Heels, dammit, let's wear it. But with class, not crass.

I agree with the bolded, and will add that a program has to do more than just produce a top-notch team in order to be dominant. There has to be a domination mentality, and that takes consistent winning and not disrupting the process by letting a winning coach get away every few years.

Given that, I disagree with the rest of your post. There is no reason (OK, there are a few weak reasons) that UNC can't become dominant in football, and even be a nattie contender.

and that's why I prefer his input. He's the 'pack of wild dogs' guy. I am a Lawrence Taylor FAN-atic. All those legal problems? Give me a break, he was set up like a motherf****r. I know, because he said so.

Training and scheme is important. But defense shouldn't be played clinically on the field, it should be played with reckless abandon and malice aforethought.

yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

I agree with the bolded, and will add that a program has to do more than just produce a top-notch team in order to be dominant. There has to be a domination mentality, and that takes consistent winning and not disrupting the process by letting a winning coach get away every few years.

Given that, I disagree with the rest of your post. There is no reason (OK, there are a few weak reasons) that UNC can't become dominant in football, and even be a nattie contender.
The few weak reasons (I guess?) must be stronger than you thought since it's pretty much been the same since Mack Brown left, except for the one season that Fedora pulled out of his ass and even THAT one ended as tragically as it started.

The few weak reasons (I guess?) must be stronger than you thought since it's pretty much been the same since Mack Brown left, except for the one season that Fedora pulled out of his ass and even THAT one ended as tragically as it started.
you must be one of those who refuses to acknowledge what Butch Davis put together in a couple of years. He was the coach you hire when you decide to get serious about UNC football.

Fedora was the kind of coach you hire when you've had your hand slapped hard by the NCAA and you need to tread lightly for awhile. John Bunting was the coach you hire when your sweetheart Mack Brown walks out on you and you need loyalty more than anything else. There's no reason to even consider what they did or didn't do for us.

just plug in a seriously good football coach and see what happens. Really good players like UNC. Just add the good HC and keep him around.

all of them. The man had more people trying to entrap him than Trump.

wait a sec, are you him?

i’m going to be really honest with you because i usually am, i enjoy your work(not always agree), and you seem like a well traveled fella.

but not one person, no tar heel, no ny giant, nobody, has ever said that he was ever set up, until now.

Reactions: Heelicious
wait a sec, are you him?

i’m going to be really honest with you because i usually am, i enjoy your work(not always agree), and you seem like a well traveled fella.

but not one person, no tar heel, no ny giant, nobody, has ever said that he was ever set up, until now.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. HE said it, famously, in just the words I posted..."I was set up like a motherfvcker". And he most definitely is a person, a NY Giant, and a Tar Heel.

He was talking about his cocaine-buying bust in Myrtle Beach.

And I was making a joke of his having said it, the joke being that I'm such a fan that I can't believe he has done anything wrong in spite of all evidence to the contrary. I thought it would be obvious that I was kidding, sorry. I actually don't believe him on that score but I do believe he was innocent of statutory rape when he availed himself of the services of an underage prostitute. He asked her age and she lied.

And I really am a huge fan, such that I don't really care what he has done afoul of the law. I will occasionally youtube anything I can find on him and watch him play the same plays over and over. I can't get enough. He is to football what MJ is to BB.

BTW, thank you for the kind words.

there’s some thought that if scarolina hires beamer, bateman might be a target for d-coordinator...not sure how i’d feel about that.

there’s some thought that if scarolina hires beamer, bateman might be a target for d-coordinator...not sure how i’d feel about that.
I'm sure there is another defensive coordinator that is just as good or better than Bateman, and would gladly work for Mack Brown.

I really thought bateman was the homerun hire and Longo would have us pulling our hair out. Guess it’s a good thing I’m not in charge of hiring coordinators

I really thought bateman was the homerun hire and Longo would have us pulling our hair out. Guess it’s a good thing I’m not in charge of hiring coordinators
So I've heard, it's the talent that we have that's not up to par. But the talent is supposedly on the way.

So I've heard, it's the talent that we have that's not up to par. But the talent is supposedly on the way.
I hear the talent excuse a lot for Bateman. We're not suiting up Clemson talent, but it's not G5 talent either. There's enough there not to give up 1,000 points to WF. We've played below average D in almost every game this year. He needs to show some improvement next year.

Reactions: strummingram
I hear the talent excuse a lot for Bateman. We're not suiting up Clemson talent, but it's not G5 talent either. There's enough there not to give up 1,000 points to WF. We've played below average D in almost every game this year. He needs to show some improvement next year.
I'll believe it when I see it.

If Harbaugh loses to Rutgers... I gotta think that UM is going to seriously be looking to can him.

And, also in Big Ten news; I am SO GLAD that Pedo State is 0-5 for the first time in school history. I hope they NEVER win a game again! They should have NEVER been allowed to have a football team after what happened there.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam... Sam...

Believe it!

except if they keep us under 20.
Yeah, I never expected that. I figured we could get to the low 30s. Pretty much everyone on offense, players and staff, played horrible. Even Sam didn't have a great game. I was pleasantly surprised with the D though. Especially with us playing some young guys. If that D showed up all year, then ND would be our first loss. That's the story of UNC football though.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT