ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Enter Mark Sanford... maybe:

5d2dd870aa84a.image.jpg

https://www.postandcourier.com/poli...cle_cedccc78-a7cc-11e9-aa4e-df38b5ba34a9.html
I don't see that happening unless he wants to waste his time and money. This is probably just a ploy to get his name out there for something else he wants to do.

I'm still amazed how her and her husband are still married. They couldn't be more polar opposites when it comes to politics. That's normally not a deal breaker, but with her having such a high profile job with the president it seems like that would be too much to deal with.

And the fact that she looks like the dude from the crypt in The Princess Bride.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
America coming last? Last to what?

She seems tired. It has to be tiresome to cover for The Donald so much. I don't feel sorry for him, or any of them. They beg for every ounce of criticism and scrutiny they get. If she could somehow lobotomize Trump from needing to be a 12-year old child half the time, we'd all be set. For that matter, they are all guilty of acting like children when they use their "Twitter" personas. They love to take shots at one another behind those phones.

Reactions: Heelicious
He’s running against tulsi right now you imbecile. Once again, you poast something completely idiotic.

You just went full retard. Again.

You’re legitimately an idiot.
The notion that he sold out his ideals is laughably stupid.

Lmao that’s absurd.
Only other morons fail to see .

I didn’t say anything about trump or Obama in that post.
The morons who

Lol that’s rich coming from someone named Cletus who has zero meaningful points to contribute. I’m surprised your trailer park even has internet access.

Get back to us when you finish reading the rest of the post and stop making idiotic accusations of racism.

Good grief you are retarded.

That’s literally the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen you poast and there’s a lot of competition.

You just keep taking stupid to new heights.

He’s a clown with Napoleon syndrome .
In just 2 pages here is a compilation of your immature debate style. Why would anyone take you serious? Your doctoral program obviously does not include communication skills. This is why no one likes you. Strum seems to share many of the same beliefs you do but I'll guarantee everyone here would rather have a beer with him than you. What are you over compensating for? You sound like the bagel guy.

Reactions: Terror Beard
In just 2 pages here is a compilation of your immature debate style. Why would anyone take you serious? Your doctoral program obviously does not include communication skills. This is why no one likes you. Strum seems to share many of the same beliefs you do but I'll guarantee everyone here would rather have a beer with him than you. What are you over compensating for? You sound like the bagel guy.
I don't drink, so you'd get both beers!

I do find it odd that people who clearly hate a country and the way it's run, continue to live in said country. Trump has a point there.

It's like the folks who promised to leave the country if Trump got elected. Morons. They know that, no matter what, at the end of the day, America is still the greatest on earth, regardless of who the POTUS is.

I do find it odd that people who clearly hate a country and the way it's run, continue to live in said country. Trump has a point there.

It's like the folks who promised to leave the country if Trump got elected. Morons. They know that, no matter what, at the end of the day, America is still the greatest on earth, regardless of who the POTUS is.
I don't think they "hate the country" at all. I think they simply disagree with how it is governed. That's a big difference.

I didn’t realize you were so sensitive. Everyone of those messages was directed to the resident troll on the board. The only other one was a reply to an insult from Cletus directed at me. Kinda funny how you liked that post then complain about me insulting people. But don’t worry NS4U is now on ignore so it doesn’t matter anyways.

Sheesh. You and your buddy GSD have fun trying to use his alternate account to get me banned again.

I don't think they "hate the country" at all. I think they simply disagree with how it is governed. That's a big difference.

just basing it on their language, constant whining and complaining about the rules, laws, tenets (that have been around for 150+ years) ... just seems like they're completely disgusted with this place.

But don’t worry NS4U is now on ignore so it doesn’t matter anyways.
Good. Maybe this thread will finally die the humiliating death it deserves.

You and your buddy GSD have fun trying to use his alternate account to get me banned again.
Final Ruling: There was no conspiracy to get boy banned. I will poast a link to this thread every time he brings it up.

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/poll-did-you-report-uncboy10s-poast.67501/

I didn’t realize you were so sensitive. Everyone of those messages was directed to the resident troll on the board. The only other one was a reply to an insult from Cletus directed at me. Kinda funny how you liked that post then complain about me insulting people. But don’t worry NS4U is now on ignore so it doesn’t matter anyways.

Sheesh. You and your buddy GSD have fun trying to use his alternate account to get me banned again.
nolesoup is not an alt handle. He was around on HROT years ago. He's been on rivals for a while.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
I’m talking about a major correction sometime in the next decade, and that’s probably being generous

Again, corrections are a normal occurrence in the market cycle, and it's fairly safe to say one will happen in the next decade based purely on how long the current bull run has gone. Raising the interest rates aren't going to prevent that.

Money is practically free right now. That leads to a massive increase in demand which spikes prices, particularly in real estate because the average joe can now afford to go out an buy a fourplex with an FHA loan with only 3.5% down because of how cheap the loan is. It’s easy to make a property cash flow with artificially low interest rates, especially when rents are constantly rising year after year.

Thank you, but I'm well aware of how this works. I do wish we'd require much more than 3.5% to be put down to buy a house. Something in the 20% range would be much better.

The question of where they should be valued at is impossible to answer. It people could accurately forecast corrections then they would be immeasuarably rich. There’s just too many econometric variables and it’s impossible to come up with an accurate coefficient for each one. But you don’t need an exact value to make the argument that the market is overvalued.

I'm not looking for an exact value, but I was hoping for at least a compelling argument as to why it was worth something less than the market of everyone else in the world has determined it to be worth.

I assume you're shorting the market? I'd be willing to make a pretty basic wager with you, something along the lines of the S&P500 will be higher in 1 year than it is today (or something similar if you have a different index or time frame in mind) if you want to.

Reactions: nctransplant
Racist means you think one race is superior to another. He thinks all races are inferior to him. If you want to keep using that word when it doesn't apply, that's fine. Just understand that you are helping that word lose it's actual meaning and shutting down any legit conversation on actual race issues which prevents us from improving race relations.

It's fairly remarkable how quickly that word went from being a damning accusation, to just another generic throw around insult that people don't bat an eye over because of the overuse and misuse of the word.

just basing it on their language, constant whining and complaining about the rules, laws, tenets (that have been around for 150+ years) ... just seems like they're completely disgusted with this place.
I'm not sure which rule/law/tenant you're referring to, or if there are several. Sometimes things that have been a tradition (law, custom, rule, tenet, etc.) for a long time are no longer effective... and things change. The social and cultural climate changes.

I doubt you'd say that Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Stanton, Alice Paul and Lucretia Mott hated America. Their "constant whining and complaining about the rules" led to women finally being able to hold office and vote. That had been forbidden for... 130 years or so? I don't think any of them hated America. They just wanted it to include them. And, without their efforts, it may never have happened.

Relax. I'm just pointing out how you have no ability to debate subject matter without resorting to juvenile tactics like name calling. It really says a lot about your mentality or lack thereof. I don't need to nor have I ever tried to get you banned. Your lack of maturity does that for you.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I'm not sure which rule/law/tenant you're referring to, or if there are several. Sometimes things that have been a tradition (law, custom, rule, tenet, etc.) for a long time are no longer effective... and things change. The social and cultural climate changes.

I doubt you'd say that Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Stanton, Alice Paul and Lucretia Mott hated America. Their "constant whining and complaining about the rules" led to women finally being able to hold office and vote. That had been forbidden for... 130 years or so? I don't think any of them hated America. They just wanted it to include them. And, without their efforts, it may never have happened.
The difference is today no US citizen is denied any rights.

Reactions: Heelicious

I'm sorry but I refuse to compare suffrage and women's rights to open borders and free healthcare for illegal immigrants.

He already is threatening South Korea with conventional weapons. That’s why nobody has invaded NK to take him out yet. Do you seriously not understand that?

You don’t know anything about Un or NK. He lives in constant fear of an assasination attempt and never stays in the same place for more than 24 hours. His entire foreign policy and military strategy is based around keeping more powerful nations out of NK so that he can play dictator. That’s why they have missiles aimed at South Korea 24/7.

You just keep taking stupid to new heights.

Unsurprisingly, you completely missed the point. All that happens because he's constantly under threat from the US and its allies. Take that threat away and there's no longer an issue. He seems to get along great with the current president of South Korea. He seems get along great with Trump. We should just leave the guy alone, but that's never enough for you warmongering globalists.

I’m calling one person an idiot because he endlessly trolls the board poasting garbage. If someone wants to go around calling me a racist, or a “sell out” then it’s a safe bet that I’m going to fire back. I haven’t called you any of those things, and without fail you like every single poast that insults me. So clearly it’s not insults that bother you, it’s people who disagree with you.

And why would I care what he thinks? He’s a clown with Napoleon syndrome that tries to fight people over what they poast on a message board and hides behind duplicate profiles. He’s a clown. There’s not a single opinion I care about less than his.

It's nice that you think a video of black people discussing politics is garbage. As for your insults, insult away...I don't care. You're kind of a novice in the insulting department anyway.

The funny part is that I've used kid gloves to deal with you, and you still can't handle it. Do you know why you hate me so much? It's because I tell you the truth about yourself and you can't deal with your collapsing house of cards.

It was interesting, and it helped me! I like that kind of forum. This kind of forum lacks speaking and hearing... that's a huge hurdle. It's enormous, actually. We toss our mutual respect out the door because we're not as accountable as we would be if we were in each other's presence.

But, listening to all of them, and paying close attention, gave me some very helpful insight. I hope they learned from each other, too. If any of them are "conservative"... now... they're sorta like converts, the way they described it. That was interesting to know. The woman from Charlotte seems to be connecting her newfound "conservatism" title because she believes it syncs-up with her newfound religion. It was funny how she proceeded to break that down. SOmething like "We're just now getting to where we can handle homosexuality..." It's like, it's inevitable. Just like it was with divorce. And, Trump is hardly some shining example of traditional, Protestant/Catholic/Christian morality. How he conned people into that is beyond me. I dunno if he even did it. It seems like he just got a pass from evangelicals, in general, because THEY'RE chained to Republicans, much like blacks are chained to Democrats. And, that 9-out-of-10 demographic is appalling. Democrats bank on blacks like Republicans bank on evangelicals. they don't even have to try... and, that's a shame.

Honestly, I rarely talk politics to people in real life. When I do I'm not much different than I am here. I'm willing to listen and I'm willing to call out BS when I hear it. The issue is that most people don't want to talk politics, so I just refrain from it altogether. However, in a thread made just for politics, I obviously have no qualms about it.

Good. Maybe this thread will finally die the humiliating death it deserves.
I'd rather have this thread instead of 500 political threads. I think it's actually been good for the board to consolidate all the politics into this thread. It makes the board easier to navigate and has kept other threads free of politics for the most part.

Relax. I'm just pointing out how you have no ability to debate subject matter without resorting to juvenile tactics like name calling. It really says a lot about your mentality or lack thereof. I don't need to nor have I ever tried to get you banned. Your lack of maturity does that for you.

I’ve debated plenty of things with plenty of people without insulting them. The only person here that I insulted was NS4U, and then I fired back at Cletus after he insulted me. Again, I don’t see you ranting about his “juvenile tactics” though.

Again, corrections are a normal occurrence in the market cycle, and it's fairly safe to say one will happen in the next decade based purely on how long the current bull run has gone. Raising the interest rates aren't going to prevent that.

Thank you, but I'm well aware of how this works. I do wish we'd require much more than 3.5% to be put down to buy a house. Something in the 20% range would be much better.

I'm not looking for an exact value, but I was hoping for at least a compelling argument as to why it was worth something less than the market of everyone else in the world has determined it to be worth.

I assume you're shorting the market? I'd be willing to make a pretty basic wager with you, something along the lines of the S&P500 will be higher in 1 year than it is today (or something similar if you have a different index or time frame in mind) if you want to.

I explained why I think companies are overvalued. Many are being propped up by low interest rates, and on the industrial side of things, they’re being propped up by the carbon externality problem. How would the oil industry be doing if the price of a gallon of gas actually reflected the total social cost of that gallon of gas?

I’m well aware of the fact that the market has consistently trended up in the long run. I’m sure it will continue to do so, so there’s no way I would ever take that bet. That would be extremely stupid of me. My point is that I believe the market is overvalued based on the reasons I listed above, in addition to some other factors, and I think that an upcoming correction should be factored into an assessment of how the economy is doing. The economy always appears to be doing well when it’s running hot. Until it isn’t.

All I’m saying is the people giving trump the credit for how the economy is doing are being silly. I’m not blaming it on anyone. Like you said this is just how the market cycles. But if we continue deregulating Wall Street and cutting the corporate tax rate then we will see a repeat performance of 2008, and an ever expanding income and wealth gap.

Tim Pool blows up Twitter Exec and his lawyer, on the Joe Rogan Experience, about targeting conservatives.

There are times when you can see that "deer in the headlights" look on the lawyer. He absolutely destroys them.

I explained why I think companies are overvalued. Many are being propped up by low interest rates, and on the industrial side of things, they’re being propped up by the carbon externality problem. How would the oil industry be doing if the price of a gallon of gas actually reflected the total social cost of that gallon of gas?

I’m well aware of the fact that the market has consistently trended up in the long run. I’m sure it will continue to do so, so there’s no way I would ever take that bet. That would be extremely stupid of me. My point is that I believe the market is overvalued based on the reasons I listed above, in addition to some other factors, and I think that an upcoming correction should be factored into an assessment of how the economy is doing. The economy always appears to be doing well when it’s running hot. Until it isn’t.

All I’m saying is the people giving trump the credit for how the economy is doing are being silly. I’m not blaming it on anyone. Like you said this is just how the market cycles. But if we continue deregulating Wall Street and cutting the corporate tax rate then we will see a repeat performance of 2008, and an ever expanding income and wealth gap.

I can definitely see where you're coming from here and I don't necessarily disagree with your take on this, but I don't see real changes to any of those issues forthcoming, so you can't really take any of that into consideration.

I’ve debated plenty of things with plenty of people without insulting them. The only person here that I insulted was NS4U, and then I fired back at Cletus after he insulted me. Again, I don’t see you ranting about his “juvenile tactics” though.

Look, I don't mind you insulting people, but you should at least own up to it. You're one of the more agitated poasters that I've ever dealt with. You remind me of a poster on HROT called Joesplace, @strummingram knows about him. You guys are pretty much cyberspace doppelgangers.

But my shenanigans are cheeky and fun.
And your shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

While NS4U does seem to grind your gears I don't remember him insulting you with name calling. Feel free to prove me wrong young fella.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT