ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

To have to resort to faggit is interesting.

Yeah - maybe the jokes on me. I (try) to act here like I would if I were talking to someone face to face. My first thought is most people also try but after seeing some of these poasts I'm starting to think I've been punked and everyone on here is "an entertainer" or "playing a character" saying whatever dumb-ass thing they like just for effect. At least I hope they don't believe half the stuff they say.

CC

Reactions: strummingram
Yeah - maybe the jokes on me. I (try) to act here like I would if I were talking to someone face to face. My first thought is most people also try but after seeing some of these poasts I'm starting to think I've been punked and everyone on here is "an entertainer" or "playing a character" saying whatever dumb-ass thing they like just for effect. At least I hope they don't believe half the stuff they say.

CC

We aren't Justin Trudeau, buddy.

Reactions: tarheel0910
@CanuckChuck seems like a good guy, he's just sometimes misguided. It's to be expected from a Canadian. The CC thing is weird though.

TH0910

Hey I just started reading this part of the thread. I don't even think I've commented yet.

Lived down east for 25 years (Havelock/Greenville) then Raleigh for 5 more. I know a little about race but this not a subject worth typing about, more a conversation to be had in person.

CC - shorter than typing CanuckChuck - that's weird?

I like how someone who lives in lilly white Canada is trying to preach to us about skin color.

I like how one comment - just stating a fact and not directed at anyone is "preaching".

See my previous comment about being a lilly white Canuck (but ignore the part where I don't remember commenting). I'm also old and probably suffer from short term memory loss.

CC

If you look to your left, you'll see your screen name. That indicates that you are the poster. Just seems kinda redundant to put CC. If you like the CC, you could put it in your signature, so you don't always have to type it.

Just habit I guess. Probably started when stuff is quoted and re-quoted people can lose track of who said what. Leftover from the old r.s.f.c days.

CC

Reactions: tarheel0910
Hey, they can always go back to Africa and be with "their people".

Dennis Leary had a great comment about this: "Life sucks, get a f***ing helmet."
Yeah... you've completely convinced me how wrong I was. Or, you and Denis have, I should say.

I prefer Chris Rock's take on it: "No white person would change places with me, and I'm rich!"

The video of the white kids wearing maga hats and shirts from a private christian school taunting american indians and yelling “build the wall” while on a field trip in dc pretty much sums up the present political climate perfectly.

The video of the white kids wearing maga hats and shirts from a private christian school taunting american indians and yelling “build the wall” while on a field trip in dc pretty much sums up the present political climate perfectly.
Yeah... I saw that. I thought it was a Catholic school group from Covington, KY. I realize Catholics are Christians-Patient-Zero, but often times Christian is separate from Catholicism in American vernacular.

Buncha kids doing dumb kid shit that they'll probably regret later in life:

Wow. I mean really, wow. But knowing you feel this is true makes your other comments on the subject make more sense.

If I thought there was a debt that couldn’t be repaid, I’d probably feel just about anything is justified too.
Do you think that the suffering of the Holocaust has been repaid?

It's obviously an intangible, a feeling. There's no actual dollar amount. It's figurative language that tries to convey a feeling.

Wow. I mean really, wow. But knowing you feel this is true makes your other comments on the subject make more sense.

If I thought there was a debt that couldn’t be repaid, I’d probably feel just about anything is justified too.

The whole deal has turned into a debt that can never be repaid by white American males. No matter what we do, it’s never enough. No matter how much we give, it’s never enough. No point in even playing that game.

It's obviously an intangible, a feeling. There's no actual dollar amount. It's figurative language that tries to convey a feeling.

Exactly and it’s a language used to keep the other side on the defensive. Unfortunately for you, y’all have overplayed your hand.

Black people and minorities have all the same rights as White people. But as @tarheel0910 asked, do they have the same opportunities? I’d say no. They have to work much harder.

How many of you would be ok if your daughter brought home a black guy..? I’ve asked that question to many who claimed things were equal and received some interesting answers.

Do you think that the suffering of the Holocaust has been repaid?

I don’t think there’s anything that the nazis could have possibly done to make whole the Jews who were put in concentration camps. I don’t think there’s anything that slave holders could have done to make whole the slaves they had.

But I don’t think present day Germans owe anything to present day Jews. I don’t think present day Protestants owe anything to present day Catholics, and I don’t think present day whites owe anything to present day blacks.

It’s sort of a “Am I my brother’s keeper?” type argument. Why should someone have to atone for the actions of their great grandfather? Why should someone get something because their great grandfather got treated horribly? My ancestors came to this country in the early 1900s, well after slavery, and certainly didn’t have the money to own them even if they were earlier. In fact, they were the ones that couldn’t get jobs because of the “Irish need not apply” policies. Yet, I’m supposed to repay a debt I not only wasn’t involved in, but have no lineage to either, because I look more like the slave owners than I do the slaves?

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
Black people and minorities have all the same rights as White people. But as @tarheel0910 asked, do they have the same opportunities? I’d say no. They have to work much harder.

How many of you would be ok if your daughter brought home a black guy..? I’ve asked that question to many who claimed things were equal and received some interesting answers.

I couldn't possibly care less if my daughters dated a black guy or a black woman for that matter (actually, one of my daughters is dating a Vietnamese guy. I like him a lot). Just want my kids to be happy.

And no, black people don't have the same opportunities. They have different opportunities. And they may have to work harder, or they may not have to work as hard. Depends on the particular opportunity which is being pursued.

I couldn't possibly care less if my daughters dated a black guy or a black woman for that matter (actually, one of my daughters is dating a Vietnamese guy. I like him a lot).

Just want my kids to be happy.
Good for you. Many don’t share your views.

That's fine. They don't have to share my views.

Also, read the edited poast you quoted.
Agreed. But overall opportunities are more limited for minorities than non-minorities.

However, minorities should understand that they have it way better than any previous time in our history. So while they do have a point, they need to understand that their grandparents literally could drink from specified water fountains.

I personally believe in accountability and making the most of the bad you are dealt. But I also can admit that some have it easier than others.

But overall opportunities are more limited for minorities than non-minorities.

I'm not sure I agree with this. It is easier to get into college, especially a top college, if you are black. It is easier to get a job if you are black. It is harder to be fired if you are black. You are much more likely to be successful at sports and entertainment (music) if you are black.

Did Bezos and Gates have an advantage because they are white? Or did they have an advantage because they had a good idea?

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
Yeah... I saw that. I thought it was a Catholic school group from Covington, KY. I realize Catholics are Christians-Patient-Zero, but often times Christian is separate from Catholicism in American vernacular.

Buncha kids doing dumb kid shit that they'll probably regret later in life:

Course the magas are claiming the video is “heavily edited” and doesnt show how the indian “aggressively approached the high schoolers” who chose to “stand their ground” rather than move. Smfh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT