ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

MTSU are playing VT tougher than we did.

I said in the game thread last week that VT would lose against Richmond or some shit like that and we’d really realize how bad that performance was. Didn’t expect it to be the very next week...

VT will probably hold on but it just shows their personnel isn’t that great.

Only upside is that VT probably loses at least two conference games.

The lines look just as bad in person as they do on TV. I think I might be able to start on the O line.

can somebody remind me of the center’s name under fedora that was drafted and played in the league?

eta: never mind, got it…bodine

Throwback unis this weekend. Not sure I need to be reminded of all those UVA games in the 90s. Definitely don't need a reminder of the orange bowl.

heard brad lawing, a former carolina, scarolina, florida, and fsu asst coach on the radio last week…he said by far, the facilities at fsu are some of worst he’s seen.

they are in trouble, bigly.
Yeah, I've heard they have bad facilities before. You would think with their history that they would have some of the best in the ACC.

Of course we shit the bed in week one of the year where even the best teams in the country don’t look untouchable...

ND, Miami, Clemson all look more beatable than probably anyone expected. Bama is obviously really good but even they look like they could be taken down.

FSU is horrendous...

If the o-line was even remotely decent we could’ve made some serious noise this year. Just imagine if a few of the skills guys on offense from last year had come back...

Last edited:
Of course we shit the bed in week one of the year where even the best teams in the country don’t look untouchable...

ND, Miami, Clemson all look more beatable than probably anyone expected. Bama is obviously really good but even they look like they could be taken down.

FSU is horrendous...

If the o-line was even remotely decent we could’ve made some serious noise this year. Just imagine if a few of the skills guys on offense from last year had come back...
just need to win the coastal…the prize is still there.

just need to win the coastal…the prize is still there.

Hopefully we see something from the o-line tonight that makes us believe that is possible. This team was supposed to have the talent to run the table on this schedule. Especially given what we know now about Miami and ND. But if the o-line is giving up penetration and struggling to run the ball against Ga State then that makes me think we're going to struggle all year. Hopefully Anderson is back and it makes a big difference.

But idk man... my confidence in this team is pretty badly shaken. Usually I'm amped up like crazy for Saturdays, even when we haven't been that good. Something about that loss to VT just killed my optimism.

Don't get me wrong, I know that if Mack puts another 1 or 2 of these crazy recruiting classes together, we're going to be loaded. Especially as these 4 and 5 star guys become upperclassmen and take over the depth chart. But when I watch just about any other team in the country, I see way more creative play calling (particularly on offense) and better use of personnel.

Hopefully we see something from the o-line tonight that makes us believe that is possible. This team was supposed to have the talent to run the table on this schedule. Especially given what we know now about Miami and ND. But if the o-line is giving up penetration and struggling to run the ball against Ga State then that makes me think we're going to struggle all year. Hopefully Anderson is back and it makes a big difference.

But idk man... my confidence in this team is pretty badly shaken. Usually I'm amped up like crazy for Saturdays, even when we haven't been that good. Something about that loss to VT just killed my optimism.

Don't get me wrong, I know that if Mack puts another 1 or 2 of these crazy recruiting classes together, we're going to be loaded. Especially as these 4 and 5 star guys become upperclassmen and take over the depth chart. But when I watch just about any other team in the country, I see way more creative play calling (particularly on offense) and better use of personnel.
totally agree…the o-line is a mystery to me considering the hype and projected “pros” on the two-deep…we’ll see.

cheers!!

Reactions: uncboy10

giphy.gif

Tonight's win makes me even more irritated about the VT game. I guess I'll get over it when we lose to FSU.

Ga Tech gives Clemson a scare in Death Valley, and UNC is a 12 point favorite in Atlanta? And, an o/u of 63, so that patented defense is expected.

Ga Tech gives Clemson a scare in Death Valley, and UNC is a 12 point favorite in Atlanta? And, an o/u of 63, so that patented defense is expected.

Clemson looked terrible though. Their offense looks about like ours did in the first half against VT.

I won’t be surprised if DJ loses the starting job next year to Klubnik and ends up in the transfer portal.

Clemson looked terrible though. Their offense looks about like ours did in the first half against VT.

I won’t be surprised if DJ loses the starting job next year to Klubnik and ends up in the transfer portal.
I only saw a little bit of the Clemson and Georgia tech game. I know they're not as good as they were last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT