ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: If We Get Just One...?

If we can only get one, which one would you like most?

• Total voters

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I'm expecting to hear on these guys fairly soon. Hopefully hearing that one of them is coming on board. Not that I wouldn't take more than one, but let's not get too greedy.

Still time for a poll.

Of course no surprise who I voted for (Ingram), now if you asked who I think at this point we more likely to get then I would say Cleveland but Ryan wouldn't shock me, I am not sold either give us what I feel we need and I do feel Ingram could.

Consider our starting front court, including the 3 spot with Ingram, 6'8" 235lbs, 6'8" 235lbs, 6'11" 250. That is a long, strong, physical trio, we should be able to own the boards again with those fellas. Yet on the offensive end we stretch from the 3 and 4 and we have guards that can shoot or make a good decision on a pass. Add Cadeau to that mix and I think we have final 4 level talent. The question becomes what will Hubert do with that talent because he wasted it last season, can Hubert change???

Of course no surprise who I voted for (Ingram), now if you asked who I think at this point we more likely to get then I would say Cleveland but Ryan wouldn't shock me, I am not sold either give us what I feel we need and I do feel Ingram could.

Consider our starting front court, including the 3 spot with Ingram, 6'8" 235lbs, 6'8" 235lbs, 6'11" 250. That is a long, strong, physical trio, we should be able to own the boards again with those fellas. Yet on the offensive end we stretch from the 3 and 4 and we have guards that can shoot or make a good decision on a pass. Add Cadeau to that mix and I think we have final 4 level talent. The question becomes what will Hubert do with that talent because he wasted it last season, can Hubert change???
Each one of those guys would be a good addition.

Ingram may be best for the reasons you give. But I doubt he can give us the outside shooting Hubert wants. Which raises the question whether HD can adjust if Ingram does not shoot better from deep when he gets here. So far he's failed to adjust when Pete underwhelmed, and he failed to adjust when Caleb backslid. For that reson, Ingram may be the most risky of the 3 - simply because if his outside shooting doesn't improve a good bit, I'm not sure Hubert will have a good solution. Dean would. Roy probably would. But we haven't seen Hubert solve that kind of problem yet.

Cormac could be the most reliable outside shooter of the trio, but I'm just not sure he has the size to play SF all the time. We're already short with RJ in, and scrawny with Wilcher in. So that's a reasonable concern, I think. Basically, I'm not sure I want to be playing small ball as much as his addition seems to imply.

Cleveland, meanwhile, has fine size for SF, has a couple years of eligibility, is still getting better, and shoots better than Ingram from deep, while also driving pretty well.

Hubert may only care about winning this year, not building. In which case it's probably Ingram, then Ryan. But if building is also an aim. Cleveland moves to the head of the list, for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT