ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Watch... 2022

Before the season, we had numerous reports of McKoy dominating pick up games. Even Jawad was on social media raving about him. The guys who run IC were projecting McKoy to start at the 3.

Thats one of the reasons they suck. F**K IC/TOS/POS or whatever they are called. That site sucks ass. I wish they would go bankrupt.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Before the season, we had numerous reports of McKoy dominating pick up games. Even Jawad was on social media raving about him. The guys who run IC were projecting McKoy to start at the 3.
You know, I still think McCoy is going to come on strong. Whether he'll start or not, think he'll be in the rotation and do well this year.

We really need to put the pursuit on Patrick Baldwin if he indeed does remove his name from the draft and transfers. Talk about perfect fits.

Reactions: jhaft703
We really need to put the pursuit on Patrick Baldwin if he indeed does remove his name from the draft and transfers. Talk about perfect fits.
I think he probably stays in the draft. He should be a 1st round pick.

Also I'd prefer a guy who doesn't have extensive injury history problems.

Not interested, he has redundant skills already in place and can't help at the 5

Hubert better not sleep on Sweet River Baines. I think the steal in this years portal.

37.1 PTS
8.2 AST
8.1 REB
3.9 STL
67.5 FG%
52.7 3P%

91887-FA0-4-B7-E-46-DD-BF57-0-B032-D26-CDC4.jpg

Puff, Like Cam before him can carry more weight. I never felt like Cam was undersized after he arrived at UNC ( He was at Pitt) and now Puff looks like he can easily play at a bigger size, and Frankly he is a much more aggressive physical player than Cam was. I think he will be fine vs 95 % of the guys he encounters.

is pj hall leaving clemson?
I thought he already left and went to South Carolina ?

I agree with KJ Williams or Matthew Mayer
I would love KJ Williams, but his coach from Murray State did get the LSU gig, so they may have the inside track if he pulls himself from the NBA draft or overseas option. It seems from the ND people that they think Leszewski will remain in the draft and play pro overseas with a deal set if he does not get a call during the NBA draft. Not sure if Williams is considering that as well?

Pete Nance or Matthew Mayer sound like our best bets for a decent Manek replacement. Looking forward to see what Hubert can pull in.
Mayer is very interesting. I don't know much about Nance, but his numbers look like a fit. Good call.

He seems to love blocking shots and dunking! Not a bad pair of skills!

I like Mr. Sharp quite a bit! He is willing to get down in the trenches and protect the rim + rebound AND he goes up strong to finish around the rim. He will learn some post moves/counters pretty quickly and pick up strength!

He seems to love blocking shots and dunking! Not a bad pair of skills!

I like Mr. Sharp quite a bit! He is willing to get down in the trenches and protect the rim + rebound AND he goes up strong to finish around the rim. He will learn some post moves/counters pretty quickly and pick up strength!
As a WKU grad and living in KY, I'm about 45 minutes from Sharp's hometown. This would be a nice addition not just because of his size, but this kid has mobility at the size like you rarely see. Although, I don't believe we will be seeing him in Carolina blue.

You know, I still think McCoy is going to come on strong. Whether he'll start or not, think he'll be in the rotation and do well this year.
He seems to have a good motor and a good attitude. If only he could shoot....

Depending on which numbers you look at he was either the worst shooter on the team last year or second worst ahead of D'Marco.

McKoy seems to have the same issues as Leaky. He needs to increase his confidence and stop pressing! He is a naturally good shooter with nice form; it will eventually happen on the court. He has a high motor and eventually it will be focused enough to translate onto the court! I expect we will see some progression this next season!

McKoy seems to have the same issues as Leaky. He needs to increase his confidence and stop pressing! He is a naturally good shooter with nice form; it will eventually happen on the court. He has a high motor and eventually it will be focused enough to translate onto the court! I expect we will see some progression this next season!
Agree, McCoy will make that kerwin troll look like the idiot we know he is.

Give me Mayer. Love that kid. Nance isn’t a pushover either but I like Mayers game better.
Nance is the better scorer and shooter. Mayer is better suited to defend stretch 4s, and obviously knows how to win a championship.

Whoever we get needs to be a team player, and willing to share minutes with Puff, Styles, and Washington.

Reactions: tarwhiz
It seems like Hubert is making a fairly hard push for Mayer. He fits the profile for the need. There just may be a mullet in our future Tar Heel games.

Random question does anyone know of an athlete entering the portal and deciding to go back to their previous school but get denied by the coach?

Mayer has officially removed his name from the NBA draft, I don't think Nance has yet, but he along with Brady were not among the G League elite camp invitees to get the full NBA combine invite, so I would imagine he will remove his name as well.

Those two seem to be UNC's main targets, so Hubert may get his answers fairly soon.

Mayer has officially removed his name from the NBA draft, I don't think Nance has yet, but he along with Brady were not among the G League elite camp invitees to get the full NBA combine invite, so I would imagine he will remove his name as well.

Those two seem to be UNC's main targets, so Hubert may get his answers fairly soon.
I can't wait.

I'll be delighted with either one.

I'm also happy with our returning class and freshmen. But I'll feel more optimistic if we add one of those guys.

If we land Nance, there could be an added element of interest when we play Duke, because they got PF Ryan Young - who is also from Northwestern. More of an inside player than Nance, but put up comparable numbers to Nance (except from deep, where it looks like Young rarely ventured).

Young has 2 years left, so that could be a pretty good get for Scheyer.

S
If we land Nance, there could be an added element of interest when we play Duke, because they got PF Ryan Young - who is also from Northwestern. More of an inside player than Nance, but put up comparable numbers to Nance (except from deep, where it looks like Young rarely ventured).

Young has 2 years left, so that could be a pretty good get for Scheyer.
This happened last year with the Marquette front court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT