ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

emmitt ran a 4.6 on turf

maybe the best vision and balance ever

And maybe the toughest. I watched Emmitt Smith run for 168 yards with a separated shoulder against the Giants in '92. If you've ever separated a shoulder you can imagine what that was like. Most courageous athletic performance I've ever seen. (Chuck Wepner just flipped me off)

Reactions: gteeitup
And maybe the toughest. I watched Emmitt Smith run for 168 yards with a separated shoulder against the Giants in '92. If you've ever separated a shoulder you can imagine what that was like. Most courageous athletic performance I've ever seen. (Chuck Wepner just flipped me off)

i have, twice...the second was more of ac tear just 18 months ago, but you're right, it's brutal.

it finally calcified last summer so i could be completely pain free.

it's funny because in that game i thought he milked it to allow the giants to focus on tackling him higher...they totally abandoned fundamentals and tried to grab him to pull him down...he was a warrior and he'll live a good life because he never took a direct hit.

Watching Western Michigan - Ohio U MAC Championship game.

Man, I would be so annoyed with that damn "Row the boats" stuff if P.J. Fleck was my program's coach. I like him as a coach but that shit is annoying lol.

Seeing some similar issues for Western Michigan we have at times with the up-tempo spread. WMU gained a good chunk on 2nd and long to make it 3rd and 1; they rushed up to the line in an attempt to go fast and ran the ball, only to promptly get stuffed. Seems familiar.

WMU does seem to run the ball a lot though, which I know makes @gteeitup feel tingly.

Of course, they run it TOO much inside the redzone and get stuffed and settle for three lol

Last edited:
Would be interested to get your thoughts on WMU WR Corey Davis' pro potential @gteeitup -- he looks like a dude from the two games I've watched of them this year (I watch MACtion every week lol. I have no life)

Would be interested to get your thoughts on WMU WR Corey Davis' pro potential @gteeitup -- he looks like a dude from the two games I've watched of them this year (I watch MACtion every week lol. I have no life)

oh, i know exactly who 84 is...he's a prototype #1 in the league...big body, good hands...secretly hoping he falls to late in 2nd round so my team can snatch him...imo, he's better than treadwell last year.

oh, i know exactly who 84 is...he's a prototype #1 in the league...big body, good hands...secretly hoping he falls to late in 2nd round so my team can snatch him...imo, he's better than treadwell last year.
I think Treadwell was very overhyped. You been watching any of this game? Davis has not disappointed.

switching with savage kingdom on nat geo...kids love watching lions do work...might be too violent, though.

anyway, yes...that was a great hit earlier, wow.

thought treadwell was just unpolished...now he's with an offense that doesn't allow receivers to make plays, they dink & dunk...he could be out of the league in a snap.

switching with savage kingdom on nat geo...kids love watching lions do work...might be too violent, though.

anyway, yes...that was a great hit earlier, wow.
If you're referring to the Ohio kid's hit, I agree. It's a joke that they reviewed it to see if it was targeting. That was a textbook way to hit in today's modern pussified game. Lead with his shoulder into the guy's sternum.

bet he said it four times last week vs state
In general, if I wasn't a Carolina fan, Mack Brown would annoy the piss out of me as a commentator. Not sure how he got that job. Of course, hearing these two jokers on the Pac-12 CG (Brady Quinn and whoever the young play-by-play guy is) isn't any better.

i just know there is a formula...and carolina has great players...it's not hard, larry.

anyway, nice pick at the end.

i just know there is a formula...and carolina has great players...it's not hard, larry.

anyway, nice pick at the end.
All I care about it is they didn't cover my teased spread so Fleck can GFH. As for his coaching stock, not sure how his recruiting would translate to a Southern school. He's never been outside the Midwest.

With that in mind, not sure why the heck Indiana would rush to hire their DC on a permanent basis...? With Miles and Fleck out there, you gotta at least kick the tires on those two dudes.

Yikes at the snowflake who won the Dr. Pepper tuition contest at halftime of the Pac-12 Championship Game. And with that, I should probably quit poasting for the night.

bama, good lord...never seen dominance like this.

and we all love hood, but scarborough is a different animal...his speed and lateral quickness is remarkable.

bama, good lord...never seen dominance like this.

and we all love hood, but scarborough is a different animal...his speed and lateral quickness is remarkable.
It's almost unfair.

The only way they can lose is if they throw the game on purpose, basically. There's no weakness to exploit.

It's almost unfair.

The only way they can lose is if they throw the game on purpose, basically. There's no weakness to exploit.

and i can appreciate that as i watch...74 was accepting blows from others while walking down 93 on florida...that's an innate quality that i wish carolina had.

and i can appreciate that as i watch...74 was accepting blows from others while walking down 93 on florida...that's an innate quality that i wish carolina had.
Use names lol. It doesn't make you look cool. 74 is OL Cam Robinson -- coming to an NFL roster near you.

And yes, Hood doesn't hold a candle to backs like Guice and Scarbrough.

Soooo....anybody going to the Sun Bowl? Flights from Charlotte start around $600 or 60,000 airline miles so that's probably a no-go for me.

Should be interesting to see whether our defense can stop McCaffrey. Stanford's passing attack is anemic so we're going to get another (ugh) test of our rush defense.

....anybody going to the Sun Bowl?
mj-laughing.gif

Soooo....anybody going to the Sun Bowl? Flights from Charlotte start around $600 or 60,000 airline miles so that's probably a no-go for me.

Should be interesting to see whether our defense can stop McCaffrey. Stanford's passing attack is anemic so we're going to get another (ugh) test of our rush defense.
We usually go to UNC's bowl games, but it doesn't look like we will this year. I could have convinced the wife to go just about anywhere around New Years for a bowl game, except El Paso or Detroit.

We usually go to UNC's bowl games, but it doesn't look like we will this year. I could have convinced the wife to go just about anywhere around New Years for a bowl game, except El Paso or Detroit.
Time and money are always the issues.

UNC lucked out a bit not getting sent to the Pinstripe Bowl, which is played on a Wednesday afternoon. Mid-week bowl games are tough.

The Sun Bowl is cool because it bumps up against the weekend, but El Paso is a pain in the arse for travel. It's expensive to get there and there aren't any reasonable alternatives for flights. DFW is 8 hours away and Albuquerque is 4 hours away (and just as expensive).

Time and money are always the issues.

UNC lucked out a bit not getting sent to the Pinstripe Bowl, which is played on a Wednesday afternoon. Mid-week bowl games are tough.

The Sun Bowl is cool because it bumps up against the weekend, but El Paso is a pain in the arse for travel. It's expensive to get there and there aren't any reasonable alternatives for flights. DFW is 8 hours away and Albuquerque is 4 hours away (and just as expensive).

Crowd should be electric. Dozens of fans. Mcaffrey will be back on heisman watch

He comes from the same place as Dexter Lawrence (Wake Forest High). I graduated from WF when it was Wake Forest-Rolesville. We were never really that great at football back then or much before. They have quite the program now.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
He comes from the same place as Dexter Lawrence (Wake Forest High). I graduated from WF when it was Wake Forest-Rolesville. We were never really that great at football back then or much before. They have quite the program now.
Another reason this was such an important recruitment. UNC has lost out on a lot of good prospects from WF in the last few years. Sounds like there were some bridges that needed mending, so I hope this is a sign that's happening.

Reactions: UNC '92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT