ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Okay fair enough. I don’t really have strong views on the Israeli-Palestine conflict, other than condemnation of both sides. It sounds like the BDS movement is against Israeli sovereignty and promotes a one state solution by trying to prop up Palestine. Doesn’t sound like a very effective approach to me.

That being said, I find it odd that the same people who have no problem with trump calling Mexico a shithole country that sends us rapists, don’t even hesitate to call a proposed trade war with Israel anti-Semitic. Not talking about you, just speaking in general.

These are the exact kinds of dog whistles people have been trying to explain that trump uses.
Suddenly the right relearned how to read between the lines again... how strange.

Soooooooo, you automatically endorsed Trump tactics without thinking about the situation?

Reactions: nctransplant
And then you went dog whistle.

That’s the claim people are making about Omar. That this resolution is just a dog whistle for anti-semites. I pointed out how similar that is to some of trumps rhetoric and proposed policies.

Okay fair enough. I don’t really have strong views on the Israeli-Palestine conflict, other than condemnation of both sides. It sounds like the BDS movement is against Israeli sovereignty and promotes a one state solution by trying to prop up Palestine. Doesn’t sound like a very effective approach to me.

That being said, I find it odd that the same people who have no problem with trump calling Mexico a shithole country that sends us rapists, don’t even hesitate to call a proposed trade war with Israel anti-Semitic. Not talking about you, just speaking in general.

These are the exact kinds of dog whistles people have been trying to explain that trump uses. Suddenly the right relearned how to read between the lines again... how strange.
I'm not a fan of what Trump said and I have no problem with criticism of Israel. They go farther than a regular economic boycott though. They want an academic and cultural boycott as well. They are lead by and have been funded by terrorist groups. They are similar to a white nationalist group only with more power.

Reactions: nctransplant
That’s the claim people are making about Omar. That this resolution is just a dog whistle for anti-semites. I pointed out how similar that is to some of trumps rhetoric and proposed policies.
No one is saying she is "dog whistling". She's opening antisemitic. And much of Mexico is a shithole.

I'm not a fan of what Trump said and I have no problem with criticism of Israel. They go farther than a regular economic boycott though. They want an academic and cultural boycott as well. They are lead by and have been funded by terrorist groups. They are similar to a white nationalist group only with more power.

Thanks for the clarification. I read a few articles but they didn’t go quite that deep into it. For some reason I’m not surprised that there’s a link between terrorist groups and pro-Palestine movement. I wonder what the common deonominator could be...

Thanks for the clarification. I read a few articles but they didn’t go quite that deep into it. For some reason I’m not surprised that there’s a link between terrorist groups and pro-Palestine movement. I wonder what the common deonominator could be...
Iran

No one is saying she is "dog whistling". She's opening antisemitic. And much of Mexico is a shithole.

She openly says that she doesn’t like Jews? I’m not a fan of hers so I’m perfectly willing to look through any quotes she’s made that insult/degrade Jewish people.

That's BS dude. Boy is right in this circumstance...it's super hypocritical to have a problem with someone talking shit on Israel but being cool when Trump does it to *insert brown country*.

Again, stop blindly supporting people/parties you like. Hate this shit.

I wish Trump could have had his rally in another state, doesn't show my beloved state in a very good light.

So he doesn't care about black America because he's on the spectrum and/or comes off to you as the black Chauncey Gardner?

tumblr_phwwkxKY3B1u9qgcf_250.gif

No, it's just that's it's really hard to tell what he cares about other than himself.

What is Mexico bringing to the table?
It sort of brought me my wife, since her father immigrated from Mexico. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, it's just something they brought. Also, if it wasn't for Mexico Taco Tuesdays would have never happened.

taco+tuesday.jpg

She openly says that she doesn’t like Jews? I’m not a fan of hers so I’m perfectly willing to look through any quotes she’s made that insult/degrade Jewish people.

Not to bag on UB10 but do a little digging before opening your mouth. Before this came up I was like UB10 - I had read the Israel buying politicians tweet and agreed with it. Just because you mention Jews and money in the same sentence doesn't make it racist. But a little digging shows she's used several other phrases in tweets relating to Israel that I didn't even know were anti-semitic tropes but that a Muslim would surely know. If a NC politician uses phrases like cotton-pickin, noose, lynch when criticizing blacks I'm gonna think he might be racist. I have to apply the same standard to Omar.

Not to bag on UB10 but do a little digging before opening your mouth. Before this came up I was like UB10 - I had read the Israel buying politicians tweet and agreed with it. Just because you mention Jews and money in the same sentence doesn't make it racist. But a little digging shows she's used several other phrases in tweets relating to Israel that I didn't even know were anti-semitic tropes but that a Muslim would surely know. If a NC politician uses phrases like cotton-pickin, noose, lynch when criticizing blacks I'm gonna think he might be racist. I have to apply the same standard to Omar.

I think asking other people about what she’s done or said that’s anti-Semitic probably qualifies as “doing a little digging.”

It sort of brought me my wife, since her father immigrated from Mexico. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, it's just something they brought. Also, if it wasn't for Mexico Taco Tuesdays would have never happened.

taco+tuesday.jpg
Actually this was a royal eff up thanks to Mexico. We were all set to call it 'Titties Tuesday'.

Reactions: tarheel0910
What's up with Minnesota and terrible politicians? They've brought us Jesse Ventura, Al Franken and now Omar.
Ilhan Omar (not her real given name - more on that later) is a beauty. By beauty - I mean a political and ethical disaster for the Democrat party and for the constituents she represents (Minneapolis, where I work and many of my friends live).
In Minneapolis, basically anybody with a D (democrat) by their name will win. I can't envision how an independent or a moderate Republican would win here. Much like inner city NYC, San Fran, Chicago.

The way "Omar" won her D primary, moving up from a state house to US house candidate, was more crooked than an acre of snakes. That is how the large Jewish democratic group in her district have labeled it. There was mass uproar at the illegal busing of Somali immigrants (many not citizens) into her primary election caused her to win. Minnesota has maybe the shadiest, most lax, loose election laws in the nation. Basically you show up and prove you live somewhere in the state or city, you can vote.

Lots of heated emotion and near brawls for her primary. But again - once "Omar" "won" her primary for US rep - she was guaranteed a ticket to Washington DC. Just like AOC.

There are the straight-up **anti-Semitic (and anti-American)** things she has said. That's enough to get her primaried. But add on to that, the factual, legitimate cases coming out on her - by independent, even left leaning reporting groups (very in-depth with volumes of factual evidence gathered over 3 years) regarding:
1) marrying her own brother to commit immigration fraud (a felony) (her real name is Ilhan Nursaid Elmi - changed to Omar to help conceal her marrying her own brother)
2) tax fraud regarding filing taxes jointly with her brother- spouse and other real spouse
3) campaign fraud in using campaign contributions to pay for personal attorney and tax fraud litigation

Again - all of these are factually proven to be true, and she's received serious fines for #2 and #3. Regarding what comes of #1 - who is to say - but #1 certainly is not some conspiracy whack job story cooked up by Breitbart, Newsmax, or Fox / Sean Hannity. #1 is becoming a huge story here, but I'll spare people all the supporting evidence on it - there are volumes that could take hours to read.

**Regarding anti-Semitic, and anti-American things she's said or tweeted (I am paraphrasing):

- "For Israel / the Jews (in Congress and lobby's) its all about the Benjamins!" (money)
- "May Allah awake the world to Israel and the way Israel has hypnotized the rest of the world"
- Regarding 9/11 terrorists attack on America: "some people did some things....."
- The BDS involvement / promotion / bill she is sponsoring is clearly anti-Israel. She points out in it that there was a time that US had to boycott Nazi Germany too (implicit Nazi Germany-to-Israel-Jew equivalence)
- In interviews, has wondered why during her terrorism class she attended, people cringe or get anxious about hearing Al Queda - but they don't have the same reaction when US military is mentioned.
- She paints US military as the evil-doers in Somalia incident where US was providing aid to Somalis, and the whole operation went bad, resulting in maybe 2 dozen dead US soldiers (Black Hawk Down).

All of this leads to "Omar" being more trouble than she is worth to the party. It is easy enough to just run some generic, much smarter, better spoken, less toxic dem against her here, and she will be gone and forgotten by 2021.

Last edited:
Ilhan Omar (not her real given name - more on that later) is a beauty. By beauty - I mean a political and ethical disaster for the Democrat party and for the constituents she represents (Minneapolis, where I work and many of my friends live).
In Minneapolis, basically anybody with a D (democrat) by their name will win. I can't envision how an independent or a moderate Republican would win here. Much like inner city NYC, San Fran, Chicago.

The way "Omar" won her D primary, moving up from a state house to US house candidate, was more crooked than an acre of snakes. That is how the large Jewish democratic group in her district have labeled it. There was mass uproar at the illegal busing of Somali immigrants (many not citizens) into her primary election caused her to win. Minnesota has maybe the shadiest, most lax, loose election laws in the nation. Basically you show up and prove you live somewhere in the state or city, you can vote.

Lots of heated emotion and near brawls for her primary. But again - once "Omar" "won" her primary for US rep - she was guaranteed a ticket to Washington DC. Just like AOC.

There are the straight-up **anti-Semitic (and anti-American)** things she has said. That's enough to get her primaried. But add on to that, the factual, legitimate cases coming out on her - by independent, even left leaning reporting groups (very in-depth with volumes of factual evidence gathered over 3 years) regarding:
1) marrying her own brother to commit immigration fraud (a felony) (her real name is Ilhan Nursaid Elmi - changed to Omar to help conceal her marrying her own brother)
2) tax fraud regarding filing taxes jointly with her brother- spouse and other real spouse
3) campaign fraud in using campaign contributions to pay for personal attorney and tax fraud litigation

Again - all of these are factually proven to be true, and she's received serious fines for #2 and #3. Regarding what comes of #1 - who is to say - but #1 certainly is not some conspiracy whack job story cooked up by Breitbart, Newsmax, or Fox / Sean Hannity. #1 is becoming a huge story here, but I'll spare people all the supporting evidence on it - there are volumes that could take hours to read.

**Regarding anti-Semitic, and anti-American things she's said or tweeted (I am paraphrasing):

- "For Israel / the Jews (in Congress and lobby's) its all about the Benjamins!" (money)
- "May Allah awake the world to Israel and the way Israel has hypnotized the rest of the world"
- Regarding 9/11 terrorists attack on America: "some people did some things....."
- The BDS involvement / promotion / bill she is sponsoring is clearly anti-Israel. She points out in it that there was a time that US had to boycott Nazi Germany too (implicit Nazi Germany-to-Israel-Jew equivalence)
- In interviews, has wondered why during her terrorism class she attended, people cringe or get anxious about hearing Al Queda - but they don't have the same reaction when US military is mentioned.
- She paints US military as the evil-doers in Somalia incident where US was providing aid to Somalis, and the whole operation went bad, resulting in maybe 2 dozen dead US soldiers (Black Hawk Down).

All of this leads to "Omar" being more trouble than she is worth to the party. It is easy enough to just run some generic, much smarter, better spoken, less toxic dem against her here, and she will be gone and forgotten by 2021.

It's crazy how the Star Tribune initially tried to cover a lot of this up.

Reactions: Heelicious
1) marrying her own brother to commit immigration fraud (a felony) (her real name is Ilhan Nursaid Elmi - changed to Omar to help conceal her marrying her own brother)....

Regarding what comes of #1 - who is to say - but #1 certainly is not some conspiracy whack job story cooked up by Breitbart, Newsmax, or Fox / Sean Hannity. #1 is becoming a huge story here, but I'll spare people all the supporting evidence on it - there are volumes that could take hours to read.
Telling people it's not a conspiracy whack job sounds exactly like what somebody peddling a conspiracy whack job would say. That's a serious accusation. If it's "factually proven" then you should provide simple but verifiable evidence of its veracity.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Check your sources. There are multiple other credible sources and information out there that says this most likely isn't true.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alpha-news/

I don't put a whole lot of stock into fact checking sites. Everything is so partisan nowadays, and if you look at who started them, they're almost always liberals/democrats/progressives/whatever you want to call them. I'm not saying the source I posted is correct, but they made a pretty solid argument that it happened. Marrying someone to stay in the country isn't exactly a crazy accusation.

Telling people it's not a conspiracy whack job sounds exactly like what somebody peddling a conspiracy whack job would say. That's a serious accusation. If it's "factually proven" then you should provide simple but verifiable evidence of its veracity.
GFY..... Oops! I meant to say....

fair enough. Ask and you shall receive.

Read this information linked below. Again I mentioned it is a lot....goes into depth with photos, govt documents, public social media postings, etc. on Ilhan marrying her brother. Is it airtight? Not sure. Enough evidence to merit investigation? I absolutely think so.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archi...ying-up-loose-threads-in-the-curious-case.php

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT