ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Well, it's only a bad comparison if you are looking to compare strict event categories but that misses his point.

Ever since J6, we have repeatedly had it pounded into our heads that Trump was responsible and it's on his shoulders - even had a specially produced and edited miniseries on national tv that it was all his fault. The problem is that (excuse the pun) the smoking gun has never been produced.

When it comes down to it, Trump acted poorly and slowly in regard to J6, but it was all interestingly interpreted words and rhetoric in terms of actual evidence against him. There has never been anything to show that he coordinated, created or otherwise with regard to J6 as has been claimed ad nauseum. Heck, it's now even pretty unchallengeable that he would have authorized the 10K in National Guard if the DC mayor and/or others had wanted them. Did he do enough or act quickly to stop it? No. Did he do things that inflamed the conditions for it to happen? Absolutely. But, he didn't secretly coordinate a riot, infiltration of, and attack on our Capital. His reaction to the election and constant claims of it being stolen created much of the conditions for it to happen, but that's far, far different from what he has been accused of and what many, even here, claim he did.

The J13 incident is not really that different in those terms. The constant rhetoric and blatant lies about Trump and what he will do, much of which has come straight from Joe, the campaigns of both Hilary and Joe, the DNC messaging, the coordination with social media, and the puppeting of the msm, literally since 2016, has created such an environment. That's @Hark_The_Sound_2010 point as to how they are so similar. Joe, like the Don, has no fingerprints on this incident, but his claims and messaging that resulted in it certainly bears some responsibility.

Even in this thread in recent posting about this incident, @blazers did this type of thing. He claims that Trump said if he wasn't elected that it was going to be a "bloodbath". While it's not technically a lie as Trump did use that word, it's lifted and used out of context (a particular specialty of blaze). Trump was clearly speaking about the economy and what was going to happen, not the literal sense that the word would suggest in light of J6 or J13. It's no different than the boneheads who want to blame Joe for saying they needed to put a "bullseye" on Trump. He clearly didn't mean what happened Saturday, but if it's appropriate for Trump, you've got to assign blame to Biden as well.
You're going to have to give me a summary because I'm not reading that. But, you're going to have a hard time convincing me unless you're strictly trying to talk about what the media is saying. If that's the only comparison that's being made, then I can't opine because I haven't checked out what is being said as far as opinion pieces.

The amount of boomer insanity here is next level.

Everyone forgetting the “second amendment people” to “take care of” Clinton.

Hell NC GOP governor just last week goes on a ****ing pulpit saying people need killing. Is that taken out of context too? Where were the calls on the right to tone that shit down? ****ing crickets

Then a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN that seems to be really interested in Epstein shoots the man and its the lefts fault.

But the last 10 years of violent rhetoric doesnt count right?

And y’all outright giving Trump a pass on J6 is the most bootlicking shit I’ve ever seen. Party of “**** around and find out” sure turns into pussies when they find out for half a second.

Trump posts about suspending the Constitution on Truth social but its the left calling him a tyrant that sends people over right?

Direct quote:

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Tell me, its the Dems rightly calling out this fascist behavior thats the problem right?

Trump retruths/tweets about killing democrats but its no big deal right?

Y’all acting like this ultra violent rhetoric from the right is new. Remember the Gabby Gifford gunsight image before she was shot?

This is like in high school when the kid that gets bullied is blamed for the bully getting his ass beat by a third party and the bully blames the victim for recounting the terrible shit he did.

Its all preaching nuance when that shit has been thrown out the window by newsmax/fox/christian nationalist organizations for decades.

Not every republican is a ****ing nazi but every nazi votes republican

Last edited:
You're going to have to give me a summary because I'm not reading that. But, you're going to have a hard time convincing me unless you're strictly trying to talk about what the media is saying. If that's the only comparison that's being made, then I can't opine because I haven't checked out what is being said as far as opinion pieces.
Dont read it. Its such blatant bullshit.

Most of this board needs to go watch the old school US army movie about falling into strongman bullshit

Last edited:
Reactions: Heels Noir
All I did was read this, so you may have addressed what I'm about to say in the rest of your short story. I'm not saying he has to compromise anything. You try to present your argument in a way that will make people either want to be on your side or feel like they can be ok with you even though they might disagree. Kinda like the Regan "big tent" approach. If Trump comes out guns blazing (no pun intended) then he'll lose any sympathy he has and make it a tight race again.
I wasn't talking about 'he', I was talking about the general notion of 'uniting' the country and how I feel about it. Just look at the part you did read and quote and maybe read it again.. If what I said applies to him, so be it...but it wasn't directed at him or anyone in particular. And if my attitude means the country splits in two, so be that as well.

I said nothing to indicate that I want to persuade anyone to be on any side. I'm simply saying that compromising my principles and ideals and what I believe our country needs is just plain no bueno, and that therefor doing so to 'unite' the country is nonsensical. I don't know why anyone would want such compromise. If someone feels just as strongly about their principles I respect that no matter what they are, but I don't believe the left operates on principle as much as self-interest, expediency, and instant gratification.

My last line was about Trump. You can read that if you are interested.

I wasn't talking about 'he', I was talking about the general notion of 'uniting' the country and how I feel about it. Just look at the part you did read and quote and maybe read it again.. If what I said applies to him, so be it...but it wasn't directed at him or anyone in particular. And if my attitude means the country splits in two, so be that as well.

I said nothing to indicate that I want to persuade anyone to be on any side. I'm simply saying that compromising my principles and ideals and what I believe our country needs is just plain no bueno, and that therefor doing so to 'unite' the country is nonsensical. I don't know why anyone would want such compromise. If someone feels just as strongly about their principles I respect that no matter what they are, but I don't believe the left operates on principle as much as self-interest, expediency, and instant gratification.

My last line was about Trump. You can read that if you are interested.
You can keep your principles and not compromise and still unite the country. Uniting the country doesn't mean unity in ideology.

who’s the ootb favs for the vp pick today?

i’m seeing everyone from ben carson to vivkek to tulsi.
I think his pick changed after the shooting and doubt it will be any of those, although I wouldn't have guessed those to begin with.

He couldn’t kill the shooter in a traffic accident, or make him ill, or make the gun jam…instead he redirects the bullet by a couple inches….right into the head of a father of two young kids. What a fuking jack ass.
how would those other scenarios help get his first choice elected? You know, Trump...otherwise known as God's gift to us all. Dare I say savior? No I don't dare that far.

Hell NC GOP governor just last week goes on a ****ing pulpit saying people need killing. Is that taken out of context too? Where were the calls on the right to tone that shit down? ****ing crickets

Then a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN that seems to be really interested in Epstein shoots the man and its the lefts fault.

And y’all outright giving Trump a pass on J6 is the most bootlicking shit I’ve ever seen. Party of “**** around and find out” sure turns into pussies when they find out for half a second.

Trump posts about suspending the Constitution on Truth social but its the left calling him a tyrant that sends people over right?

Direct quote:

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Tell me, its the Dems rightly calling out this fascist behavior thats the problem right?

Y’all acting like this ultra violent rhetoric from the right is new. Remember the Gabby Gifford gunsight image before she was shot?

This is like in high school when the kid that gets bullied is blamed for the bully getting his ass beat by a third party and the bully blames the victim for recounting the terrible shit he did.

Its all preaching nuance when that shit has been thrown out the window by newsmax/fox/christian nationalist organizations for decades.

tenor.gif

This poast is gold. The coping and seething displayed is giving me the warm and fuzzies. It also is the beginning of this particular idiot's coming to grips with Trump winning in November. Hopefully on Trump's revenge tour, he reads this message board and then comes to lock this dumb ass up in the gulag.

are you thinking now it's gonna be some great big wide guy? Christie maybe?
No, he hates Trump too much. I'm honestly not sure, but those three mentioned don't make sense to me. @nctransplant's guesses could be a possibility, but as a squad member with TDS I'm not allowed to tell him that. You'll have to tell him for me so I won't get in trouble.

Direct quote:

200w.gif

So Trump is reaping what he's been sewing. One poorly aiming 20 yr old registered repub democrat supporter with an AR-15 among poor secret service doesn't change any of the negatives about Trump.
FIFY. You can't help yourself can you?

The J13 incident is not really that different in those terms. The constant rhetoric and blatant lies about Trump and what he will do, much of which has come straight from Joe, the campaigns of both Hilary and Joe, the DNC messaging, the coordination with social media, and the puppeting of the msm, literally since 2016, has created such an environment. That's @Hark_The_Sound_2010 point as to how they are so similar. Joe, like the Don, has no fingerprints on this incident, but his claims and messaging that resulted in it certainly bears some responsibility.

Even in this thread in recent posting about this incident, @blazers did this type of thing. He claims that Trump said if he wasn't elected that it was going to be a "bloodbath". While it's not technically a lie as Trump did use that word, it's lifted and used out of context (a particular specialty of blaze)**. Trump was clearly speaking about the economy and what was going to happen, not the literal sense that the word would suggest in light of J6 or J13. It's no different than the boneheads who want to blame Joe for saying they needed to put a "bullseye" on Trump. He clearly didn't mean what happened Saturday, but if it's appropriate for Trump, you've got to assign blame to Biden as well.
all excellent.

As to the bolded, you have to define what a lie is. You can say that what you are referring to is technically not a lie, but for practical and reasonable purposes you know it's a lie. It's a lie because it purposely creates an untrue notion by dishonestly eliminating words that are essential to the overall meaning. It isn't just taking the words out of context, because sometimes doing that changes nothing and the original meaning is preserved. But I could take words out of context in a structured way from virtually any post here and imply the opposite of what the poster intended. If I did that, I would consider myself to be dishonest; and presenting words dishonestly is lying. Some people refuse to indulge in that practice and others have no qualms at all about it..

**see above

No, he hates Trump too much. I'm honestly not sure, but those three mentioned don't make sense to me. @nctransplant's guesses could be a possibility, but as a squad member with TDS I'm not allowed to tell him that. You'll have to tell him for me so I won't get in trouble.
you do know I was joking, don't you? You know, big wide shield sort of guy?

Direct quote:

lol damn, you've swallowed balls and all haven't you?

tenor.gif

This poast is gold. The coping and seething displayed is giving me the warm and fuzzies. It also is the beginning of this particular idiot's coming to grips with Trump winning in November. Hopefully on Trump's revenge tour, he reads this message board and then comes to lock this dumb ass up in the gulag.
Gulag?

I notice you don’t mention anything about him suspending the Constitution

Too slackjawed to get your authoritarian prison camps right? Trump is much more a concentration camp guy.

Too broke to pay for boards you live on.

Too dumb to realize Trump would piss on you for an extra dollar.

Reactions: Heels Noir
@tarheel0910, watch this. This has the flavor of what I was saying. I have come to love Megyn Kelly and her POV. I want to like Bill Maher when he posits common sense, but he ruins it with the sort of irrational, unfounded bias he exhibits here.

Gulag?

I notice you don’t mention anything about him suspending the Constitution

Too slackjawed to get your authoritarian prison camps right? Trump is much more a concentration camp guy.

Too broke to pay for boards you live on.

Too dumb to realize Trump would piss on you for an extra dollar.

laughing-at-you-happy.gif

The "who the **** is this guy" gif would have been better. Unless he's posted here before and I've completely forgotten him.

He's poasted here before but is indeed easily forgotten. Just another liberal spaz about to off himself in November. Not like our resident liberal spazzes that will unfortunately stick around even after Trump is back in the White House.

• Haha
Reactions: Grayhead
He's poasted here before but is indeed easily forgotten. Just another liberal spaz about to off himself in November. Not like our resident liberal spazzes that will unfortunately stick around even after Trump is back in the White House.
Gotcha. Judging by the length of his post, I probably just scrolled by thinking it was a @pooponduke post and didn't notice it was someone different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT