ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (State game 2)...

The Lunardi anti UNC takes really surprises me. There are over a100 bracket projections tracked by guys with proven multi year track records and Lunardi is in the top 2% of those in having UNC highest as of now among them. The wide consensus is 11 or 12, a bit still as last 4 out, very few 10, and a scant random very few outliers above 10.

If Lunardi is anti UNC in his current 10 seeding then 98% of everyone is much worse. I think we moved down to an 11 in his after yesterday's games anyway, so he may just be a tad higher then almost everyone else. Still not under the average current seed consensus though for sure.
I am not sure where this " Lunardi Rhetoric" that he is down on us comes from either. He had a story on espn.com just a few weeks ago saying if Carolina wins the games they are supposed to win they would get in rather easily. We lost to freaking Pitt at home! Of course his projections for us will go down some, but he still has us higher than most by far.

Reactions: dtodd4475
I am not sure where this " Lunardi Rhetoric" that he is down on us comes from either. He had a story on espn.com just a few weeks ago saying if Carolina wins the games they are supposed to win they would get in rather easily. We lost to freaking Pitt at home! Of course his projections for us will go down some, but he still has us higher than most by far.
Losing to Pitt this year, at home... is inexcusable! That should NEVER have happened. If the Heels aren't in the dance this year, all you need to do is look at that loss!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
There’s nothing better than seeing our guys go in there and silence State. You better believe Roy will be working around the facilities with a big smile on his face tomorrow after the State win Saturday.

Lots of great takeaway’s from the reat of you - a few I had were..

Armando providing the type of defensive presence that he gave Saturday - altering and blocking shots can be a big difference maker to propel us to that ACC tourny final game.

Puff getting that extended time and playing well may prove to be very big for us over the next few weeks. Just last week in the 1:1 intereview that AJ had with Armando, he admitted that the team is not yet comfortable with the rotation outside of the top 5 which was telling. But Puff having the impact he did left an impression on Armando based on his post game comments yesterday. Thiscan be a step in the right direction for the guys knowing they have someone else they can trust outside of the top 5. Having your best player Armando call attention to Puff’s play and them needing more of that from him is important. The next step is now Puff making another positive impact tomorrow vs Cuse.

Even after last year’s loss @ Cuse and 2020’s ACC tourny loss, thinking back to Isaiah Hicks and Brice Johson totally ripping apart the 3-2 up in the Carrier Dome give me sweet, sweet memories. I’m really hoping Hubert doesn’t look too far and takes this one out of Roy’s playbook and attacks it just like he did. Leaky can be a very big difference maker in the middle of that zone, Puff as well and then most certainly Brady working the back part of the zone on the baseline and then flashing to the foul line and working diagonal with Armando. How great of a passer has Brady been this year. Nice to see him silence the critics who said all he could do is shoot and didn’t play with any energy, Brady has been such a blessing to this team and a great get by the staff. He’s shown great chemistry with Armando and starting to more and more click with Caleb as the year has gone on.

Tomorrow is an important one and one I think with Leaky full go on Boeheim that we should come out of it just like the doctor ordered with a win.

There’s nothing better than seeing our guys go in there and silence State. You better believe Roy will be working around the facilities with a big smile on his face tomorrow after the State win Saturday.

Lots of great takeaway’s from the reat of you - a few I had were..

Armando providing the type of defensive presence that he gave Saturday - altering and blocking shots can be a big difference maker to propel us to that ACC tourny final game.

Puff getting that extended time and playing well may prove to be very big for us over the next few weeks. Just last week in the 1:1 intereview that AJ had with Armando, he admitted that the team is not yet comfortable with the rotation outside of the top 5 which was telling. But Puff having the impact he did left an impression on Armando based on his post game comments yesterday. Thiscan be a step in the right direction for the guys knowing they have someone else they can trust outside of the top 5. Having your best player Armando call attention to Puff’s play and them needing more of that from him is important. The next step is now Puff making another positive impact tomorrow vs Cuse.

Even after last year’s loss @ Cuse and 2020’s ACC tourny loss, thinking back to Isaiah Hicks and Brice Johson totally ripping apart the 3-2 up in the Carrier Dome give me sweet, sweet memories. I’m really hoping Hubert doesn’t look too far and takes this one out of Roy’s playbook and attacks it just like he did. Leaky can be a very big difference maker in the middle of that zone, Puff as well and then most certainly Brady working the back part of the zone on the baseline and then flashing to the foul line and working diagonal with Armando. How great of a passer has Brady been this year. Nice to see him silence the critics who said all he could do is shoot and didn’t play with any energy, Brady has been such a blessing to this team and a great get by the staff. He’s shown great chemistry with Armando and starting to more and more click with Caleb as the year has gone on.

Tomorrow is an important one and one I think with Leaky full go on Boeheim that we should come out of it just like the doctor ordered with a win.
Might see Brady work some in the high post as well, as he has fed the high low well as you pointed out. I know his 3 stroke is a potent weapon, but him with the ball in the middle of that zone is a nightmare for them as well.

Funny you mentioned that, as a coach bud and I were talking about that 73-74 team during the game and wondering out loud how painful the current state of State (as it were) has to for those guys.

That is where guys like Lunardi piss me off with his agenda. This year ain't the first time he's tried to insinuate us out of the NCAAT when we were clearly in. Honestly, if the picks were made today I firmly believe we're more likely a 7 then the 10 he assigns us.

Now, with that said, I've expressed concern previously about ending up on that awful 8/9 line, and I think you're right, that would be the most likely destination if we finish the ACCT with 10 losses... UNLESS we beat the dookies Saturday, OR make an ACCT run before taking another loss. In other words, if we can make it to the ACCT Final, I think we'd be safely in at 7.
So you’re saying lunardi is actively campaigning to influence the ncaa selection committee regarding our seeding?

My take on the State game is that they are absolutely awful. Haven't watched State much at all this year, but I expected more than what they showed. Imagine that the movers and shakers in Raleigh are seriously thinking that Keats may not be the answer they were looking for. Forget UNC or Duke, now Forbes at Wake has gotten that program off of the floor and has firmly planted State as the 4th team on tobacco road. But maybe State gives up at this point. The only time they have been relevant over the last few decades they had to be slapped with probation to penalize that success because of their recruiting sins. Now everything is legal. Kind of takes away the only hole card State ever had to play when they got desperate.

ECU and App St beg to differ about Moo being 4th!

But they are clearly talking about moving on from Keatts. I heard a lot of grumbling in the PNC from their fans! When they weren't crying in their beers (love they sell them) they were saying things like, "This ain't UNCW!; Why don't you try coaching some!; Keats has to go!" It would have been funny if it wasn't so sad!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT