ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Mack brought in some talented guys but we definitely won't have another RB combo like Javonte/Mike anytime soon, if ever.

You keep referring to him as Mike. Is that a thing? You're the only one I've ever heard call him that. Just curious? Remember, Patrick Mahomes got mad when everybody kept referring to him as Pat.

Mack brought in some talented guys but we definitely won't have another RB combo like Javonte/Mike anytime soon, if ever.
Well, he'd better make the most of them this season. It's sort of a shame since this season doesn't really even count.

If we lose him and Mike plus the top 3 WR’s then the o-line better get a hell of a lot better or the offense is going to struggle.
I don't think losing the WRs will hurt as much. We're really deep there and you can catch on (no pun intended) pretty quick in that position. Plus, we're already getting some of the younger guys some playing time. What worries me is the RB position. Not a lot of freshman just come in and get that one right away and we have no experience with any of our backups. Having Sam will help some though. Everyone will still have to respect the pass.

Reactions: uncboy10
I don't think losing the WRs will hurt as much. We're really deep there and you can catch on (no pun intended) pretty quick in that position. Plus, we're already getting some of the younger guys some playing time. What worries me is the RB position. Not a lot of freshman just come in and get that one right away and we have no experience with any of our backups. Having Sam will help some though. Everyone will still have to respect the pass.
Is it some foregone conclusion that Javonte Williams and Dyami Brown are gone after this season?

Is it some foregone conclusion that Javonte Williams and Dyami Brown are gone after this season?
No, but RBs aren't valued in the NFL like they used to be. If he gets a third round grade, which is very possible, then there's no reason to stay as a running back. I think Mack would tell him the same. Brown is one of the top WRs in the ACC. He'll probably get a middle round grade too. There's a greater chance for Williams to go I think, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them both leave.

No, but RBs aren't valued in the NFL like they used to be. If he gets a third round grade, which is very possible, then there's no reason to stay as a running back. I think Mack would tell him the same. Brown is one of the top WRs in the ACC. He'll probably get a middle round grade too. There's a greater chance for Williams to go I think, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them both leave.

They both have the opportunity to move up though. I agree that it’s usually wise to go get paid, especially as a RB. But, if Etienne can come back to clemson then anything can happen.

Maybe these guys have a group chat where Sam is trying to convince everyone to come back and try to win a natty

Reactions: tarheel0910

he’s not even on a board as far as i can find...and when i say board, i mean projection...there are approx 24 rb’s listed.

eta: chazz is rated a top 3 olb so probably a 2nd rd pick, minimum.

i have found dazz as the highest rated unc player regardless of position.

Last edited:
I hate when UNC plays those mouth breathing moo pieces of crap. I turn into some one I really dont want to be until it's over. (depending on who wins) My wife got so upset at some of things I was saying last year that she chided me about it and tried to remind me it was just a game. Then I snapped at her and she left until the game was over. She doesn't know they're playing this weekend, oh but she will. I can feel me getting pissed off already.

Screw moo.

I hate when UNC plays those mouth breathing moo pieces of crap. I turn into some one I really dont want to be until it's over. (depending on who wins) My wife got so upset at some of things I was saying last year that she chided me about it and tried to remind me it was just a game. Then I snapped at her and she left until the game was over. She doesn't know they're playing this weekend, oh but she will. I can feel me getting pissed off already.

Screw moo.
I'm glad you and the missus are doing better and you can watch it and be at full vigor!

I just hope we win. I'm still very deflated after last week.

I caught part of Dave Doeren's radio show. He said it's going to be chippy, that we're averaging 9 penalties a game which is a weakness of ours and basically said that they want the penalty situation to be a strength for them. Code for "they're going to try bate us into penalties"

I caught part of Dave Doeren's radio show. He said it's going to be chippy, that we're averaging 9 penalties a game which is a weakness of ours and basically said that they want the penalty situation to be a strength for them. Code for "they're going to try bate us into penalties"
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

best carolina uni of all-time is being worn tomorrow
Kelvin%20Bryant.jpg

Reactions: gteeitup
Those defenses Mack Brown had in the mid-late 90s were vicious!

I still think he can get us back to that level. Just gotta stop screwing around and losing stupid games we shouldn’t be losing.

I hope these young dogs coming are hungry. We need em ready to compete ASAP

I still think he can get us back to that level. Just gotta stop screwing around and losing stupid games we shouldn’t be losing.

I hope these young dogs coming are hungry. We need em ready to compete ASAP
Back in 96-97... it was FSU we could never beat. OR... UVA at home!

Sound familiar?

It was definitely a different FSU team. But, UNC had no business losing either game this season. I hope they an dominate tomorrow.

We'd probably be ranked #3 or #4 if we win both of those. Just goes to show how much you have to lose every week when you're trying to build a playoff contender.

It was definitely a different FSU team. But, UNC had no business losing either game this season.
Too many players on the team with a losing mentality right now. These upperclassmen were here for Fed's last two seasons and don't know how to win.

Too many players on the team with a losing mentality right now. These upperclassmen were here for Fed's last two seasons and don't know how to win.

If I remember correctly they mentioned that a bunch of the upperclassmen went to Mack and basically said that. Kinda f*cking pathetic to be honest.

Mack needs to bring MJ in as a “don’t be a little bitch” consultant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT