ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

How many years and how much money did it take him to do that?

Edit: Not to mention that a lot of those employment numbers were driven by the ACA.

I remember somebody telling me the numbers were made up anyway. Actual unemployment was 30 - 40%. Glad they finally got those numbers fixed.

White House asserts executive privilege over Mueller report in latest confrontation with Congress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3050714d946d

Not a big surprise here. Nadel has been posturing for political points, but what he's asking of Barr is actually illegal. It sounds like Trump has just had enough of it and told them to go pound sand. They're already crying about it, but when aren't they crying about Trump?

White House asserts executive privilege over Mueller report in latest confrontation with Congress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3050714d946d

Not a big surprise here. Nadel has been posturing for political points, but what he's asking of Barr is actually illegal. It sounds like Trump has just had enough of it and told them to go pound sand. They're already crying about it, but when aren't they crying about Trump?
I think most of the public is tired of it as well.

Yes, the method is BS, but we're still using the same method as before.

Are we? The WH is often accused of fudging the #'s for their benefit no matter who is in office. With the # of cronies Trump has put in would anyone be surprised if they "updated" the calculation?

Are we? The WH is often accused of fudging the #'s for their benefit no matter who is in office. With the # of cronies Trump has put in would anyone be surprised if they "updated" the calculation?

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's a bad method, but it's also the same method we've been using for decades. So, it's fair to say that the situation is getting better, but it probably isn't as good as it seems. I rather doubt Trump has the power to "update the calculation", but if you have any proof that he's done that, I would like to see it.

Trump is everything evil. We are currently in a recession soon to be followed by a depression. Trump is just spinning the numbers. He's setting everything up so he and Putin can rule the world! To be such an idiot he's got a lot of shit going on behind the scenes.

iu

I'm not afraid of her, I'm afraid of her radical thoughts and the idiotic people that eat it up.

Anyone that radical, on either side, is very bad for America.
Not sure she's bad for America. Her thoughts are nothing new. She won't last long enough to make even a small long term impact. I'd be surprised if she lasted more than two terms. Main stream democrats don't like her and are already plotting to get her out. She's good for a laugh though.

Reactions: Heelicious
Not sure she's bad for America. Her thoughts are nothing new. She won't last long enough to make even a small long term impact. I'd be surprised if she lasted more than two terms. Main stream democrats don't like her and are already plotting to get her out. She's good for a laugh though.
I watched the Netflix documentary about her campaign, and a few others, called Knock Down The House. I was impressed by her commitment and motivation. The Democrat incumbent that she beat took some serious effort and resolve. She's intelligent, but she's not very "government savvy." Or, she's not savvy to the way American government works. She's new and idealistic. If she doesn't sell-out, she'll lose the job. American government is all about being in the pockets of the people who own the country. If she remains true to her idealism, she'll get out... maybe become a regular on MSNBC.

I watched the Netflix documentary about her campaign, and a few others, called Knock Down The House. I was impressed by her commitment and motivation. The Democrat incumbent that she beat took some serious effort and resolve. She's intelligent, but she's not very "government savvy." Or, she's not savvy to the way American government works. She's new and idealistic. If she doesn't sell-out, she'll lose the job. American government is all about being in the pockets of the people who own the country. If she remains true to her idealism, she'll get out... maybe become a regular on MSNBC.

MSNPC only hires establishment hacks.

I haven't watched the documentary, but I think the fact that only 5 people voted in the primary had more to do with her winning than her effort and resolve. The incumbent just assumed he would win the nomination, because incumbents almost always win with little effort.

Reactions: Heelicious
From my understanding, it would be a tax on Amazon, Facebook, and (I think) Google, IIRC. To be honest, that's a big issue with me as well, but I'm just trying to find out more about him.
Amazon, GM, John Deere and a few others are paying no federal income tax. I have a problem with that. But in the interview I saw with him, he wanted to use the money for Universal Basic Income. No thanks.

the fact that only 5 people voted in the primary had more to do with her winning than her effort and resolve. The incumbent just assumed he would win the nomination, because incumbents almost always win with little effort.
The fact that only 5 people voted in the primary?
Where did you get that figure of only 5 people voting in NY District 14 Democratic Primary? I'm seeing AOC with 16,898 votes and Joe Crowley with 12,880. Then, in the general election, she got 110,318, to Anthoney Pappas 19,000 votes.

Do you mean 5% of the population in that district? That's a lot different from 5 people.

https://ballotpedia.org/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez

Where did you get that figure of only 5 people voting in NY District 14 Democratic Primary? I'm seeing AOC with 16,898 votes and Joe Crowley with 12,880. Then, in the general election, she got 110,318, to Anthoney Pappas 19,000 votes.

Do you mean 5% of the population in that district? That's a lot different from 5 people.

I think he was pointing out the extremely low voter turnout. I don't think that "5 people" comment was to be taken literally.

I was being sarcastic with the 5 people. Voter turnout for the primary in that district was extremely low. That makes it easier on the challenger. That's fewer people she has to flip.

My ma in law is visiting. Shes an avid trump supporter as well as a racist bigot. I asked her what she would think if trump tried to pull something so as to not give up his office when he loses the election. She lit up like a christmas tree and slapped her knee “BY GAWWD I HOPE HE DOES, THE ONLY WAY HE LOSES IS IF CNN AND THE DEMOCRATS STEAL THE ELECTION!!” Fun times at my house.

I was being sarcastic with the 5 people. Voter turnout for the primary in that district was extremely low. That makes it easier on the challenger. That's fewer people she has to flip.
Oh, so "the fact" was not a fact. Gotcha.

From what I have read and seen? There was nothing easy for any challenger in that system. As far as low voter turnout? That seems to be the case for any election at any time in American politics, with very few exceptions. But, I'm not offering a fact with that statement.

Oh, so "the fact" was not a fact. Gotcha.

From what I have read and seen? There was nothing easy for any challenger in that system. As far as low voter turnout? That seems to be the case for any election at any time in American politics, with very few exceptions. But, I'm not offering a fact with that statement.
It was pretty obvious that when I said "the fact that only 5 people voted" it was meant to be sarcastic. I can't see how anyone would think I wasn't using hyperbole with that statement.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
It was pretty obvious that when I said "the fact that only 5 people voted" it was meant to be sarcastic. I can't see how anyone would think I wasn't using hyperbole with that statement.
I guess it was your using "the fact that..." that threw me off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT