ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I’d actually like to get Rich’s real views on the subject. He likes trolling too much for me to take him seriously in this thread haha.

You know I will answer seriously and respectfully when the person on the other side is doing the same. What do you want to know? How I feel about the administration's response to Coronavirus threat?

Pretty much.

Gotcha. Well, I think the President's job is to be positive and not scare the crap out of everyone without due cause and I think that is what he is doing. I'm not sure if this will be a problem for the US (nor is anyone else), but we should assume that it will be and figure out how to best isolate those who have tested positive and make sure that those who are at high risk know how to best keep themselves from being exposed.

What would you like to see Trump (or any president) do in this situation given these circumstances?

Reactions: nctransplant
I’m not a democrat yet he’s a repub politician. So it’s your troll game that’s sorely lacking here.

This has nothing to do with anyone being a democrat or a republican or a strummingram. This has to do with people who support Trump versus those who have lost any ability to function rationally with regards to the President.

But I have now produced for you, on record, a Medical Doctor experienced in epidemiology who says the President is kicking ass yet again. Your only response is to wonder about his political affiliation. Trump has reduced you to this:

3ktsmn.jpg

Big pharma getting close to treatment getting FDA approval. You know, the big pharma companies that Bernie thinks are the devil. Took them 30 days of innovation for a drug that will potentially nip this thing right away. Who knows how many lives this will save.

But yeah, these guys are evil.

Exactly. I think we can all be glad they had some profits laying around to reinvest into the business to find a solution to the problem.

And they didn't pursue a cure out of the goodness of their own hearts, they did it to earn even more profits. You take that away from them, and they would've said "figure it out on your own".

Reactions: tarheel0910
This thing is just a bad cold... I believe. It's not the 1300's where the Black Plague is sweeping the countryside and bodies are swollen with bubo sores, then are putrefying in piles everywhere and we have to start putting flowers in our pockets.

Exactly. I think we can all be glad they had some profits laying around to reinvest into the business to find a solution to the problem.

And they didn't pursue a cure out of the goodness of their own hearts, they did it to earn even more profits. You take that away from them, and they would've said "figure it out on your own".
Yeah... cuz they won't get it. Only we will.

ETA: They must laugh at Jonas Salk. "That sucker! He just gave it away!"

I
This has nothing to do with anyone being a democrat or a republican or a strummingram. This has to do with people who support Trump versus those who have lost any ability to function rationally with regards to the President.

But I have now produced for you, on record, a Medical Doctor experienced in epidemiology who says the President is kicking ass yet again. Your only response is to wonder about his political affiliation. Trump has reduced you to this:

3ktsmn.jpg

I’m not wondering about jack shit. Can you google? Lol. No you produced a repub politician that’s claiming democrats are unfairly criticizing trump and you assert that applies to me. Which is a lie. But if you want to point out ONE SINGLE THING about pence i posted that’s incorrect then by all means bring it and let’s see who’s “rational”.

Gotcha. Well, I think the President's job is to be positive and not scare the crap out of everyone without due cause and I think that is what he is doing. I'm not sure if this will be a problem for the US (nor is anyone else), but we should assume that it will be and figure out how to best isolate those who have tested positive and make sure that those who are at high risk know how to best keep themselves from being exposed.

What would you like to see Trump (or any president) do in this situation given these circumstances?

Well I’d like him to act a bit more coherent. I know he’s not supposed to ‘scare’ people but he can’t downplay it just for the sake of keeping the market up. This may take awhile to bounce back from.

I also hope he requests more money to combat this.

how about appointing someone knowledgeable about science and medicine to head a task force. Crazy talk huh? Maybe someone that doesn’t think dinosaurs were on the ark perhaps? Lmfao!!!! Oh but that’s Just irrational Democrat blathering fed by media lies no doubt. Lol.

I

I’m not wondering about jack shit. Can you google? Lol. No you produced a repub politician that’s claiming democrats are unfairly criticizing trump and you assert that applies to me. Which is a lie. But if you want to point out ONE SINGLE THING about pence i posted that’s incorrect then by all means bring it and let’s see who’s “rational”.

You seem angry. And here I was about to believe you that my troll game wasn't up to standard.

Well I’d like him to act a bit more coherent. I know he’s not supposed to ‘scare’ people but he can’t downplay it just for the sake of keeping the market up. This may take awhile to bounce back from.

I also hope he requests more money to combat this.
He is convinced that if the stock market is doing well, then he is a good president.

how about appointing someone knowledgeable about science and medicine to head a task force. Crazy talk huh? Maybe someone that doesn’t think dinosaurs were on the ark perhaps? Lmfao!!!! Oh but that’s Just irrational Democrat blathering fed by media lies no doubt. Lol.
Pence's responsibilities are to inform the administration as to what is going on and facilitate communication. I think you believe he has a lab coat in a bio lab somewhere.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Seems like we are in a bad position then. I guess we can either pay the man or get sick.

I vote for paying the man then.

Of course you do! You're seeing the small picture. The "man" is preoccupied with making a profit rather than making people healthy. He gets sick as well because no one was willing to pay him for a cure. What a sick species... pun intended.

this guy thinks your troll game needs work

How about this guy Cassidy? He seems knowledgeable.

He is convinced that if the stock market is doing well, then he is a good president.

I think he probably looks at other things too like:
  • new trade deals
  • getting out of Bush-Obama wars
  • appointing judges
  • increasing wages and employment, especially for minorities
  • and many others which even benefits people who would cut off their noses to spite their faces

Reactions: nctransplant
Yeah... cuz they won't get it. Only we will.

Of course you do! You're seeing the small picture. The "man" is preoccupied with making a profit rather than making people healthy. He gets sick as well because no one was willing to pay him for a cure. What a sick species... pun intended.

A company could make a vaccine and only give it to themselves if they wanted to. So they'd be ok. But if YOU want it, you'll have to pay them for it, since you didn't make it. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I'm sure you don't give the guitars you make away for free. And if you do, you're a pretty shitty buisnessman.

Tell you what @heelman. I will bet you $100 right now that you can't produce a single piece of proof that shows that Mike Pence thinks the Earth is 5000 years old. Please note that quotes from a speech in 2002 claiming that the God created the Earth do not show that Pence believes the Earth is 5000 years old.

Time to put up or shut up, ol' boy.

A company could make a vaccine and only give it to themselves if they wanted to. So they'd be ok. But if YOU want it, you'll have to pay them for it, since you didn't make it. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I'm sure you don't give the guitars you make away for free. And if you do, you're a pretty shitty buisnessman.
God Bless America!

Guitars are luxury items, dude. If they cured a disease, and people were dying? Yes, I would give them away and wouldn't give two shits about my fvcking bank account.

Tell you what @heelman. I will bet you $100 right now that you can't produce a single piece of proof that shows that Mike Pence thinks the Earth is 5000 years old. Please note that quotes from a speech in 2002 claiming that the God created the Earth do not show that Pence believes the Earth is 5000 years old.

Time to put up or shut up, ol' boy.

@heelmanwilm just making sure you saw this, since you are so concerned about facts and people lying and all that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT