ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

That sounds like you copy/pasted it off a website.

First question: How do you feel about Trump withdrawing troops from Syria?

Trust me, there will be more of these forthcoming.

You could stop being a dickbag for once. It's what I believe.

I'm not an interventionist per say. Proxy wars are costly and the Bush Administration made many mistakes in that regard. That said, to leave the Kurds high and dry while Erdogan increases his own power is a grave mistake. It also gives the remnants of ISIS a chance to regroup.

It's a delicate balance, but our power needs to be felt on the world stage. It would be a grave mistake if Russia or China replaced it.

I didn't make any accusation. I made the comment that he was down the middle. You made the accusation, without proof, that I was wrong. I honestly didn't set out to Van Damn you, so I apologise for doing that and for hurting your feelings. Hopefully you can admit you were wrong and spare yourself from further embarrassment.

You made the statement, but you have no responsibility to back up your statement? Am I reading this situation correctly? :cool:

You made the statement, but you have no responsibility to back up your statement? Am I reading this situation correctly? :cool:
Yes, until it is challenged by facts to prove I was wrong I don't have to back it up. Surely you don't think someone can claim someone else is wrong without backing it up first.

You could stop being a dickbag for once. It's what I believe.

I'm not an interventionist per say. Proxy wars are costly and the Bush Administration made many mistakes in that regard. That said, to leave the Kurds high and dry while Erdogan increases his own power is a grave mistake. It also gives the remnants of ISIS a chance to regroup.

It's a delicate balance, but our power needs to be felt on the world stage. It would be a grave mistake if Russia or China replaced it.

So, asking questions is being a "dickbag" while arguing for more intervention in the world. WWTJD (What Would Thomas Jefferson Do).

I'm not sure how "power needs to be felt on the world stage", it seems like that was the beginning of the downfall. I mean, who wouldn't want to rob the common baker on the street to make tanks for a war in which we really didn't need to fight.

BTW: Who gives a f*** about ISIS? That's a third world s***-hole problem. We'll never solve that issue. Those backwards retard Arabs have been fighting since civilization started.

Yes, until it is challenged by facts to prove I was wrong I don't have to back it up. Surely you don't think someone can claim someone else is wrong without backing it up first.

So, you can make an initial statement, and nobody can ask you why that statement is wrong? I mean, I could just acquiesce this point and amend my original comment, and you would be totally f'd. You're trying to play the long game, hoping that I overextend and then use some sort of deflection on me.

So, asking questions is being a "dickbag" while arguing for more intervention in the world. WWTJD (What Would Thomas Jefferson Do).

I'm not sure how "power needs to be felt on the world stage", it seems like that was the beginning of the downfall. I mean, who wouldn't want to rob the common baker on the street to make tanks for a war in which we really didn't need to fight.

BTW: Who gives a f*** about ISIS? That's a third world s***-hole problem. We'll never solve that issue. Those backwards retard Arabs have been fighting since civilization started.

We're a better influence on the world than China. They're trying to make inroads in Africa, South America, Europe, etc. If they gain leverage in those areas, that's not a good thing. They're response to Silver's statement on his defense of the Rocket's GM is all anyone needs to know.

I don't support needless war. I do support the 'Pax Americana' so to speak.

So, you can make an initial statement, and nobody can ask you why that statement is wrong? I mean, I could just acquiesce this point and amend my original comment, and you would be totally f'd. You're trying to play the long game, hoping that I overextend and then use some sort of deflection on me.
Why would someone ask me why my statement is wrong? Obviously I don't think it's wrong. I'm feeling really bad about embarrassing you in this conversation. I apologize again. Hopefully your embarrassment doesn't stop you from posting here about topics that you might be right about. You're a wonderful poster, so don't take your embarrassment personally.

Reactions: strummingram
Why would someone ask me why my statement is wrong? Obviously I don't think it's wrong. I'm feeling really bad about embarrassing you in this conversation. I apologize again. Hopefully your embarrassment doesn't stop you from posting here about topics that you might be right about. You're a wonderful poster, so don't take your embarrassment personally.

So, we're playing the "word game"...So, why was your statement right? ;)

We're a better influence on the world than China. They're trying to make inroads in Africa, South America, Europe, etc. If they gain leverage in those areas, that's not a good thing. They're response to Silver's statement on his defense of the Rocket's GM is all anyone needs to know.

I don't support needless war. I do support the 'Pax Americana' so to speak.

Yeah, that's not exactly a "classic liberal" position. If you want me to explain further, I would be happy to do that. However, I suggest you go to bed at this point.

Yeah, that's not exactly a "classic liberal" position. If you want me to explain further, I would be happy to do that. However, I suggest you go to bed at this point.

Being liberal and supporting American interests overseas are not mutually exclusive.

But clearly you're too stupid to understand this, you giant waste of space. Is it your job in life to be a gigantic asshole? Or are you capable of thought beyond what your avatar tells you?

My guess is no. See yourself out.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Being liberal and supporting American interests overseas are not mutually exclusive.

But clearly you're too stupid to understand this, you giant waste of space. Is it your job in life to be a gigantic asshole? Or are you capable of thought beyond what your avatar tells you?

My guess is no. See yourself out.

Not liberal, classic liberal. Look it up and get back to me.

Classical liberalism focuses largely on free markets and therefore any kind of war hinders growth and prosperity. But I didn't say I supported war did I? Just American influence abroad. Way to split hairs. Nice try.

Oh, this is rich. So, what is "American influence abroad?" I can't wait to hear this explanation.

Edit: I'm baiting you (again), just in case you don't know, but I know you have no answer to random comments on a message board.

Last edited:
It's so easy to "bait" people who have no real convictions (or arguments). I guess this is why 4-Chan is so popular. The "left" has lost the ability to think critically. Trump wins, the House turns Republican, and the Senate stays Republican.

Is this good or bad? I don't know. However, it's the reality of our country.

"Reality"...It's something that some of you might find useful.

So, we're playing the "word game"...So, why was your statement right? ;)
Well, words do matter. That's what started this whole thing. You didn't like my choice of words. Why do you think my statement is wrong? If I didn't know any better I would think you didn't actually have this evidence you say you have. You would never do something like that though. I'm sure once you log back on today, you will provide us with the evidence and show everyone how right you are and why you are a top five poster here.

@NoleSoup4U ,

A bit of advice, @tarheel0910 is trolling you. He doesn’t care about the topic at hand. He’s simply trying to argue with you and then giggle about it with a few others. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of engaging.
Of course I care about the topic. I genuinely want to know why my statement is wrong. Obviously I don't want to go around thinking @heelmanwilm isn't pretty much down the middle if he isn't. I'm always open to learning more. Especially from @NoleSoup4U and you as well. You are always so enlightening.

@NoleSoup4U ,

A bit of advice, @tarheel0910 is trolling you. He doesn’t care about the topic at hand. He’s simply trying to argue with you and then giggle about it with a few others. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of engaging.
tenor.gif

@NoleSoup4U ,

@NoleSoup4U,

Word to the wise, @gunslingerdick is part of those "few others." I'd be concerned about who's offering you advice here. You might be getting set up!

My 2 cents is that RH actually is completely down the middle. Heelman is down the middle, and may even lean slightly right on some issues. The one exception being anything related to Trump. He seems to have been drinking the BillyL/Lyles Derangement Kool-Aid on anything involving Don - but that's about it.

Last edited:
No discussion on China banning South Park for calling them out on censorship (that episode was hilarious btw).

Or how the NBA is backpedaling faster than NFL corners trying to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to them?

No discussion on China banning South Park for calling them out on censorship (that episode was hilarious btw).

Or how the NBA is backpedaling faster than NFL corners trying to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to them?
Doesn't seem like the NBA is backpedaling at all unless something happened this morning that I don't know about. China was pretty upset at Silver's response.

Doesn't seem like the NBA is backpedaling at all unless something happened this morning that I don't know about. China was pretty upset at Silver's response.

Ya, they backpedaled and then backpedaled off their backpedal (so frontpedaled?). They're trying to play both sides, while they're losing sponsors, which is the best part.

This is making China and the NBA look bad - so a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Ya, they backpedaled and then backpedaled off their backpedal (so frontpedaled?). They're trying to play both sides, while they're losing sponsors, which is the best part.

This is making China and the NBA look bad - so a win-win as far as I'm concerned.
So Silver said he shouldn't have said it to start with? I haven't really been following this, so I don't know the sequence of events. All I know is that someone said something about HK and China isn't happy with Silver saying he has a right to express his opinion.

So Silver said he shouldn't have said it to start with? I haven't really been following this, so I don't know the sequence of events. All I know is that someone said something about HK and China isn't happy with Silver saying he has a right to express his opinion.

The initial NBA response was this:

EGPIDKxWkAU4_ZA

Silver even partially acknowledges that he's backpedaling in the beginning of their second response, which can be found along with a good synopsis of the events in this deadspin article: https://deadspin.com/adam-silver-issues-statement-meant-to-appease-everybody-1838874673

Reactions: tarheel0910
The initial NBA response was this:

EGPIDKxWkAU4_ZA

Silver even partially acknowledges that he's backpedaling in the beginning of their second response, which can be found along with a good synopsis of the events in this deadspin article: https://deadspin.com/adam-silver-issues-statement-meant-to-appease-everybody-1838874673
Not sure if I would call that backpedaling. The first statement was just basically a non statement. They were trying to be as vague and PC as possible so they didn't piss off anyone. The second statement was a little more direct because of some backlash they were trying to avoid to begin with. I see your point though.

So if trumps impeached and kicked out whats the guarantee that he wouldnt just use pence as a puppet? I dont like him and as such part of me would enjoy impeachment but really what good does it do? He can still be reelected barring a separate senate vote banning him.

So if trumps impeached and kicked out whats the guarantee that he wouldnt just use pence as a puppet? I dont like him and as such part of me would enjoy impeachment but really what good does it do? He can still be reelected barring a separate senate vote banning him.
The funniest thing (although not the best outcome for the country) that could possibly happen is Trump gets thrown out in the late summer, gets pardoned by Pence for any possible crimes, tells the GOP to GFY by running as an independent in the 2020 election and then wins again. Hollywood couldn't write a more ridiculous story than that.

The funniest thing (although not the best outcome for the country) that could possibly happen is Trump gets thrown out in the late summer, gets pardoned by Pence for any possible crimes, tells the GOP to GFY by running as an independent in the 2020 election and then wins again. Hollywood couldn't write a more ridiculous story than that.

Omg that election would be epic. It would prob guarantee a dem victory since the gop vote would split but the possibility is hilarious.

Reactions: tarheel0910
My 2 cents is that RH actually is completely down the middle. Heelman is down the middle, and may even lean slightly right on some issues. The one exception being anything related to Trump. He seems to have been drinking the BillyL/Lyles Derangement Kool-Aid on anything involving Don - but that's about it.
Me and BillyL sawTrump for what he is from the get go.....

So it's a bit of a debate on whether he would be eligible to run again. The Constitution doesn't implicitly state he can't, but Hamilton's discussion on impeachment suggests that he should not be able to run again.

Something about taking the Oath of office when you've already been convicted of breaking that oath seems dirty to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT