ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I think he's just lazy about it. He's probably a "skimmer". In fact, if he were a bus boy, he'd hurry over to a table to take the waitress' tip.
I'm not a skimmer and my reading comprehension is fine. I was simply making an observation about how outraged the Trumpies have been today all because Kamala Harris put in a request for some rule changes. I don't see the big deal in that, probably because at this point it's not a big deal. Work it out, candidates, and move on, yeah?

But you guys continually play the Trump-as-the-victim card. You know, how the Democrats cheated during the last election, or how the Democrats cheated by pushing out Biden and bringing in a stronger candidate, or how the Democrats are cheating by trying to redefine the rules for debates . . .

Bunch of crybabies.

Stop using the line? Well, if it's overturned, then yeah. But, it hasn't been overturned and I go back to my original comment:

You gotta marvel at American political theater. One candidate got kicked off the ticket by his party. The other one is awaiting a sentencing in a felony conviction.

And, the two that are finally still running are nit-picking a debate that's just going to be more theater.
One is nit-picking, the other is trying to change the rules.

You must be a lazy reader as well.

No comment on the judges charges of no unanimous votes on any single charge?
Are you trying to get a kiss from me?

kiss.gif

I'm not a skimmer and my reading comprehension is fine. I was simply making an observation about how outraged the Trumpies have been today all because Kamala Harris put in a request for some rule changes. I don't see the big deal in that, probably because at this point it's not a big deal. Work it out, candidates, and move on, yeah?

But you guys continually play the Trump-as-the-victim card. You know, how the Democrats cheated during the last election, or how the Democrats cheated by pushing out Biden and bringing in a stronger candidate, or how the Democrats are cheating by trying to redefine the rules for debates . . .

Bunch of crybabies.
We don't have the benefit of all that JOY right now. Maybe Trump will add JOY to his policies.

Stop using the line? Well, if it's overturned, then yeah. But, it hasn't been overturned and I go back to my original comment:

You gotta marvel at American political theater. One candidate got kicked off the ticket by his party. The other one is awaiting a sentencing in a felony conviction.

And, the two that are finally still running are nit-picking a debate that's just going to be more theater.

Yeah, I get you’re impressed with the political theatre. I’m not as impressed.

But I just wanted to be sure you’ll retract your repeated statements of him being a felon and yada, yada, yada. I just wanted to make sure you’re not going to say that it was some Trump appointed stooge that overturned it or some other nonsense. I’ll be paying attention and quick to remind you once the appeal happens.

Sooo... he has not been found guilty of 34 counts and awaiting sentencing?
There are two phases to a criminal trial. The first is culpability and the second is sentencing. Then, those verdicts and sentences become final only after the running of the appeal period or when one exhausts their possible appeals. In this instance, he's not even finished his initial trial. What I'm telling you is that this "conviction" or finding of guilt WILL be overturned on appeal due to several reversible errors. They are not the kind of errors that are insignificant that had no impact on the jury and would be ignored on appeal. So, you and everyone else in that camp can crow all you want - for now. But, I notice you didn't take me up on my suggestion and you don't seem to be so certain about what's going to happen on appeal.

There are reasons for appeal courts and Merchon is a classic example. Whether it's pure hatred, blind obedience, or partisanship (he can't be that stupid, he just can't), he ran a very poor trial. It will be overturned. Just remember this exchange one day down the road and don't act like this discussion never happened. As to the net impact on the election, who the heck knows.

• Love
Reactions: nctransplant
You never asked a question. You're busy riding the coat-tails of 3 other people I'm trying to actually have an exchange with... you've never been addressed at all.
You must be a lazy reader as well.

No comment on the judges charges of no unanimous votes on any single charge?
The sentence with a question mark is called a question.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
I have to agree with the MAGA's on this one. You agreed to the same terms as the first one and you should honor your word.

There are two phases to a criminal trial. The first is culpability and the second is sentencing. Then, those verdicts and sentences become final only after the running of the appeal period or when one exhausts their possible appeals. In this instance, he's not even finished his initial trial. What I'm telling you is that this "conviction" or finding of guilt WILL be overturned on appeal due to several reversible errors. They are not the kind of errors that are insignificant that had no impact on the jury and would be ignored on appeal. So, you and everyone else in that camp can crow all you want - for now. But, I notice you didn't take me up on my suggestion and you don't seem to be so certain about what's going to happen on appeal.

There are reasons for appeal courts and Merchon is a classic example. Whether it's pure hatred, blind obedience, or partisanship (he can't be that stupid, he just can't), he ran a very poor trial. It will be overturned. Just remember this exchange one day down the road and don't act like this discussion never happened. As to the net impact on the election, who the heck knows.
So he was found guilty? It's just a yes or no. I know you don't like it, I know it's a real bite in the ass that the candidate you're backing is a convicted felon, but that is the case. And the other one got kicked off of his party's ticket because he was too demented.

Finally. That's the first step. You'll get there if you work real hard. You're welcome.
That's real flattering coming from you, the board's #2 dumbass. At least I'm giving you credit for only being #2 behind the board's #1 dumbass, @nctransplant. If the two of you ever teamed up to reinvent the wheel I'm sure it would look something like this:
giphy.gif

That's real flattering coming from you, the board's #2 dumbass. At least I'm giving you credit for only being #2 behind the board's #1 dumbass, @nctransplant. If the two of you ever teamed up to reinvent the wheel I'm sure it would look something like this:
giphy.gif
Wait a minute. You can't leave out poopslinger and blueballs.

Bunch of crybabies.

Why do you keep saying the candidates need to work it out? There is no need to work anything out. Both candidates need to adhere to the original terms.

Why do you keep saying the candidates need to work it out? There is no need to work anything out. Both candidates need to adhere to the original terms.
That's fine, whatever. All I'm saying is that certain members here are getting their panties in a wad perhaps prematurely.

It was just a power play that didn’t work. She yanked his chain to make it look like she’s in control. To his credit to go against his campaign and say he wants open mics now or doesn’t care is the right response. It pretty much defuses the whole thing.

know what drives me crazy? movies, and TV shows never depict actors properly using a shovel if they have to dig in a scene. Those of us that have ever had to dig a hole know you have to press down on the top of the blade with your foot. Yet, they never do that in shows or movies, they hack at the ground just holding on to the handle. Yet a few minutes later, presto a hole big enough to bury a body, dug in the woods through roots and rocks.

Carry on

know what drives me crazy? movies, and TV shows never depict actors properly using a shovel if they have to dig in a scene. Those of us that have ever had to dig a hole know you have to press down on the top of the blade with your foot. Yet, they never do that in shows or movies, they hack at the ground just holding on to the handle. Yet a few minutes later, presto a hole big enough to bury a body, dug in the woods through roots and rocks.

Carry on
8ldq.gif

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Pete Bootyjuice couldn't even manage the mayoral job of a city. He is another DEI hire.
Amen.
When I first read this board around midmorning and noticed the Trump campers and their hair on fire, I thought maybe Kamala was demanding the debate be done underwater and in Swahili.
Reported.

/s
He is lazy. He NEVER answers questions. I guess all Dims are the same.
Dim and Dimmer. There may be a movie there.

DeMoCrAcY my ass. You libs really are becoming the communist party of the USA.

No funny business with the 2020 election at all. That's conspiracy theory shit.

Maybe this year, it's Elon's turn to help the candidate he likes. Uh oh...

• Love

DeMoCrAcY my ass. You libs really are becoming the communist party of the USA.
The party of censorship.
No funny business with the 2020 election at all. That's conspiracy theory shit.

Maybe this year, it's Elon's turn to help the candidate he likes. Uh oh...
And how much time has passed on all this? But Orange is the threat?

The D convention was used as cover for the jobs revision were just short of a million jobs that have previously been claimed just went poof into thin air. There was also this little revision to the "stats" that no one notice because the networks were too busy to address because they were gushing over the joy and hope.

It's also come out, but gone unnoticed regarding the Kamala proposals. Of the few things she's actually talked about, price gauging (her words, not mine) and the assistance to first time home buyers. Her price controls got widely panned by almost everyone, but no one seemed to notice the little detail on the housing.

Without even going into the crazy impact of providing first time home buyers with a "free" 25K, there is the issue of what she really is talking about. Apparently, it's being reported over and over and we all just assumed that what she meant was 25K for first time home buyers. However, what she is really proposing is 25K for first generation homebuyers. Let that distinction sink in for a moment and why it is significant. Noir, we'll allow you extra time.

It means that my kid isn't eligible for assistance in buying her first home because I own mine. It would mean anyone who's parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and onward who ever owned a home would not be eligible. Guess who are first generation homebuyers???????

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT