ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Heres where that 59% grad rate hurts. No way in hell unc opens the checkbook for fedora when we're dead last in the acc graduating players.
Those graduation success rates reflect "the percent of scholarship freshman football players entering ACC schools from 2006 to 2009 who graduated within six years." Fedora wasn't even here yet when those guys enrolled. Just one more legacy Butch left for us.

Those graduation success rates reflect "the percent of scholarship freshman football players entering ACC schools from 2006 to 2009 who graduated within six years." Fedora wasn't even here yet when those guys enrolled. Just one more legacy Butch left for us.

Did not realize that! Tks for the clarification.

Did not realize that! Tks for the clarification.
No problem. I didn't even know the numbers were out, and couldn't believe that were that bad. That's embarrassing. Add to Fedora's plus-side of the ledger that he has generally recruited higher-character kids than his predecessor. I don't think that's even arguable.

I can attest- THN is as high strung as they come during a game. He makes Seahawk seem like an optimist
I try to control it but can't help it. I wish I could just blame it on the alcohol, but I can't. It's all me. Remember when we played Kentucky at Rupp in like .... 2003 or so and they had some dude named Fitz or something that was raining 3s on us?

Yeah, I put my foot through the wall during the second half of that game. I was like 14. Sports just does something to me. I lose my shit.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
I would love to see Fedora at the Hill for as long as we can keep him. UNC football is exciting again, and there is actually hope that we can contend for division and conference titles. If we have to pay up to keep him, I hope we do so; otherwise I fear we end up in another Torbush/Bunting decade of crap.

Last edited:
he already makes $3 million...i wouldn't know where to start other than bonus clauses and apparel deals.

if the admin is willing to go to $4 million, look at the coaches making that and see if fedora measures up...i can't recall the recent list put out, but i believe the top 50 were published.

didn't herman atm houston last year for about $4.5?

Fedora isn't going anywhere. And, if he does... bye.

I don't see greatness in Larry Fedora at all. He and Chizik are average and average is what UNC football will be.

I'm not optimistic about the bowl game either. Fedora loves trick plays and seems to lack the ability to get his teams up for important games.

We all feel This team should be 10-2.... 8-4 is not great, but we could easily 6-6 If not for pulling out the Pitt and FSU games. So I guess In the end we are what our record says we are; just slightly above average.

at this point i'd love a double ketel one with olives, a peroni, and some pistachios.

Ketel-One-Dirty-Martini.jpg

_DSC6268+%5B2%5D.jpg

I'm fresh out of pistachios, Gary . . how 'bout some steamed spiced shrimp or maybe some flatbread . . ?

"We all feel This team should be 10-2.... 8-4 is not great, but we could easily 6-6 If not for pulling out the Pitt and FSU games. So I guess In the end we are what our record says we are; just slightly above average."

So sad but true. I can understand losing to UG because we wet the bed almost every time we play a SEC team. I can understand losing to VT in the monsoon game, but not by that margin. And to choke and lose to dook and NVSU is just piss poor. If Mitch and Elijah leave, we're most likely back to .500 football. If we are, it's time to look for another coach or just accept mediocrity. How many years are left on Fed's contract?

We all feel This team should be 10-2.... 8-4 is not great, but we could easily 6-6 If not for pulling out the Pitt and FSU games. So I guess In the end we are what our record says we are; just slightly above average.
With the talent we had this year 8-4 is a waste of a season. It appears last year was a fluke. On the plus side we just guaranteed moo at least one more year of mediocrity because they will keep Dave now.

On the plus side we just guaranteed moo at least one more year of mediocrity because they will keep Dave now.
Except that clown is now 2-2 against us.... That's unacceptable. Of course this is thier SUPER-FREAKIN-BOWL, and those bovine-defiling inbreds wouldn't care if they were 1-11 as long as the W is against us.

Except that clown is now 2-2 against us.... That's unacceptable. Of course this is thier SUPER-FREAKIN-BOWL, and those bovine-defiling inbreds wouldn't care if they were 1-11 as long as the W is against us.

Ya I don't see how we can justifiably make fun of Doeren anymore, he's 2-0 in Kenan Stadium. Embarrassing.

I was at family's all day but was keeping up with it on my phone. Seemed like when we finally woke up we still didn't use Hood enough, especially in short yardage situations. Too cute. Again, that is following from a phone though. After it was 21-0 I had to stop following it for a while because I was getting too frustrated for my setting, haha.

I never liked the Chizik hire so hopefully they make a change there. He was always overrated, though they certainly have to recruit better in the trenches.

I was at family's all day but was keeping up with it on my phone. Seemed like when we finally woke up we still didn't use Hood enough, especially in short yardage situations. Too cute. Again, that is following from a phone though. After it was 21-0 I had to stop following it for a while because I was getting too frustrated for my setting, haha.

I never liked the Chizik hire so hopefully they make a change there. He was always overrated, though they certainly have to recruit better in the trenches.
Defense was solid the second half. They made some good adjustments at the half. Getting rid of Chizik after two years would be stupid. Shity play calling killed us.

Hood was getting stuffed at the line more often than not. Hell he lost 7 yards on a straight run. It's pretty damn hard to lose 7 yards on a run that is not an end around but when the DL pushes your OL 3 yards into the backfield it really increases the odds. We ran the ball too much and were often left behind the sticks for 2nd down. I would love to know the number of runs we had for 0 gain or for a loss.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Defense was solid the second half. They made some good adjustments at the half. Getting rid of Chizik after two years would be stupid. Shity play calling killed us.
Solid might be an overstatement. moo started to play not to lose around the 4th. They also had receivers drop a couple of passes that would have sustained drives. Our defense made a couple of good plays such as when the their tackle let Carney streak in for a sack but they were pushed around all day.

Solid might be an overstatement. moo started to play not to lose around the 4th. They also had receivers drop a couple of passes that would have sustained drives. Our defense made a couple of good plays such as when the their tackle let Carney streak in for a sack but they were pushed around all day.
So our defense only made good plays when moo allowed us to? The D was solid in the second half. They did enough for us to get the win. Calling a trick play on 4th and two inside the ten is one of the reasons we lost. The play calling was horrible.

So our defense only made good plays when moo allowed us to? The D was solid in the second half. They did enough for us to get the win.
They also played so poorly in the first half that they dug a hole we couldn't climb out of.

Calling a trick play on 4th and two inside the ten is one of the reasons we lost. The play calling was horrible.
IIRC it was 3rd and 1 inside the 10 before we had to a) burn a timeout, b) run an idiotic wildcat play, and c) run one of the most ridiculous trick plays that tricked absolutely nobody (Logan's pitch to Switzer, who attempted to pass to Trubisky). Horrible, horrible piece of coaching there. That said, blaming the loss on play calling is only telling part of the story. There is plenty of blame to go around. The execution on both sides of the ball, particularly in the first half, was atrocious. Dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, etc. That's on the players, not the coaches. JMO.

They also played so poorly in the first half that they dug a hole we couldn't climb out of.

IIRC it was 3rd and 1 inside the 10 before we had to a) burn a timeout, b) run an idiotic wildcat play, and c) run one of the most ridiculous trick plays that tricked absolutely nobody (Logan's pitch to Switzer, who attempted to pass to Trubisky). Horrible, horrible piece of coaching there. That said, blaming the loss on play calling is only telling part of the story. There is plenty of blame to go around. The execution on both sides of the ball, particularly in the first half, was atrocious. Dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, etc. That's on the players, not the coaches. JMO.
I'm not saying the defense was excellent, but at least they put us in a position to win after the half. The offense was bad the whole game. It looked like the UGA game all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT