ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

proof that when it comes to voters image is more important than fact. Harris has had a big jump in the polls among people trusting either candidate for the economy to where they’re nearly tied. She hasn’t even announced any policies yet. She’s just more likable (to voters) and when that happens people look the other way on policy.

I guess AI is Trump's new go-to excuse. If he loses the election, it will just be AI creating bogus votes. I gotta give it to him, he's taken lying and cheating to an unprecedented level. Roy Cohn would be so proud of his protege.

I can honestly say that I never thought Republicans would EVER let their party be hijacked like this. First, they let the Moral Majority co-opt them, now Trump and MAGA have the deed to the whole party.
Moral majority, tea party, maga….they’re just desperate to be led by their nose rings. Meanwhile the dems have the opposite problem with lack of any leadership at all.

proof that when it comes to voters image is more important than fact. Harris has had a big jump in the polls among people trusting either candidate for the economy to where they’re nearly tied. She hasn’t even announced any policies yet. She’s just more likable (to voters) and when that happens people look the other way on policy.
Are you implying that people are sick of Donald Trump??? Impossible!

Moral majority, tea party, maga….they’re just desperate to be led by their nose rings. Meanwhile the dems have the opposite problem with lack of any leadership at all.
I don't know if I agree with that. Their leadership got Old Joe to step aside and give them the better chance to win.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
  • Love
Reactions: Heels Noir

Pregnancy is a bitch. Let's get more politicians involved.
Hopefully she called Ted cruz to get advice

Lol. He’s prob as likable to his base as he ever was. But it’s the moderates and independents and minorities that seem to find Harris more likable than they did biden.
I'm interested to see what happens to that base once he's done... death or incapacitated. I guess you can put a successor in his place. But, give credit where it's due, there's only one Donald Trump. I just don't think that he could be replaced and the cult remain intact like it is now.

Trump and musk gonna have a live convo on x tonight. A good opportunity for trump to focus on issues the voters find important and to get away from all the crazy accusations and falsehoods.

Right?

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I'm interested to see what happens to that base once he's done... death or incapacitated. I guess you can put a successor in his place. But, give credit where it's due, there's only one Donald Trump. I just don't think that he could be replaced and the cult remain intact like it is now.
Dude is bigger than life for sure. Iconic even. Can’t deny his power and fame. Prob his son attempts to take over I would think. But yea I don’t think it will have the same influence.

I've said since he won in 2016 - Trump at this point is insignificant. The MAGA movement will endure. He has created something that will live on a lot longer than he will. He's changed politics in this country (admittedly for better and for worse - for me, mostly better). But Trump is just the founder to something much larger than he. I thank him for his sacrifice. Dude could have just played golf unbothered in his twilight years and instead he voluntarily took a beating and lost money for the improvement of the country. God bless him.

But make no mistake, MAGA is here to stay.

Do you even realize that you posted a graph produced by Aljazeera? And is that the third theory as to the origin of covid now? It wasn't from a lab in China funded by money that Oouchi funneled their way, it wasn't from a bat at a wet market, Trump gave us covid?
the better part, which I should have pointed out in my response to him, is that he introduced Covid in his post and in the same several square inches gave us a graph showing its effect on the economy, which he ridiculously tried to blame on Trump.. Covid, which Trump tried to keep us from panicking over and shutting the economy down. Covid, which dems shit their pants over and sent every productive person home that they could. Dems, who went hysterical when Trump tried to keep Covid in China to begin with. Yeah, he scoffs at 'good things' that Trump did and in response gives us evidence of bad things that the dems did to us.

I didn't go to the trouble with him because it's been done so many times before and he isn't worth the endless repeat.

Reactions: pooponduke
I've said since he won in 2016 - Trump at this point is insignificant. The MAGA movement will endure. He has created something that will live on a lot longer than he will. He's changed politics in this country (admittedly for better and for worse - for me, mostly better). But Trump is just the founder to something much larger than he. I thank him for his sacrifice. Dude could have just played golf unbothered in his twilight years and instead he voluntarily took a beating and lost money for the improvement of the country. God bless him.

You think he’s lost money? I don’t know maybe he has. But seems like he’s wealthier than ever.

He's the head of the snake. The same conspiracy kooks were there in the Ron Paul crowd. Trump has far more celebrity cred and charisma. A cult needs a cult leader in order to continue. I'm sure there are possible replacements. But, I don't think anyone else will be as effective.

You think he’s lost money? I don’t know maybe he has. But seems like he’s wealthier than ever.
He's done far better than any renewal contract on the Apprentice could have offered. A TV celebrity takes over the country... now, THAT'S truly American.

I like your examples but the claim was that the left is projecting, and those are not examples of projection.
I'm sure you're prepared to trot out some psychology textbook definition of projection but if you were as smart as you seem to want to be seen as, you'd understand that these items exemplify projection for our purposes perfectly well, making your post a pedantic and pointless one. His point was very well made and he communicated the essence of projection in the process.

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
I'm sure you're prepared to trot out some psychology textbook definition of projection but if you were as smart as you seem to want to be seen as, you'd understand that these items exemplify projection for our purposes perfectly well, making your post a pedantic and pointless one. His point was very well made and he communicated the essence of projection in the process.
You are so fos! lol

Elon Musk is the hero we need.
Well, he did change Trump from anti-green energy to all of the sudden being an electric car fanatic.
I've said since he won in 2016 - Trump at this point is insignificant. The MAGA movement will endure. But make no mistake, MAGA is here to stay.
I disagree. They would have to find another lunatic in the dust bin and I believe Nikki Haley is heir to the throne. She's too sensible for all of that MAGA crap.

I nailed it perfectly:

When someone unconsciously attributes their thoughts, feelings, or behaviors to another person, they are projecting. 1 For example, your partner may feel jealous in your relationship but may accuse you of being jealous. In this example, your partner is projecting their jealousy onto you.

All of what I listed were perfect examples of the left projecting and @What Would Jesus Do? is simply avoiding acknowledging it. He’s wrong. He knows he’s wrong.

Reactions: bluetoe
Well, he did change Trump from anti-green energy to all of the sudden being an electric car fanatic.

I disagree. They would have to find another lunatic in the dust bin and I believe Nikki Haley is heir to the throne. She's too sensible for all of that MAGA crap.
Nah... the republicans can't go back to that establishment lineage unless something cataclysmic happens. And, I don't think anyone wants that kind of cataclysm. It will have to be a process... and she'll be ancient by then.

I cringe every time someone posts this - as if it's real.

Let's just start with the premise: If America is not the greatest country, then tell us what country is, please? I'd really like you to tell us the greatest country in the world and the reasons or basis for making the argument that it's the greatest.

It's bs when he lists the countries with so-called "freedom". They are not, or not nearly as "free" as us and even that's been eroded. Heck, one of his listed countries, the UK, is currently going after citizens who have posted dissent about their policies on the internet and has even threatened to come after US citizens who post such content by charging and then extraditing them.

And then, there are all the stats he reels off that supposedly demonstrate why we are not great. Stuff like our Life Expectancy ranking. The goal, at least for most of us, is not a competition to see who lives the longest - it's to live life to it's fullest. If being the oldest was the goal, we'd have government mandated workout programs, diet requirements, and genetically analyzed determinations as to with whom we could reproduce (that would leave more than one poster here SOL). No thanks.

Then, and this is the key to the entire diatribe, Daniels' character says, "It sure used to be" and lays out a whole laundry list of great things that freedom and opportunity allowed. Incredibly, he claims that "we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered."

This was a movie script speech romanticizing people like Cronkite and Brinkley. I'm glad they got your vote on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'm more happy that we no longer depend on the three networks and two newspapers telling us what we should know and what to believe. Just wish a few more out there would see through this bs and veil of controlling the narrative.
anyone who doesn't instantly recognize the one-sidedness of his full-of-holes argument is just too impressionable to spend much time trying to reason with.

You could go on and on rebutting Daniels here, but you'd feel like an idiot for seeing any need to do so. I know, because I felt like an idiot responding to gomer'spyles about it.

Those revered men, lol. The best thing I got from my four years at UNC was from my Mod Civ prof my freshman year. I had hated history prior to that because it was just a dry collection of dates and places and giant personalities that we normal humans could never live up to. He painted a more realistic picture for us, and pointed out that human nature is a constant that brings us all down to Earth, and that consequently these revered men did the same mundane things and felt the same way about things that you and I do. He took them off the pedestal and made them relatable. I've been a history buff ever since.

When someone brings out the revered men angle regarding America, I pretty much stop listening to what they are saying. They had their important influences, but we got where we are because of our wants and needs and the opportunity to satisfy them. The opportunity to have a good life is what makes us great, and it is an opportunity that should be protected and preserved because it is precarious; it is NOT the default condition that silly wokesters think it is or should be. We are lucky, and we shouldn't gamble our winnings away.

Nobody trusts you to pay a bet. I do trust you to believe St. Trump when he says the rally pictures are doctored, despite video evidence on your beloved FOX, cuz you're one of his brainwashed concubines.

Sooooo,....seems you're backpeddling. I figured as much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT