ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

let me also add, the fukkin jet sweep is either not worked on or the guys just aren’t doing their jobs with their keys and trying to make their own play.

let me also add, the fukkin jet sweep is either not worked on or the guys just aren’t doing their jobs with their keys and trying to make their own play.
Yeah, I wonder if Asante is still figuring out where to be. Plenty of bad fits and coverages, but I thought second half looked pretty good.

Feels like D can still be decent for us overall. I guess we'll see in two weeks, at least Bateman will have recent footage.

Reactions: gteeitup
Looking like the ACC won't be putting any teams in the playoff this year.

Tommy Bowden... I liked him!

I just realized who it was!

UNC! I was there! October 2001, we won 38-3 in Death Valley. Darian Durant was the QB. I bought some white shoe polish in Clemson and drew "38-3" on my van's side windows and back window.

Oddly enough that was the ONLY game I didnt attend that season. A co-worker got married that day and I went to the wedding.

Oddly enough that was the ONLY game I didnt attend that season. A co-worker got married that day and I went to the wedding.
It was the only one I attended. I lived in Greenville at the time. Now, I live in Clemson. It was a risk rubbing-it-in that day with the shoe polish. But, I got plenty of UNC fans honking at me and my gf in our van on the way back on hwy 123! It was the only game I attended at Death Valley where we won the game!

It was the only one I attended. I lived in Greenville at the time. Now, I live in Clemson. It was a risk rubbing-it-in that day with the shoe polish. But, I got plenty of UNC fans honking at me and my gf in our van on the way back on hwy 123! It was the only game I attended at Death Valley where we won the game!

Only time I saw the Heels win at Clemson was 1997.. I think I am 1-7 in Death Valley.

Reactions: strummingram
Looking like the ACC won't be putting any teams in the playoff this year.
Nah, someone else would have to beat them. That team doesn't exist in the ACC and lil carolina isn't doing it. A 12-1 ACC champ will make it in. It's not like they got blown out. Overlooked in that game was Clemson's D. They didn't exactly shit the bed.

GT lost to a team that was 0-6 last yr.

Teams like Colgate, Ohio, UMass and ODU were defeated by acc teams.

Fsu will likely get clobbered by Notre.

Can Satterfield take down OleMiss?

Packs 45-0 beating of USF might be best showing for the conf :-|

Nah, someone else would have to beat them. That team doesn't exist in the ACC and lil carolina isn't doing it. A 12-1 ACC champ will make it in. It's not like they got blown out. Overlooked in that game was Clemson's D. They didn't exactly shit the bed.

I won't be shocked if they drop another one. Obviously UGA's defense is way better than any other defense they'll face in the ACC.. But they looked beatable last night. If we hadn't shit the bed against VT then I'd be relatively optimistic about our chances of pulling off an upset. Herbstreit mentioned it a few times, but DJ was locking in on one receiver and struggling to progress through his secondary reads. That's going to be a problem against any halfway decent defense, particularly one with experienced safeties.

We’ll see how good tech turns out to be but I got a bad feeling we’ll play 5 teams better than them. Don’t know if there’s any way to fix what’s wrong (o-line) at this point. I was cautiously optimistic about 10 wins but no more.

From now on I hope we schedule cupcakes week one. Big openers have never gone well for Carolina football
Happens very often. Mack said they had no real scrimmage game. Don't play a scrimmage on a national TV night game with a division rival for your first game back... with fans after a season without... on the road in Blacksburg, VA. It was a buzzsaw.

im having a fantasy draft while watching this shit again on accn…we didn’t send many pressuresand we were blown off the line…what am i missing?

was chaz surratt that great????

Big games in general. Not just openers.
Even during the "best years" that was the case. In 1980, probably my most nostalgic season, they lost to Oklahoma and that was their only loss... but, it was a BIG GAME. Even bigger than the Bluebonnet bowl game that we won later on that season against Texas. LT's senior year, Amos Lawrence's senior year. If they'd beaten OK, they'd have been in the Orange Bowl, probably.

Mack could never beat FSU. And, in 1997, losing to FSU was the biggest game of the year. They slaughtered VT in the Gator Bowl, but losing to FSU was the biggest game that season. It would have made the Orange Bowl the more likely bowl game instead of the Gator.

And, in Marquise's 2015 miracle season, they lost the bowl game, and the USC opener was also a game they should have won. And, they lost the ACCCG against Clemson. All big games that would have been major shifts in the legacy of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT