ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Heisman is going to Bryce Young from Alabama and it won't even be close.

He put up by far the best year ever by any Alabama QB, and there are some legit QBs who have played there before. Possibly the best ever by a QB in the SEC as well.

I think he's every bit as good as (better than) Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones - anyone else who's come out recently. I wouldn't be surprised if he has Mahomes-like results in the NFL...but Bryce is only a soph, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays at least one more year in college.
I just think that was a shitty move. I mean, it's possible that he had a momentary lapse and decided that he wanted to keep going. I'm sure that would be his explanation.

Reactions: Heelicious
11:30 am kickoff time... lol

images

Sam is going to be missed. And, he actually uses the word "selfish" when referring to people who "opt-out" of bowl games. It's cued-up, but listen for a few minutes.

Reactions: bluetoe and Archer2
rattler is transferring to scarolina which is not really surprising…beamer is here and there’s no competition at the position.

Sam is going to be missed. And, he actually uses the word "selfish" when referring to people who "opt-out" of bowl games. It's cued-up, but listen for a few minutes.

I agree with and admire his outlook on playing this last game...just as I agreed with those guys last year who opted out, in that I agree with all of them that it's their lives and therefor their own life decisions. When I find that it's appropriate for others to question my life decisions, I'll maybe believe it's OK to question theirs....but probably not even then.

Scar is in my top 10 of teams I want to see lose. Their fan base is ncstate’s on crack

Top 10 “love to see you lose” fb edition

$tate
Clemson
Scar
Uva
Va texh
Ohio st
Bama
Dook
FSU
Tenn

Hon mention
Ecu
Wake
Mich
Uga

Is it OK to feel dook isn't as worthy in football outlooks for hatred?
State
Hokies
Clemson
Bama
Florida State
Lsu
Dook

Basically the ones who could lose each game And I would be fine

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Is it OK to feel dook isn't as worthy in football outlooks for hatred?
State
Hokies
Clemson
Bama
Florida State
Lsu
Dook

Basically the ones who could lose each game And I would be fine
I'm the same with dook football as I am with State anything....not much hate, but very much disdain. But my BB list would be:

dook
"
"
"
"
"
"

Reactions: Grayhead
mine;

Clemson
ND
Bama
Clemson again
VT
tOSU
SCar
FSU
Clemson
Moo
and oh yeah, Clemson

I hear ya on Clemson. I lived in upstate sc for 15 yrs. I think if you ask their fanbase who they dislike most unc is right behind scar and uga. Their local
Sports talk radio was unc hate 24/7. They were convinced the acc was in a conspiracy with unc (swofford), announcers, refs, ncaa, against Clemson. Mainly due to their probation under Danny ford. Totally unhinged

I hear ya on Clemson. I lived in upstate sc for 15 yrs. I think if you ask their fanbase who they dislike most unc is right behind scar and uga. Their local
Sports talk radio was unc hate 24/7. They were convinced the acc was in a conspiracy with unc (swofford), announcers, refs, ncaa, against Clemson. Mainly due to their probation under Danny ford. Totally unhinged
I can't really hate on Clemson football and UVA in basketball. I guess it's because their coaches are so likeable to me. I've also never had to deal with many of their fans, so that probably makes a differeence as well.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
They were convinced the acc was in a conspiracy with unc (swofford), announcers, refs, ncaa, against Clemson. Mainly due to their probation under Danny ford. Totally unhinged
yeah, they seemed to misremember the details of that vote on the extension of that probation.

I can't really hate on Clemson football and UVA in basketball. I guess it's because their coaches are so likeable to me. I've also never had to deal with many of their fans, so that probably makes a differeence as well.
So what happens when dook hires a likeable coach?

this is largely why I dislike them so much. They got away with murder back then yet they piss and moan like they were robbed, when they barely got a taste of what they deserved.

Yeah, I've been a season ticket holder for almost 40 years. Dang, that's a long time (and I'm really old). I've seen a lot of great games and had a bunch of disappointments too. Just gotta love those football Saturdays in Chapel Hill. Btw, no way Lawrence Taylor was only the 7th best player in Carolina history.
Whoever put LT at number 7, never saw him play.

LOL. Isn't that one of those things they call an oxymoron?
in general yes, but the exception proves the rule. dook football had Carl Franks as HC for a few years and he seemed to be a genuinely fine human being and highly likeable person. Hell, he was even driving past Falls Lake one time, and pulled over and jumped in and saved somebody from drowning. Try hating somebody like that.

Another reason for liking him was that he commanded a 22 game losing streak for them.

So, in that instance, I guess you hope that he wins against everyone besides us just enough to stay employed, which doesn't really take much with their fb team. Heck, I really wouldn't be that upset at all if they went on a ten game winning streak against state.

Reactions: bluetoe
We were an entirely different offense/team after Mack got hurt that year and it was often overlooked. Always amazes me how even non qb injuries can have such impacts on a squad.

Good thing we didn't have a bowl challenge pick-em. The games are being scrapped everywhere. I'm skeptical that the Mayo Bowl even happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT