ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

It's also a sign of nervousness or a response to fear.

But the kids didn't invite them over to be harrassed while they waited for their bus.

The kid was already there, the adult walked over to him and raised the drum up to his face. The mallet was being moved within inches of his face. The kid never threatened him once. Im sure you've responded to calls where people got knocked the fug out for doing things much less threatening. I'd say he showed pretty good restraint for a teenager.

I'd point to my previous replies here and just say none of this ever gets started if adults act like adults.
We will agree to disagree; I also agree with the assessment of if the hats aren't being worn this is a nonstory it's a shame that this the new media smh

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Is that not the case? There is a huge segment of the society that perceives those red hats with MAGA as a racist "symbol."

As St. George says: "I leave symbols for symbol-minded." But, it is a reality and it doesn't seem to be going away.

I can say that I have NEVER personally seen anyone in my presence wearing one. And, I live in Trump's wet-dream land. I've never seen a single MAGA hat being worn.
f8fd920b-7a12-4d35-86da-25ddb3565d90_text_hi.gif

It's also a sign of nervousness or a response to fear.

I looked for nervousness and fear; none was present otherwise I would have said oh clearly the kid was nervous and worried about what may happen... that was not what his facial expressions or body language said... there were some kids laughing nervously like what is about to happen here... now those kids you could say were scared about what was happening.

But the kids didn't invite them over to be harrassed while they waited for their bus.

Let me I set underneath I hope this is ok... while I dont agree some would say they invited conflict with their choice of attire... the hats

The kid was already there, the adult walked over to him and raised the drum up to his face. The mallet was being moved within inches of his face. The kid never threatened him once. Im sure you've responded to calls where people got knocked the fug out for doing things much less threatening. I'd say he showed pretty good restraint for a teenager.

What he did is a well known tactic like it, or not that's what it was. I think the elder showed restraint by not accidently hitting his jaw with the mallet... tomatoes, tamotoes.

I'd point to my previous replies here and just say none of this ever gets started if adults act like adults.

Again this should have been a nonissue but our media makes mountains of mole hills...

This is the video I watched. From the beginning thebtaunting is going from the beginning the mockery of another persons ethnicity is going. At the about the 2:07 mark you see the knuckle popping and neck stretching starting. The kids are feeding off each other looking for one person to make a move and it was sad
That kid and David Hogg have some very punchable faces

Again this should have been a nonissue but our media makes mountains of mole hills...
It's funny that we detected completely different emotions from the kids facial expressions. The kid cracking his knuckles in no way seemed like he was angry or threatening. So yeah, we will have to disagree there.

I'd agree with you that it is not at all ok that someone attacks another over their choice of apparel. Which seems to be what precipitated this event.

As far as swinging things within inches of someone's face being a "well known tactic," a well known response to that is to tote an ass beating. And I wouldn't count on a kid having been in the protest game long enough to know and read someone coming physically close to striking him as non-threatening.

It's funny that we detected completely different emotions from the kids facial expressions. The kid cracking his knuckles in no way seemed like he was angry or threatening. So yeah, we will have to disagree there.

I'd agree with you that it is not at all ok that someone attacks another over their choice of apparel. Which seems to be what precipitated this event.

As far as swinging things within inches of someone's face being a "well known tactic," a well known response to that is to tote an ass beating. And I wouldn't count on a kid having been in the protest game long enough to know and read someone coming physically close to striking him as non-threatening.
Agreed... this has been a good back and forth I rather enjoyed it

Argue with yourself.

I'm not sure I follow. You said that you think might makes right is terrible, yet you accept it as long as people are using it to push an agenda of which you agree. The Income Tax wouldn't be valid without the might of the US government. The Income Tax is modern day serfdom that crushes the economic freedoms of US citizens.

Hell, even pro-liberty policies take the might of the people to back them up. Sometimes you have to fight for your liberties.

I'm not sure I follow. You said that you think might makes right is terrible, yet you accept it as long as people are using it to push an agenda of which you agree. The Income Tax wouldn't be valid without the might of the US government. The Income Tax is modern day serfdom that crushes the economic freedoms of US citizens.

Hell, even pro-liberty policies take the might of the people to back them up. Sometimes you have to fight for your liberties.
I have never accepted or advocated might makes right as long as people are using it to push an agenda that I agree with. That's something you decided to attach to me- that I accept it.

I agree, the Income Tax is a human pawn ticket.

Most importantly, we don't have "rights", we have privileges. Rights are figments of human imagination. Most everything is a figment, actually. But, rights... no, we have no rights. We have privileges.

And, if you have to fight and kill for "rights" then I'm not sure they're rights. It's archaic thought. Ultimately, the wealthy actually set-down the rules. Over the centuries, enlightened thought has grown into the culture and you see it all the time. But, if force is what imposes morality and rules, then it's not worth doing much more than watching it all play-itself-out.

I have never accepted or advocated might makes right as long as people are using it to push an agenda that I agree with. That's something you decided to attach to me- that I accept it.

I agree, the Income Tax is a human pawn ticket.

Most importantly, we don't have "rights", we have privileges. Rights are figments of human imagination. Most everything is a figment, actually. But, rights... no, we have no rights. We have privileges.

And, if you have to fight and kill for "rights" then I'm not sure they're rights. It's archaic thought. Ultimately, the wealthy actually set-down the rules. Over the centuries, enlightened thought has grown into the culture and you see it all the time. But, if force is what imposes morality and rules, then it's not worth doing much more than watching it all play-itself-out.

How do rights exist if there's no "iron in the glove"? Not everyone refrains from killing others "just because". Whether you like it or not, might makes right rules the world. Without it you have total anarchy.

How do rights exist if there's no "iron in the glove"? Not everyone refrains from killing others "just because". Whether you like it or not, might makes right rules the world. Without it you have total anarchy.
Signed,

Anarcho-capitalist turned neo-con.

Reactions: uncboy10
I just find it interesting on many fronts considering its a private christian school and the events of the weekend. Are you not entertained?
I guess. I just wasn't sure what you were trying to say, because I think you're smart enough to know there's nothing racist about that picture.

Signed,

Anarcho-capitalist turned neo-con.

Even anarcho-capitalism needs a way to enforce the few laws it has. Might makes right has nothing to do with a person's beliefs, it only refers to the medium from which you implement laws. Let me put it this way. We have a law against murder in this country. How effective will that law be without people to enforce it? The laws you believe in defines your political positions. How you implement those laws does not. All laws need the threat of force behind them, or they aren't laws at all. They're only requests.

Even anarcho-capitalism needs a way to enforce the few laws it has. Might makes right has nothing to do with a person's beliefs, it only refers to the medium from which you implement laws. Let me put it this way. We have a law against murder in this country. How effective will that law be without people to enforce it? The laws you believe in defines your political positions. How you implement those laws does not. All laws need the threat of force behind them, or they aren't laws at all. They're only requests.

So authoritarian...

Reactions: strummingram
Have you people ever listened to Bill Burr talk about how women argue? I feel like I've just gone through that with @uncboy10 and @strummingram. ;)

However, like the great Bill Burr, I just let them punch themselves out while taking a knee, Tom Brady style!!! :D

#unflappable
#victoryformation

NSFW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT