ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

lol i don’t get the bandage…didn’t he play golf two days ago without anything on it?…maybe it was ai, who knows.

i mean, more badass to walk out there like a prize fighter with nothing on it?…looks like sympathy lefty move.
COVID protection

That midsummer solo ear-muff will sell like hotcakes among the bibles (with Constitution and doi) and flags. If you wanna side gig, print that ear patch with an eagle and flag on it.

i mean, more badass to walk out there like a prize fighter with nothing on it?…looks like sympathy lefty move.
Damn straight. Evander made public appearances after Mike Tyson noshed half of his ear away and he didn't need no stinking bandages.

Reactions: gteeitup
It's a pretty big moment for you as well, guns. The most miserable man in western Virginia actually chuckling . . . imagine that.

shut-up-looney.gif

Reactions: Archer2
I wonder if the Supreme Court will throw him a lifeline? Not that he deserves it, but since SCOTUS is so bipartisan as some here have argued, shouldn't he get the same treatment as that other convicted felon?

I was talking about the Court granting Senator Menendez immunity since he was in office when he committed bribery, fraud, extortion, and obstruction of justice. You know, similar to Trump.
Menendez’ crimes were much more akin to what Biden and his family did than what Trump did. Much more.

Of course he didn’t deserve it. she said her husband would refuse to talk to him because he’s a Republican. A “devout” one nonetheless. That’s childish and idiotic. IMO That’s the sort of mind set of hate and rage and “I’m right and fuk you” all too prevalent in partisan sheep thinking that the shooter evidently felt and as a result her husband was killed.
different mindset from mine then. In my world, you can choose to talk to me or NOT talk to me, and my only evaluation of that is that you either chose to talk to me or you didn't. People don't have to justify to me the choices they make, as long as those choices don't negatively affect me in the process of abridging my rights. There's no hate and rage unless that happens. I don't feel any and I don't assume it on their part.

If I try to talk to you and you don't want to talk to me, rather than feeling outrage I celebrate the fact that our society allows such freedom of choice. I can not reasonably enjoy that freedom while denying you the same opportunity so I'm just glad for the freedom, and your motives are not a major consideration to me.

You trample on my rights and cause me a problem though, that's a different animal.

By that token, if Biden harangues the public that Trump or whoever is a threat to democracy...a threat to their rights...then he isn't just making a choice that I don't question, he is actively creating an atmosphere of defamation and danger to the object of his lies. He is possibly depriving me of the president I want to have in place. On the other hand, if I simply refuse to talk to him, who gives a shit. After all, unless he's trying to make political hay, he chooses to not give me the time of day either.

The problem you have correctly but inadvertently identified is one of getting your panties all wadded up over something that doesn't materially affect you.

I haven’t seen or heard one single media type or poster in here claim he was a right winger.
c'mon man. Pay attention. One notoriously biased poster made a point of supplying the registration as indicative of his politics, possibly before info to the contrary was known. Another notoriously biased poster then made a point of excluding information to the contrary, this time more disingenuously trying to insinuate right-wingedness.. I quoted and commented on the latter, and there was a touch of back and forth on it.

It fills me with hate and rage that you aren't hanging on my every word.

different mindset from mine then. In my world, you can choose to talk to me or NOT talk to me, and my only evaluation of that is that you either chose to talk to me or you didn't. People don't have to justify to me the choices they make, as long as those choices don't negatively affect me in the process of abridging my rights. There's no hate and rage unless that happens. I don't feel any and I don't assume it on their part.

If I try to talk to you and you don't want to talk to me, rather than feeling outrage I celebrate the fact that our society allows such freedom of choice. I can not reasonably enjoy that freedom while denying you the same opportunity so I'm just glad for the freedom, and your motives are not a major consideration to me.

You trample on my rights and cause me a problem though, that's a different animal.

By that token, if Biden harangues the public that Trump or whoever is a threat to democracy...a threat to their rights...then he isn't just making a choice that I don't question, he is actively creating an atmosphere of defamation and danger to the object of his lies. He is possibly depriving me of the president I want to have in place. On the other hand, if I simply refuse to talk to him, who gives a shit. After all, unless he's trying to make political hay, he chooses to not give me the time of day either.

The problem you have correctly but inadvertently identified is one of getting your panties all wadded up over something that doesn't materially affect you.
she said he wouldn’t want her to take the call because “he’s a devout republican”. That’s it. Words cannot describe how pitiful and idiotic I find that logic no matter the motivation. Yea we can applaud having the right to express that opinion. So long as we also applaud my right to call people that think that way fuking idiots. As for “materially affecting me” well imo political extremism is the number one threat to our nations security so yea I have strong feelings about it. Brain washed people that think this way feed into the violence. I am delighted to give them my derision.

Menendez’ crimes were much more akin to what Biden and his family did than what Trump did. Much more.
In his poor attempt at humor or in another example of completely missing the point, he fails to see the parallels and attempts to tie it to his affliction. One would have thought it would dawn on him when I asked that he point out a single alleged or claimed error at trial. Of course, he didn't because the allegations of multiple trial errors don't exist. They will surely appeal if there is any issue, but I don't like the chances. This wasn't a set of created charges specially set before a handpicked judge with an embedded prosecutor designed to harm him in his next senate run. Other than being politicians from the northeast, these cases aren't similar in any respect. He's just too sick with tds, dense or stubborn to see that. You get to pick.

c'mon man. Pay attention. One notoriously biased poster made a point of supplying the registration as indicative of his politics, possibly before info to the contrary was known. Another notoriously biased poster then made a point of excluding information to the contrary, this time more disingenuously trying to insinuate right-wingedness.. I quoted and commented on the latter, and there was a touch of back and forth on it.

It fills me with hate and rage that you aren't hanging on my every word.
Sorry I missed someone “insinuating” he’s a right winger. I’ll take your word for it. To me being a registered repub doesn’t make you a rw’er. I reserve that label for the far right nut jobs denying science, marching in camouflage, and so deluded that they’re incapable of reason or logic. Lw’ers as well such as antifa or BLM

Reactions: bluetoe
You remember that time during a debate our current Cackling VP called our current Prez a racist?
She actually said that she wasn't calling him a racist but then went on to talk about the racist things he did and the racists he worked with and was friends with. So, your point is perfectly valid.

I too had my questions about the pick of J.D. and his previous comments about Trump. The stuff I have seen was back in 2016 or whenever. Then, orange became our president and set policy for four years. At that point, I think Vance or anyone was entitled to change their minds as Trump had no previous track record whatsoever - certainly not five decades worth. The laughing hyena changed her mind on the career politician from the time of the primary debate until she got anointed a couple months later. Big difference. Heck, I think the better question is, for anyone who voted for poopy pants in 2020, after seeing his policies for the last four years, how could you vote for him again in 2024? And that doesn't even get to the issue of his current mental challenges.

she said he wouldn’t want her to take the call because “he’s a devout republican”. That’s it. Words cannot describe how pitiful and idiotic I find that logic no matter the motivation. Yea we can applaud having the right to express that opinion. So long as we also applaud my right to call people that think that way fuking idiots. As for “materially affecting me” well imo political extremism is the number one threat to our nations security so yea I have strong feelings about it. Brain washed people that think this way feed into the violence. I am delighted to give them my derision.

What if she had said, "I don't want to take the call because I think Joe Biden is a moron."? Would that have made it better? Is it simply her acknowledging her party affiliation or do you have a problem with her not taking the call? Is she obligated to take a call of condolences from the President?

What if she had said, "I don't want to take the call because I think Joe Biden is a moron."? Would that have made it better? Is it simply her acknowledging her party affiliation or do you have a problem with her not taking the call? Is she obligated to take a call of condolences from the President?
This is a hard one for me and I've got to give her a complete pass considering what she's going through. I have always said I don't get these idiots who protest by refusing to interact with the president or go to the WH just because you don't like that particular president. If Biden invited me, I'd be in DC in about two hours. Also, if I was in her shoes going through what she is feeling, even if I didn't want to hear from him, I very likely would have taken his call just to light him up for his share of responsibility in the situation.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Also, if I was in her shoes going through what she is feeling, even if I didn't want to hear from him, I very likely would have taken his call just to light him up for his share of responsibility in the situation.
Of course, she could hold Donald Trump partly responsible since he is the one most responsible for fanning the political flames in this country the past 10 years.

I saw an online poll yesterday that said something like 37% of Americans believe this incident falls squarely on Trump. That 37% is probably made up entirely of Democrats, but the fact that they are the intelligent ones lends credence to the poll.

P.S. - Regarding my posts above about Robert Menendez, I was simply joking, poop. I'm sorry you and Archie didn't pick up on the satire and instead got your panties in a bunch.

🤣
I find it funny that the self-proclaimed board authority on gifs & memes doesn't even know how to adjust the size of these image files. I guess you're showing your age.

Are you not embarrassed? Have you no shame? Your obsession with me was humorous to begin. Now it’s bordering on psychotic.

Are you not embarrassed? Have you no shame? Your obsession with me was humorous to begin. Now it’s bordering on psychotic.
Are you not embarrassed by the fact that you don't even know how to make these images larger or smaller within your posts, especially after claiming you are the authority on the matter? Just do us all a favor. The next time someone uses a gif that you don't necessarily appreciate, before you start criticizing their so-called ineptitude simply STFU, eh?

Authority, my ass.

Last edited:
Needed 2 poast to answer me. Thats on top of the dozens of your poasts just in the past few days where you’ve shown to be following me around the board. I mean, I get it. I’m the center of most people’s attention but normal people try to hide it a little better.

Get a grip, Holmes.

Of course, she could hold Donald Trump partly responsible since he is the one most responsible for fanning the political flames in this country the past 10 years.
Trump is no angel by any means and he constantly exaggerates and says things that are way too extreme, the "greatest economy ever" type stuff. But, it is generally in the same ballpark and the point remains true (his economy was good, but not the greatest ever). It's been called salesman lies here and elsewhere. "This baby was driven by a little old lady on Sundays to church and Wednesdays to bingo" kind of statements leaving out that her husband also drove it to work. The used car guy is absolutely stretching things, but it remains that it's still a great car with low miles in super shape. Trump is nothing if not an expert at marketing himself. Those things are a far cry from what you are claiming and the fact that there have a half dozen hoaxes that have proven to be untrue that very much have shaped your opinions cannot be undone. The bell has been rung and is still ringing in your mind.

Is there another figure in all our history who is considered worse than Hitler? When has Trump run around making such statements about others?

I saw an online poll yesterday that said something like 37% of Americans believe this incident falls squarely on Trump. That 37% is probably made up entirely of Democrats, but the fact that they are the intelligent ones lends credence to the poll.

Polls of people's opinions are worthless in terms of what they "think" and it's no way to govern. Popularity shouldn't be the goal. It's scary that you think such an opinion makes someone intelligent. BTW, you're doing that D projection thing again where the opposite is actually true.

P.S. - Regarding my posts above about Robert Menendez, I was simply joking, poop. I'm sorry you and Archie didn't pick up on the satire and instead got your panties in a bunch.
Humor. Sure. Maybe in the future you should post "Humor:" before things so everyone knows when it isn't funny and then doesn't take you seriously. To make a joke, it has to be even remotely comical. The triumph thing was funny. Perhaps just stick to reposting things if that's the goal???

Trump is no angel by any means and he constantly exaggerates and says things that are way too extreme, the "greatest economy ever" type stuff.
I'm not talking about Trump's chest-pounding, self-promotional hyperbole. I'm talking about his ongoing rhetoric promoting violence as the possible reason he is now down to only one and a half ears.

I'm not talking about Trump's chest-pounding, self-promotional hyperbole. I'm talking about his ongoing rhetoric promoting violence as the possible reason he is now down to only one and a half ears.

Thanks for proving my point.

Everyone of those were hyperbole or simply the suggesting of punching someone, a fistfight, in response to something the "victim" was already doing. You're trying to compare someone driving at 15 mph to someone driving over a hundred plus.

lol, maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure 'her words' as you quoted don't classify her as an extremist of any kind unless it's extremely republican and extremely devoted to the memory of her recently departed husband.. I am never going to see the big deal in simply choosing to talk to anyone, regardless of the words used to express that choice. Again, I celebrate the right to choose, and believe it or not I would be saying the same thing even if it was Trump being rejected by some liberal idiot.

IMHO they don't contribute to the kind of antagonism you're referring to UNLESS we make more of those words than is reasonable. And again, THAT is the problem. The problem lies within those who practically look for words to pounce on and try to turn into a much bigger deal than they represent, and those who feed words to them, manipulating them and even lying to come up with confrontational words in order to stoke a feverish animosity toward an opponent. Biden for example.

Of course you have the right to criticize and I said nothing contrary to that. But to characterize her speech as contributing to the chasm, the rage and hate, is indicative of a population that goes too far. Her words are easily accepted as harmless by the rational person. Even if I was a flaming libnut, I would respect them.

Sorry I missed someone “insinuating” he’s a right winger. I’ll take your word for it. To me being a registered repub doesn’t make you a rw’er. I reserve that label for the far right nut jobs denying science, marching in camouflage, and so deluded that they’re incapable of reason or logic. Lw’ers as well such as antifa or BLM
you don't like my cammies? Damn, I bet you absolutely despise my jackboots.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT