ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (Citadel game)...

[Seth] is not a great jump shooter, he shoots better than he has shown so far but a great jump shooter he isn't right now, that needs to be a big focus for him next off season.
With Seth and Leaky on the floor, we are stronger defensively. But can we afford to have both of them in there at the same time on offense?

A quick look at this season vs last season shows an uptick in Leaky's scoring. 69 points this year vs 30 for the first 11 games he played last year. But that's still only 6.3 ppg.

Until recently, you really couldn't pull Leaky to give Seth more PT because Leaky's replacements were no better on scoring. But if T-Nick can perform against tougher teams, maybe that changes. And, of course, Puff, Styles or Justin might step up, too.

This is one of those times when looking at points per-... numbers may add to the conversation. Focusing on PG and SF options...

PlayerPoints per 40 minutesPoints per 100 possessions
PG Options
Caleb20.1103.8
RJ17.6102.7
Seth9.1103.3
D'Marco10.9108.7
SF Options
Leaky8.0100.8
Puff9.799.3
T-Nick18.1106.7
Dontrez9.2100.9
Justin11.199.0

While I wouldn't want to read too much into those numbers, unless we need defensive stops more than scoring, we might want to swap Leaky for T-Nick when we put Seth in the game.

Interesting....as long as the best scorer on the other team isn't over say 6'6" I say it could work. But if he is bigger, then Seth cannot replace Leaky for anything but short stints in the 3G lineup!

Interesting....as long as the best scorer on the other team isn't over say 6'6" I say it could work. But if he is bigger, then Seth cannot replace Leaky for anything but short stints in the 3G lineup!
On the defensive end seth is going to take the opposing PG most of the time, cut off the head and the snake will die. While we are not as potent offensively with Seth and Leaky on the floor as individual scorers those 2 do play well together and the ball moves for the great shot from the lesser shot attempt. I do not want Leaky camping outside, I want him moving on the offensive end, when Nance rotates outside I want to see leaky working inside setting cross screens for Bacot and posting up his defender.

Seth looks very good, love him. RJ & Caleb are the backcourt they are going to get 30 plus minutes as I thought preseason. Seth is going to spell them and play along side as Hubert likes the 3 together. He will get plenty of time, which he has earned.
I think playing all 3 together vs Ohio State, would be a bad idea. Ohio State plays a lineup of a bunch of 6'5"-6'8" players, meaning all three backcourt spots will have bigger players than ours if we go small. It will be IU all over again with the Bully ball. Seth can hold his own, but Love and Davis will both need to really bring their A games defensively.
Ohio St can be taken advantage of defensively though as well. I think we will need to outscore them Sat.

Reactions: dtodd4475
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT