ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Ron Cherry flag -

Giving it to Ted Roof in the parking lot.

Anyone remember that call?

not carolina related, but florida has a d-tackle that plays and he’s “listed” at 415lbs.

i think at least 450lbs, the dude is enormous.

these state fans thinking morris is the next big thing are as delusional as ever…state sucks, carolina should hammer them.

these state fans thinking morris is the next big thing are as delusional as ever…state sucks, carolina should hammer them.
I think somebody is forgetting whose superbowl our game with them is going to be. Don't take them for granted.

This team will be the death of me.
I gotta say that tonight I actually watched this game and just enjoyed the flow of the game, at least through the third quarter or so. I got a little overly pessimistic and thought it was over... And then Hartman through that interception. And fvck Sam Hartman.

Reactions: tarheel0910
We should be due for at least ONE game where the Tar Heels just beat the absolute dogshit out of a team. We deserve a blowout, I think.

It's really hard to believe that we enjoyed 3 years of Sam Howell... and, now we have a QB that might be in NYC next month.

Reactions: tarheel0910
If we beat Clemson in the ACCCG then it's the Orange Bowl against the top non-playoff SEC team right?

I'm not sure a matchup with Bama is how I want this run to end... lol

If we beat Clemson in the ACCCG then it's the Orange Bowl against the top non-playoff SEC team right?

I'm sure the committee will find some way to justify Alabama as the #4 seed.

Whatever it takes for us to play LSU instead of them...
Playing Alabama could be better for recruiting if we could manage to keep it close. That might sound impossible, but half their team would probably opt out so we might be able to keep it somewhat respectable.

Playing Alabama could be better for recruiting if we could manage to keep it close. That might sound impossible, but half their team would probably opt out so we might be able to keep it somewhat respectable.

That’s a good point. I’m not sure we could keep it close but it would be awesome if we hung with them

Interesting final chapter... to this season... with Drake Maye as our QB

I hope Antoine is okay.

Still have two games that are very important. If the kids win-out, and beat Clemson... they earn a seat at the table of CFP discussion. That's incentive to keep winning.

That’s a good point. I’m not sure we could keep it close but it would be awesome if we hung with them
Yeah, if we could keep it within something like 10 points Mack could have a great recruiting pitch. He could just tell recruits that we were able to hang with the big boys and we just need a couple more players to put us over the top. Come here and be a legend and remembered forever or go to Alabama/ND/etc and just be another guy who played there. Legend or forgotten about. That's your choice.

Of course, we've got three more games to worry about before that is even a possibility, but it's fun to imagine.

I hope Antoine is okay.

Still have two games that are very important. If the kids win-out, and beat Clemson... they earn a seat at the table of CFP discussion. That's incentive to keep winning.
I think any remote chance of us being considered for the CFP disappeared when Clemson lost.

Also, just as a reminder, moo lost to one of the worst teams in the conference on their senior day. Yesterday was a good day for UNC football.

Reactions: grillheel
I think any remote chance of us being considered for the CFP disappeared when Clemson lost.
I'm not sure if it's a remote chance. If the Heels win the next 3 games, and have one loss... and, some of the other teams have one loss... then, the Heels at least have the right to say "What about us? We're ACC Champs and only have one loss and they're in the AP 25."

There are crazy lop-sided losses all over the NCAA

ETA: If UNC has no remote chance, then that also speaks to why Drake will not get to NYC. UNC is the lowest-ranked 1-loss team in the country. If they win all three games, he should absolutely be there, and win it.

I'm not sure if it's a remote chance. If the Heels win the next 3 games, and have one loss... and, some of the other teams have one loss... then, the Heels at least have the right to say "What about us? We're ACC Champs and only have one loss and they're in the AP 25."

There are crazy lop-sided losses all over the NCAA
Being the ACC champion is a massive achievement for us and I'll love it more than a potential national championship in basketball this year, but we would be the tallest midget among P5 champs. A one loss runner-up in the other conferences would get the four seed, because they would have the better overall resume. A one loss OSU/UM or "insert SEC team" gets that spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT