ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Oh, believe me... I'm totally, completely furious. Are YOU "the one who posted about the New Zealand shooting?" Was that you? Thank goodness.

There are some fukked-up, unhinged, wacked-out Muslims who are just itching to destroy some people because of their religious beliefs. And, occasionally, they succeed. It's tragic. It's a shame that their mythology... I mean, that they allow their mythology... to guide them to hate other people to the point of killing total strangers based on a value judgment from a standard that is so subjective, not to mention misunderstood, and often dangerous. Maybe when American military operations drops bombs and kills innocent people, and then occupies nations without their consent, it has unintended consequences... like... revenge. And, maybe all Americans are seen as killers by the survivors because of those actions. It's possible that some of them don't believe that all Americans are potential murderers. I sure hope so! However... tit for tat. I'm not calling one or the other Right or Wrong. I'm just explaining how it might be playing itself out.

No doubt the US makes the situation worse. I won't even argue that point.

You're avoiding my question. I asked you to point me to the article that you said you read on that page, not some article that you linked in the past. There are people who have said a lot of things. You're ignoring the majority opinion of scientist and only listening to people that made claims that most scientist actually disagreed with.

I linked to a bunch of the actual quotes. I'm not sure what more I could do.

Really? I want some elaboration for that. All three or just one?

I realize we're not all scientists. So, a certain amount is above my pay grade. However, when I go to a doctor, I'm putting my faith in his abilities based on scientific instruction and practice. I guess the same holds true for a shaman who shakes some John The Conqueror Root over their bleeding wound... but, only in that the person on the receiving end has less experience with it working.

Now, elaborate on how believing climate science has all the characteristics of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

I've done this multiple times on this board. I've even done it in the last couple of pages in this thread.

Stand strong @NoleSoup4U ! Keep it up. Like @Hark_The_Sound_2010 ’s infatuation with Trump killing liberals, I have the same sort of adoration for you ruffling the feathers of my OOTB brethren.

iu

I linked to a bunch of the actual quotes. I'm not sure what more I could do.
No you didn't. You didn't link or quote anything from that site. All I'm asking is for you to link the article that you claim to have read from that site. It's a pretty easy task.

What the hell are you talking about? Nowhere in the article did it mention anything about him being an Islamist...

And yeah, I don’t have a problem with all
Muslims because I’m not a far right POS. I have a problem with the dogmatic ideas of Islam and the specific people who carry out violence/oppression in the name of their religion. If you had even a half functioning brain you’d know that the vast majority of victims of Islamist violence are in fact... Muslims. So yeah I support the women, gay folks, and free thinkers who are victimized by Islam, that also happen to be Muslims.

I have no issue with peaceful Muslims. I've actually been to a Mosque for a Muslim service. That being said, the current track record of the religion is enough to not want them to flood into my country.

I read that article on the site. The quotes about the caps being gone by 2019 was from one of the links I posted.
We aren't talking about the 2019 thing. You said you read an article on that page saying they were wrong. Link that article you were talking about. It's an extremely simple thing to do. You supposably read it just a few hours ago.

We aren't talking about the 2019 thing. You said you read an article on that page saying they were wrong. Link that article you were talking about. It's an extremely simple thing to do. You supposably read it just a few hours ago.

I read it last night, and my point was the insane deflection of that article. It was essentially a cover-up for the ill-advised predictions that were made a decade ago.

I read it last night, and my point was the insane deflection of that article. It was essentially a cover-up for the ill-advised predictions that were made a decade ago.
What article? I haven't seen anything like that on the site. My point is the article doesn't exist and if it did you almost certainly didn't understand what it was saying. All you have to do is link the article to prove that you are telling the truth.

When I go to the dentist I do keep in the back of my mind that he’s financially incentivized to tell me his scientific instruction shows him that I have a cavity that needs a filling.
Which, if you ignore, your tooth rots out and causes you more problems, and in some case, VERY serious problems.

I've done this multiple times on this board. I've even done it in the last couple of pages in this thread.
You described, in detail, how believing in climate science has the same characteristics as Abrahamic religions? You made specific reference to the three religions?

I've gotta see this.

I find it hilarious that people will talk about financial incentives for climatologists, while ignoring the fact that pretty much every prominent “skeptic” has been paid off by the oil industry or some industrial capitalist.

The truth is, the people that fall for that stuff just aren’t very smart. That’s why they’re still using the same tactics they used to defend the tobacco industry, when there’s even a well known documentary that made all of this public. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

The truth is, the people that fall for that stuff just aren’t very smart. That’s why they’re still using the same tactics they used to defend the tobacco industry, when there’s even a well known documentary that made all of this public. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.
It also brought us the extremely underrated movie "Thank You For Smoking."

I find it hilarious that people will talk about financial incentives for climatologists, while ignoring the fact that pretty much every prominent “skeptic” has been paid off by the oil industry or some industrial capitalist.

I don't doubt that a lot of skeptics are being paid as well. It's amazing how vehemently you defend your religion. Will you try to kill me if I post a cartoon picture of Al Gore?

I don't doubt that a lot of skeptics are being paid as well. It's amazing how vehemently you defend your religion. Will you try to kill me if I post a cartoon picture of Al Gore?

I’m going to be honest here. I really hope you are trolling, because if you’re being serious then you are completely retarded.

Either you don't understand my point or you believe your religion to be infallible. Either way there really isn't any point discussing this with you.

I understand your point. That’s why I think you’re retarded. You’ve been referred to the science and you continue to make shit up, and throw out absurdly stupid arguments to protect the fact condom that you’re living inside of. That actually does sound like religion.

Elizabeth Warren wants the electoral college eliminated because it is bad for America and she.....

nah.

She wants that shit gone because she (or any Dem in 2020) have no shot with it. If Trump said something like this CNN would destroy him.

Eh. The electoral college doesn’t really make sense anymore. My vote in South Carolina is utterly meaningless, while the vote of someone in a state like South Dakota or Wyoming is worth like 20 times as much.

I’m not defending the motives of Elizabeth warren. You may be right about why SHE wants it abolished. But it should be abolished regardless of what she thinks.

Reactions: HEELS1984
Eh. The electoral college doesn’t really make sense anymore. My vote in South Carolina is utterly meaningless, while the vote of someone in a state like South Dakota or Wyoming is worth like 20 times as much.

I’m not defending the motives of Elizabeth warren. You may be right about why SHE wants it abolished. But it should be abolished regardless of what she thinks.
If the electors (delegates) in the Electoral College would actually fulfill their original intent, it would be different. But, it's like a token gesture at best, and that token gesture has huge ramifications. How often has a state's electoral votes been cast differently from the state's popular vote? It's rare, if ever, that it happens. The EC elect the president, but they simply mimic the popular vote. That wasn't the original intent for having the EC.

Yeah I don't see the point of it anymore (it was originally put in place to stop someone who isn't qualified from becoming President oops).

My issue with Warren saying it is that it is 110% self serving.

I understand your point. That’s why I think you’re retarded. You’ve been referred to the science and you continue to make shit up, and throw out absurdly stupid arguments to protect the fact condom that you’re living inside of. That actually does sound like religion.

Yup, I made up all those quotes, researched them, and put them on a website. You got me.

So much for the trying to improve the tone of your poasts...maybe it's time for another vacation.

Maybe you should stick to one account instead of acting like an immature clown and trying to threaten other posters.

Yeah I don't see the point of it anymore (it was originally put in place to stop someone who isn't qualified from becoming President oops).

My issue with Warren saying it is that it is 110% self serving.

I’m not a fan of warren and I don’t see any reason to disagree there. Her allying herself with Clinton in 2016 was clearly a self serving move in hopes of getting the VP spot.

Seriously?
Well, assuming that's what they do with the ballots. If they count them, and people are casting ballots to be counted... then, yes, it's who gets the most votes/ballots. It's a contest to see who gets the most of them.

Well, assuming that's what they do with the ballots. If they count them, and people are casting ballots to be counted... then, yes, it's who gets the most votes/ballots. It's a contest to see who gets the most of them.

You know what I'm talking about. People in Texas and California counting illegal votes in order to win the popular vote. The way it is now, California can stuff the ballot box as much as they want, and it only nets them a set amount of electoral votes. The EC curbs voter fraud.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

Maybe you should move to NY or Cali, it will count there.

You know what I'm talking about. People in Texas and California counting illegal votes in order to win the popular vote. The way it is now, California can stuff the ballot box as much as they want, and it only nets them a set amount of electoral votes. The EC curbs voter fraud.
No, it doesn't. Not really, no, it doesn't. The EC never votes differently from the state's popular vote, so... no, it doesn't. Anytime I have ever watched returns on election night for the president, the newscast always says "We can now call the state of Virginia and its 13 Electoral votes for ______." The EC won't even convene for another 4-5 weeks. And, I don't think the EC has ever voted (and certainly not in the last 50+ years) a different outcome to the popular vote. So, it's a token institution.

You can claim that it is supposed to do this or that. I would agree that it is supposed to. But... it doesn't. The earliest presidential elections didn't even have popular votes cast! If the EC operated like that? Then, yeah, they'd have a purpose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT