ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

half agree. Completely on board with the first part but not the second part. I would call those all whites respectable and that's about it.

Nothing says “knock your teeth out” like a plain, all white uniform absent a name on the back or logo on the front that is caked in mud. PSU’s unis are classic. No flash. No glitz. Just pure football.

Honorable mention:

Bama (love the numbers on helmets)
Notre Dame
Texas (all whites)
Carolina (stormtroopers)
Nebraska
Michigan

Nothing says “knock your teeth out” like a plain, all white uniform absent a name on the back or logo on the front that is caked in mud. PSU’s unis are classic. No flash. No glitz. Just pure football.

Honorable mention:

Notre Dame
Texas (all whites)
Carolina (stormtroopers)
Nebraska
Michigan
I can't argue with that, as far as it goes. I have made a similar argument, sort of, about our uni's when someone wants to diss on the soft 'baby blue' color. Wait until that soft color smashes you in the face and then tell me what you think. But....those were better days.

Honorable mention:

Notre Dame
Texas (all whites)
Carolina (stormtroopers)
Nebraska
Michigan
Nothing says "knock your teeth out" like judging fashion.

Nothing is funnier than when a couple of girlie men try acting all badass in a football thread. You two would make great blocking dummies.
the only thing funnier I can think of is somebody choosing a football thread to put his insecurities on display. They must have loved having you in the locker room.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
i do that s all the time…didn’t we have a uniform thread?

i haven’t liked a carolina uniform since keldorf, bly, & peppers.
uniform talk does remind me of this:

If we can force ND to put the ball in the air we've got a good shot.

Never thought I'd be saying that with the secondary on this team, but their backup QB is turrible.

If we can force ND to put the ball in the air we've got a good shot.

Never thought I'd be saying that with the secondary on this team, but their backup QB is turrible.
The ND game is looking even more interesting. If Cal beats them, then the pressure on UNC to win is unique because ND has no wins... but, they are Notre Dame. I will admit that the ND QB looks bad!

If UNC loses next week, and god forbid loses badly, it will diminish all the previous wins. If UNC wins, they beat a ND team that is not the typical/perennial ND team. It's not really a great situation, regardless of the outcome. Although, a win is a win!

I don't think UNC wins, however. I think the 3 w's so far are just fool's gold. I don't think UNC is even an average overall team. Hopefully, the offense and Maye can continue to dazzle even though the defense will be the culprit for losses.

ETA:

After having watched only the 4th qtr, ND looks absolutely capable of beating UNC's defense into the ground!

Last edited:
The ND game is looking even more interesting. If Cal beats them, then the pressure on UNC to win is unique because ND has no wins... but, they are Notre Dame. I will admit that the ND QB looks bad!

If UNC loses next week, and god forbid loses badly, it will diminish all the previous wins. If UNC wins, they beat a ND team that is not the typical/perennial ND team. It's not really a great situation, regardless of the outcome. Although, a win is a win!

I don't think UNC wins, however. I think the 3 w's so far are just fool's gold. I don't think UNC is even an average overall team. Hopefully, the offense and Maye can continue to dazzle even though the defense will be the culprit for losses.

ETA:

After having watched only the 4th qtr, ND looks absolutely capable of beating UNC's defense into the ground!

I don't know how good Cal's offensive line is supposed to be, but ND has been pushing them around and getting a lot of pressure on the QB. They may knock our guys five yards into the backfield on every play. Running the ball could be tough, and that's our best shot at keeping the defense off the field.

I think the best shot we have is getting out to a fast start on offense then winning the TOP battle and keeping our offense on the field for the biggest chunks of time we possibly can.

I don't know how good Cal's offensive line is supposed to be, but ND has been pushing them around and getting a lot of pressure on the QB. They may knock our guys five yards into the backfield on every play. Running the ball could be tough, and that's our best shot at keeping the defense off the field.

I think the best shot we have is getting out to a fast start on offense then winning the TOP battle and keeping our offense on the field for the biggest chunks of time we possibly can.
The Irish defense looked pretty damned good to me, especially in the 4th qtr.

ESPN FPI now giving us a 46.5% chance against Notre Dame. I’m interested to see if we are favored at home

ETA: just saw it’s ND -1.5. Should be a good game.

ESPN FPI now giving us a 46.5% chance against Notre Dame. I’m interested to see if we are favored at home

Even though ND isn't good right now, I still have no confidence in this team. Still going to be there, though.

does that translate to almost half a chance?

Even though ND isn't good right now, I still have no confidence in this team. Still going to be there, though.

You’ll have to let us know how the atmosphere is in person. I’m hoping the fans actually create a home field advantage

Right, gonna have to get a big enough lead (via TO or luck or Maye being amazing) that they're forced to pass. If they can make it a running & clock-control game then we're toast.

Right, gonna have to get a big enough lead (via TO or luck or Maye being amazing) that they're forced to pass. If they can make it a running & clock-control game then we're toast.
Not sure I want to force anyone to pass against us.

Mack made an interesting point during his press conference. Last year we were terrible in the red zone against them (1 for 4) and went into the fourth quarter only down 4. I think the red zone battle will determine the game. They will move the ball but if the defense forces FG's instead of giving up TD's then we have a good shot.

I hope no one forgets our proclivity for making second-stringers and other less bally-hoo'd players look like miracle workers. If that doesn't show up, I'll honestly be surprised.

Awesome Tommy Boy GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT