ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Mack has always been a recruiter/CEO type of coach. He clearly can still recruit. But does he have the CEO skills to make a change at offensive coordinator before Longo kills his second tenure? I guess time will tell.

Longo and Searles both need to be fired for sure. I think you can make the argument that Bateman should go too, but I think in his case you have to look at the other options and make sure there is a better one.
Definitely need to start over with the offense. Next year is the perfect time to do it since we'll most likely be breaking in a new QB. I don't think Bateman is the guy to get it done, but I think he probably should get one more year to see if he can improve some of our younger guys. He should definitely be on the hot seat.

Reactions: blazers
If we're going to restart O, might as well restart HC since there are plenty HC who are offensive-minded and are either heavy contributors or main play-callers. Good offense is mandatory these days to win, D only goes so far.

If we're going to restart O, might as well restart HC since there are plenty HC who are offensive-minded and are either heavy contributors or main play-callers. Good offense is mandatory these days to win, D only goes so far.
It's too soon to completely start over. Give Mack a chance to make a change. If that doesn't work, then move on. Bubba needs to make it known to Mack that changes need to be made though. If Mack isn't willing to make them, then it would be best for Bubba to find someone else.

Reactions: uncboy10

Finding a better OC than Longo is easy. Finding an offensive minded HC who can recruit as well as Mack is not easy. Plus then you need a whole new staff. Maybe a few of the current coaches would stay but a new HC typically means a full regime change.

IMO we’re better off sticking with Mack, at least until he completely fills out the roster with the level of talent he has been bringing in.

It's too soon to completely start over. Give Mack a chance to make a change. If that doesn't work, then move on. Bubba needs to make it known to Mack that changes need to be made though. If Mack isn't willing to make them, then it would be best for Bubba to find someone else.
How much longer will Mack be coaching though, he's old and Sally likes vacations ;) Cut him now while we have a stacked D and Maye as well as some recruiting momentum for the new guy to use? If you drag it out and recruiting falls then you jeopardize forcing the new guy into a full rebuild.

Finding a better OC than Longo is easy. Finding an offensive minded HC who can recruit as well as Mack is not easy. Plus then you need a whole new staff. Maybe a few of the current coaches would stay but a new HC typically means a full regime change.

IMO we’re better off sticking with Mack, at least until he completely fills out the roster with the level of talent he has been bringing in.
If Mack can keep up recruiting while we are a .500 team losing to wake in an empty stadium at noon then I'd agree. And I'll just do what @tarheel0910 says to do and be happy w 7 wins.

Longo isn't taking us anywhere. Bateman might be okay, but there are weird things that look like regression. Last nite gap control went out the window when Sims came in... Made him look like Lamar Jackson.

Edit - Mack was 💯 the right hire a few yrs ago but his time might be up imo, go out on a decent note with golf and Sally as the excuse.

this is hard to believe, TBH. What would a State fan possibly do to deserve something like that?

In reality, I'd like to get one of those planes that scoop up water and dump it for putting out forest fires and load it up with the contents of a thousand porta-potties and make a pass over each side of that shithole stadium while they are celebrating like they were Saturday. Kind of dampen their spirits a little..

Many years ago, my wife and I attended a State-Carolina game there and we were in a section with more Carolina fans that State fans. A State couple near us watched in mostly silence as we drilled them pretty good that day. The Carolina fans did normal cheering stuff and were not at all obnoxious about it. After the game, I saw the female half of that couple spitting on Carolina fans as they started filing past her. I told my wife she better be ready to bail me out of jail because if that POS spit on us, she was getting punched out. There are limits. If you don't respect them, why should I, sort of thing.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I felt like the def would
Carry this team this year or at least keep us in games. I thought we had the talent and coaching to be special. It’s just the opposite. I’m shocked at how bad they are defensively. Three mediocre offenses have their seasons best games against us. Add to that the dumpster fire at o-line which I’m not sure who to blame on.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I'm not sure why anyone was fooled. This is us. This is how it goes. If you believed Carolina football was poised for a big season, then you're new to Carolina football.

Did you see that run Sunday by Williams? Bulldozed two defenders. Only thing is rb’s with that kind of style dont last long. 3 yrs tops
i did…i rewound it over and over…thought elijah hood was the best carolina back since means, but it’s williams hands down…and you’re right, he can’t be earl campbell nowadays.

Reactions: blazers
UNC fans can be so weird sometimes. Apparently Sam is becoming the reason why our team is so bad. The best player on the team and the only one who has been half way decent is now the problem. Sam isn't perfect, but we would be winless and straight trash without him.

To be fair, at least we’re SUPPOSED to be good enough to make a list like that. It’s better than going .500 and being considered an overachiever.

After having to listen to so many Clemson fans in my fam talk shit about how good the jags were gonna be with Lawrence and ettienne and throw in Tebow i can’t help but laugh. This plus them dropping out of the top 25 has been fun.
i can imagine.

that apology he came out with yesterday reminded me of the tiger woods apology…he hires a racist coach and offers tebow a roster spot, yet this was a distraction.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT