ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

My stance is that target will have no long term issue. If you said otherwise in one of the books you wrote, then I can promise you that you didn't show anything.

here's what you said...

It puzzles me why people think a few days of gay pride celebration means people are grooming children. All this gay pride shit and drag shows have been going on for decades. For some reason people started freaking out about it all of a sudden. Not sure exactly what triggered it. What I do know is Target will be fine. Especially with the summer months coming up and people buying stuff for vacation.

It seems your Target comment was not the gist of what you were conveying. Maybe it's just me. But at any rate, the bolded is mainly what I was addressing.

Reactions: Heelicious
Did you bring some gold? I want that baby to sparkle! All I have is this myrrh. I thought a fragrant gum resin perfume would be just fabulous to bring to the baby! It's the bee's knees, honey!
lol and there it is, right on time....the usual predictably obnoxious foolishness instead of any response to the meat of the matter. You could almost set your watch by it.

Reactions: Archer2
lol and there it is, right on time....the usual predictably obnoxious foolishness instead of any response to the meat of the matter. You could almost set your watch by it.
I addressed it directly. You just ignored it.
Men, with their endless sexual insecurities, and ignorance (shame, guilt, and repressed fear thrown in for good measure) is clearly much more healthy for kids to learn and mimic!

By the way, the meat of the matter is just a bunch of old white guys getting their dicks in a wad because they heard on their favorite conservative media source that they were being threatened somehow by fairies, queers, faggs, immigrants, or some other sub-humans that are posing constant threat to them. If you detach, or unplug, from those propaganda machines you might be a little more content in life.

Last edited:
here is the long and the short of the philosophical difference between left and right, just as I have said here a number of times.

The right seems dumb to the left for being so basic, but the left is dumb for NOT being so intrinsically basic. You can't cancel human nature, you have to harness it with all its seeming flaws (that aren't actually flaws in any real sense) and work with it to our advantage. Fighting it and/or acting like it doesn't exist with the animalistic and self-serving character of it, is counterproductive to achieving what we want and need to achieve.

Liberals, PLEASE stop trying to make our existence some sort of la-la land where everybody has everything and we can live forever if we'll just wear those masks. It ain't gonna happen, and in the meantime your efforts are fvcking our society up.

Right up to the point that Maher espouses his liberalism, I have to say I've come to admire his common sense, spot on take on almost everything.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I addressed it directly. You just ignored it.
you made a typical stupid joke out of me sarcastically referring to you as a wise man. That wasn't in any way the meat of the matter, and I ignored nothing.

By the way, the meat of the matter is just a bunch of old white guys getting their dicks in a wad because they heard on their favorite conservative media source that they were being threatened somehow by fairies, queers, faggs, immigrants, or some other people that are posing constant threat to them. If you detach, or unplug, from those propaganda machines you might be a little more content in life.
and this ostrich's POV of yours is exactly what I demonstrated to be ridiculous. You have to ignore the graph I provided and you have to pretend that Bud Light (for example) has always used queerness to promote their product. You can now kindly...and oh so smugly...stick your head back in the sand....where it probably belongs.

59585763.jpg

here's what you said...

It seems your Target comment was not the gist of what you were conveying. Maybe it's just me. But at any rate, the bolded is mainly what I was addressing.
I started talking about the target situation before that. That comment was in relation to the target comment. Seems like we wasted each other's time since we were addressing different things.

I see "bee's knees, honey" and think of this. Been a long week.

Ingredients​

• 2 ounces gin
  • 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1/2 ounce honey syrup
  • Garnish: lemon twist
I do exactly this with whiskey instead of gin, and real honey instead of honey syrup. I visited your link and I am going to have to also try the 'Brown Derby', since I love grapefruit juice.

Reactions: blazers
I started talking about the target situation before that. That comment was in relation to the target comment. Seems like we wasted each other's time since we were addressing different things.
I believe the comment that I replied to stands on its own merits regardless of what it was in reference to, but I will accept that you somehow disagree.

lol, seriously? I'm flabbergasted that even you would ask that.

firefly.gif

But no, it's aliens that have a brand like Bud Light marketing with a tranny just for the entertainment that provides them. They probably made that graph I posted as well.

To the bolded. I knew that card was coming, just didn't know which of you three would be the one to go so lame-o as to play it. Of course gayness that has been suppressed is now being exposed. But in the numbers indicated? And those numbers reflecting not older suppressed gayness coming out, but instead the newest, the gen Z crowd escalating astronomically high? Are you serious or are you just doing your usual lib-minded rationalization?

It's apparent to anyone willing to open his eyes that a culture of queerness is establishing more than just a toehold, and that it is because young people are so highly suggestible, and can't help but see what surrounds them.

It's amazing that you would actually ignore the huge Bud Light fiasco to ask this. Did I mention I'm flabbergasted?
So if you suggest to a hetero boy that he might be gay, he's going to magically be attracted to males?

It doesn't work that way.

did you see Trump's response? it was bizarre and nonsensical. if that was "ammo" he sure didnt use it very well.
I'm not a fan of Trump's mocking and name calling, but his response was hilarious to me. It was certainly good enough to keep his supporters from switching anytime soon.

ETA: To clarify, I mean switching their vote. Not switching sexual preferences because they walked in a target.

So if you suggest to a hetero boy that he might be gay, he's going to magically be attracted to males?

They're terrified that feminization is going to happen, somehow. They're convinced that the female is weak, inferior, incapable of maintaining order. That's what a patriarchal mindset forces. That's why they use the pejoratives of fairy, f***, queer in order to lash out at them, keep them in their place. Their masculinity is constantly threatened.

I'm not a fan of Trump's mocking and name calling, but his response was hilarious to me. It was certainly good enough to keep his supporters from switching anytime soon.

ETA: To clarify, I mean switching their vote. Not switching sexual preferences because they walked in a target.
i agree that his supporters arent switching anytime soon, that's a no-brainer .. but if he doesnt win the nomination, the vast majority of his supporters wont hesitate to get behind RD. their hatred of this horrible Biden economy is going to outweigh any candidate pride.

Reactions: Heelicious
i agree that his supporters arent switching anytime soon, that's a no-brainer .. but if he doesnt win the nomination, the vast majority of his supporters wont hesitate to get behind RD. their hatred of this horrible Biden economy is going to outweigh any candidate pride.
I think Desantis is doing everything in his power to make sure those voters stay home instead. At least it seems like he is. No one wants to vote for a guy who can't even beat a mouse or announce he's running on a shity internet connection.

of course it doesn't work that overly simplistic way that you disingenuously suggest for the sake of appearing to have an argument.

But a suggestible young person living in an atmosphere where you are led to question your gender will more often actually question his or her gender than a kid not so exposed...and once that gender is questioned, a kid dealing with the gender-questioning atmosphere is more likely to decide that his/her biological sex is misplaced. That IS the way it works.

I fall back on Maher again for support in this. He indicates that in California, for example, one is much more likely to converse with parents who will reveal that they happen to have a trans child, than if you converse with parents in Ohio. That indicates that queerness doesn't just appear naturally out of thin air but is often culturally influenced....both in occurrence and in stimulus.

If you try to argue that that only shows a higher degree of acceptance in California, I'll point out that you can't draw any real-world line between acceptance and encouragement. The long and the short of it is, have some common sense and keep kids the fvck away from such a conducive atmosphere.

They're terrified that feminization is going to happen, somehow. They're convinced that the female is weak, inferior, incapable of maintaining order. That's what a patriarchal mindset forces. That's why they use the pejoratives of fairy, f***, queer in order to lash out at them, keep them in their place. Their masculinity is constantly threatened.
lol, they? They're? Who are these that you're so afraid of? You remind me of this long forgotten tune...

I almost upchuck when idiots talk about Trump or Clarence Thomas being corrupt, when they can point to nothing of consequence and while completely ignoring real corruption; the treasonous, sell-your-country-down-the-river kind of corruption.

I think Desantis is doing everything in his power to make sure those voters stay home instead. At least it seems like he is. No one wants to vote for a guy who can't even beat a mouse or announce he's running on a shity internet connection.
riiiiight. like they're going to remember that stuff 16 months from now. there are 5 members of my NC family who voted for Trump in 2016, didnt vote in 2020 and will vote as many times as possible for RD in 2024, if he's the candidate. and i honestly dont think they are the minority. there is no way they'll stay home if they can vote for anyone except Trump over Papaw Biden.

riiiiight. like they're going to remember that stuff 16 months from now. there are 5 members of my NC family who voted for Trump in 2016, didnt vote in 2020 and will vote as many times as possible for RD in 2024, if he's the candidate. and i honestly dont think they are the minority. there is no way they'll stay home if they can vote for anyone except Trump over Papaw Biden.
The Disney case will still be happening and I have no doubt that Trump will tell his supporters to stay home, assuming he doesn't run as a third party. It won't take much. Just a few thousand in the right districts and Biden wins the EC again. Trump has ****ed the party by not staying away.

The Disney case will still be happening and I have no doubt that Trump will tell his supporters to stay home, assuming he doesn't run as a third party. It won't take much. Just a few thousand in the right districts and Biden wins the EC again. Trump has ****ed the party by not staying away.
You have referred to Desantis and the Disney situation or Disney case multiple times as being the reason he is going to fail or won't succeed in his presidential quest. Would you kindly and briefly as you can summarize what you mean by such references? I'd honestly like to know what you see as such a detrimental action by Desantis that is being similarly perceived by the national voting public at large.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
You have referred to Desantis and the Disney situation or Disney case multiple times as being the reason he is going to fail or won't succeed in his presidential quest. Would you kindly and briefly as you can summarize what you mean by such references? I'd honestly like to know what you see as such a detrimental action by Desantis that is being similarly perceived by the national voting public at large.

Thanks in advance.
real OOTB poasters want to know how many fun nicknames Trump will have crafted by the time Rhonda makes it to the primary.

Ron DeSanctimonious was the most creative.
Ron Dishonest = least creative.
My fav is just Rob.

Reactions: bluetoe

Thanks in advance.
It won't be the only reason, but a big one. It helps Trump because of the reasons already mentioned. If he somehow gets past Trump, the court saying he infringed on the first amendment on a national stage is hurtful.

It won't be the only reason, but a big one. It helps Trump because of the reasons already mentioned. If he somehow gets past Trump, the court saying he infringed on the first amendment on a national stage is hurtful.
I disagree. If he's perceived as standing up to the big corporation that's trying to bully and extort its way to special treatment, he could probably violate all of them and still drag in a good many left-leaning undecideds. He just has to take a page from Trump and confidently (but instead, humbly) declare victory in achieving his goal in the face of defeat.

ETA; of course I'm talking more about the national election than the primary, but I also don't necessarily think it would hurt him much in the primary race. Disney isn't as beloved by republicans as Disney characters are.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
This is turrible. Burn it all down.

IRS: Sorry, but It’s Just Easier and Cheaper to Audit the Poor

We have an overly complicated tax system that is supposed to fund our government, it is easy to cheat, but the org to police the system can't do their job due to being underfunded.

Reactions: bluetoe
This is turrible. Burn it all down.

IRS: Sorry, but It’s Just Easier and Cheaper to Audit the Poor

We have an overly complicated tax system that is supposed to fund our government, it is easy to cheat, but the org to police the system can't do their job due to being underfunded.
I can't express how much I agree about our &^%$$#@ tax system. Personal taxes should be no more complicated than what a fifth-grader could handle. There should be a Constitutional amendment asserting that no exemptions be allowed in the tax code (again, for personal taxes) with a few exceptions.

That being said though, the system as it is BEGS to be cheated and manipulated. Instead of hiring 80,000 more IRS agents, why can't we just make the system as straightforward as it should be and spend that money on 80,000 border patrol agents.

Reactions: Archer2 and blazers
I disagree. If he's perceived as standing up to the big corporation that's trying to bully and extort its way to special treatment, he could probably violate all of them and still drag in a good many left-leaning undecideds. He just has to take a page from Trump and confidently (but instead, humbly) declare victory in achieving his goal in the face of defeat.

ETA; of course I'm talking more about the national election than the primary, but I also don't necessarily think it would hurt him much in the primary race. Disney isn't as beloved by republicans as Disney characters are.

Agree. If it's pushback against anything that is encapsulated as "woke", it's a win for Ron. Independents are sick to death of anything "woke". Frankly, it doesn't even need to be woke for real. But if DeSantis' campaign can paint it as such, he will have people jumping on board.

There was a time when businesses did business and shut the f*ck up otherwise. We were all better for it. The hope is that when adults get back in charge, we can maybe get back to the glory days.

That's fine, but you never said what "It" is and what supposedly Desantis has done. That's all I'm asking. Thanks.
You said to keep it short. I replied with infringement on the first amendment. I'm not sure how else to explain it in a short way.

100% disagree that he would get any independent voters from this. He's doing the exact opposite of what the republican party stands for. The page he should have taken is to talk about how horrible Disney is, but don't actually do anything about it. Trump is great at doing things like that. That would have been the right thing to do.

You said to keep it short. I replied with infringement on the first amendment. I'm not sure how else to explain it in a short way.
So, Desantis somehow infringed on Disney's first amendment rights in Florida and you assert that this alleged infringement is going to make a majority of voters from places like Iowa vote for someone else? This is the same Disney that is in the top 1% of super woke companies who make a concerted effort to push their agenda? That's the reason that people won't vote for Desantis? I'd say you are vastly overvaluing the impact of the issue because those limited voters were already not voting for him, nor orange, nor virtually anyone else with an R after their name. Indeed, he may gain voters on that issue because he actually tried to do something. Voters generally don't like the extremes and corporate Disney surely qualifies by almost any definition. For example, I think Desantis is much more vulnerable to attack with the recent abortion law change in Florida when it was moved from 15 weeks to 6.

The page he should have taken is to talk about how horrible Disney is, but don't actually do anything about it. Trump is great at doing things like that. That would have been the right thing to do.
Correct, he should play it like the GOP played the abortion issue for years. They ran as being against abortion until the SC called their bluff.

Correct, he should play it like the GOP played the abortion issue for years. They ran as being against abortion until the SC called their bluff.
Ok, I'll play. The SC said there is no national right to abortion based on the constitution. It is silent on the issue. That's it. How did the SC call their bluff?

So, Desantis somehow infringed on Disney's first amendment rights in Florida and you assert that this alleged infringement is going to make a majority of voters from places like Iowa vote for someone else? This is the same Disney that is in the top 1% of super woke companies who make a concerted effort to push their agenda? That's the reason that people won't vote for Desantis? I'd say you are vastly overvaluing the impact of the issue because those limited voters were already not voting for him, nor orange, nor virtually anyone else with an R after their name. Indeed, he may gain voters on that issue because he actually tried to do something. Voters generally don't like the extremes and corporate Disney surely qualifies by almost any definition. For example, I think Desantis is much more vulnerable to attack with the recent abortion law change in Florida when it was moved from 15 weeks to 6.
It's going to hurt him in the primaries, because it gives Trump ammo. Republicans and Trump voters are irrelevant in the general just like Dems. It's about the middle. Going at Disney by trying to take away their free speech isn't going to appeal to the middle. And the only people that upset at Disney are on the right. You are vastly overrating the people mad at Disney and their so called "wokeness."

The past two elections have literally been decided by less than 100k votes spread out over certain states. Going after Disney will cost him those votes, not gain them. I can already hear Trump telling his voters to stay home instead of voting for a guy who's so weak and dumb he can't even beat a mouse. That's exactly what he's going to do.

It's going to hurt him in the primaries, because it gives Trump ammo. Republicans and Trump voters are irrelevant in the general just like Dems. It's about the middle. Going at Disney by trying to take away their free speech isn't going to appeal to the middle. And the only people that upset at Disney are on the right. You are vastly overrating the people mad at Disney and their so called "wokeness."

The past two elections have literally been decided by less than 100k votes spread out over certain states. Going after Disney will cost him those votes, not gain them. I can already hear Trump telling his voters to stay home instead of voting for a guy who's so weak and dumb he can't even beat a mouse. That's exactly what he's going to do.
We're gonna have to just agree to disagree on this one. I really don't think the middle gives a rat's behind about Disney's free speech being tamped down. On the other hand, I think the middle is into the concept of it's ok or even good to be all inclusive, tolerant, big tented, etc., but it's an entirely different matter to be out there screaming at the top of your lungs to push an agenda - and that's corporate Disney to most people. People just want a great place to take their kids and have entertaining movies. They don't want to be bombarded with messaging or agendas the entire time.

You are right, however, about the swing voters ultimately controlling things. But trump's people, his true people, aren't staying home, they are voting for him and there are those who will be voting for anyone except him. Or, are you exclusively speaking about the general (I had thought you were previously saying Desantis could never beat trump due to Disney)?

We're gonna have to just agree to disagree on this one. I really don't think the middle gives a rat's behind about Disney's free speech being tamped down. On the other hand, I think the middle is into the concept of it's ok or even good to be all inclusive, tolerant, big tented, etc., but it's an entirely different matter to be out there screaming at the top of your lungs to push an agenda - and that's corporate Disney to most people. People just want a great place to take their kids and have entertaining movies. They don't want to be bombarded with messaging or agendas the entire time.

You are right, however, about the swing voters ultimately controlling things. But trump's people, his true people, aren't staying home, they are voting for him and there are those who will be voting for anyone except him. Or, are you exclusively speaking about the general (I had thought you were previously saying Desantis could never beat trump due to Disney)?
The middle, or independents, even some never-Trumpers are probably more concerned with Fiscal matters than social matters. So they probably didn't care much about Disney's messaging in the first place.

I've forgotten what Disney did or said, my assumption is that it was about masking & covid, maybe vaccines, maybe book banning?

So the middle probably don't care about Disney's messaging, but they do see that a) Desantis is trying to cripple a business over speech [big no-no for fiscal conservatives], b) he botched the job badly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT