ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see where NC State is the favorite to land Jarius Hamilton according to 24/7 Sports. Are the only offers we have for next year that are still open, Dodson, Jarius, Zion, and Romeo? Is it looking like none of those will likely pan out? Any other plans for Roy at the moment for next year's class, or are we just gonna roll with Coby and Leaky?

So I see where NC State is the favorite to land Jarius Hamilton according to 24/7 Sports. Are the only offers we have for next year that are still open, Dodson, Jarius, Zion, and Romeo? Is it looking like none of those will likely pan out? Any other plans for Roy at the moment for next year's class, or are we just gonna roll with Coby and Leaky?
Roy will almost certainly fill the remaining spot --- offers likely to come in this evaluation period, so stay tuned. Also, I do not believe Dodson has a committable offer.

The season is wide open, so RW and company are hitting the road hard right now.
Here are a few names to remember(some you probably already heard of)

1. Matthew Hurt(2019)--Very skilled 6'10 kid *offered*
2. Moses Brown(2018)--7 footer out of NY
3. Miles Norris(2018)---Athletic PF out of Cali
4. Armando Bacot(2019)---Strong PF from talent rich Richmond, Va *May get offered soon*
5. Jabari Abdur Rahim(2020)--6'6 frosh, top 10 in America. Son of former pro.Shareef
6. Isaiah Todd(2020)---7 foot frosh considered the best player in this class.

What are odds on each one, esp I Todd?

Tnx

I was reading an interview today on 24-7 about Bacot and his recruitment. He did go on a visit to Dook. From our side, it that we have been recruiting him. He lists Hu as his main contact. He also did say that he has not really heard from Roy. He seems like a big that would really work in our system.

Reactions: Shandsgator94
I can't help but wonder why we haven't offered any of Bol Bol, Jordan Brown, Moses Brown, Naz Reid, Silvio De Sousa, Jaylen Hoard in the class of '18, considering we could really use a quality big man from that class.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Todd who?[/QUOTE]

He's referring to Isaiah Todd, a 6-10 PF from Virginia out of the 2020 class. He's currently ranked as the number 1 prospect in the class and we have already been in contact with him. Another good sign is that he has expressed interest in us. I read somewhere that right now its us and Kansas in the drivers seat, but it's still early on for him.

Here is some recent video on him:

Reactions: Archer2
I can't help but wonder why we haven't offered any of Bol Bol, Jordan Brown, Moses Brown, Naz Reid, Silvio De Sousa, Jaylen Hoard in the class of '18, considering we could really use a quality big man from that class.
Handlers and street agents.

I heard some feedback today from Peach Jam that makes me glad I'm no longer traveling the circuit.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary-7
Naz cut UNC from his list

https://www.zagsblog.com/2017/07/18...-major-offers-attracting-coaches-live-period/

Quick article on Nas Little.

Nothing major in terms of recruiting, but his stock is shooting up. The sooner we offer, the better. He looks a lot like Kawhi Leonard, and he's way ahead of him at the same stage. Not saying he'll be remotely as good, of course - Kawhi's improvement curve has been unreal. But I can't help but be reminded of him when I watch Little.

2019 Nickelberry planning on taking another unofficial visit to UNC in August.
He says he has a great relationship with us. Looks like we are in good shape with him as of now. Another recruit whose stock keeps increasing.

"Just trying to make sure that I'm comfortable there. I want to feel like I'm at home there,Nickelberry said." "See how I'm treated on campus. So that's what I'm really looking for."

COME TO CHAPEL HILL!!!!!!

I know it's crazy, but there's a voice in my head that would rather have Little than Zion (I'm not sure how he'd fit into a system in one year) or Langford (less positional need).

The kid has everything I want in a prospect. Height, length, frame, athleticism, touch, the framework of a diverse skillset, instincts, effort, and overall character. I'm confident he'll finish top-10 in the class.

He says he has a great relationship with us. Looks like we are in good shape with him as of now. Another recruit whose stock keeps increasing.

"Just trying to make sure that I'm comfortable there. I want to feel like I'm at home there,Nickelberry said." "See how I'm treated on campus. So that's what I'm really looking for."

Nickleberry is an absolute stud, and would be a HUGE early commit.

That sounds incredibly promising! Would love to add him.

Reactions: CJBlue
I know it's crazy, but there's a voice in my head that would rather have Little than Zion (I'm not sure how he'd fit into a system in one year) or Langford (less positional need).

The kid has everything I want in a prospect. Height, length, frame, athleticism, touch, the framework of a diverse skillset, instincts, effort, and overall character. I'm confident he'll finish top-10 in the class.

With you all the way on Little.

Reactions: gary-7 and Archer2
Agreed about Little. Talented Freshman who doesn't one foot out the door before he even commits to a school. Sounds perfect for us IMO.

Reactions: gauchoheel

Personally, I think Nickelberry will be our first commitment in 2019, whenever his time comes.

Reactions: dadika13
That's like choosing between Godzilla and King Kong, either way your opponents are flattened!

Love how nasty they both are and I love the competition between them. Little does look a little more team oriented and I love his advanced post moves and outside shot. I really don't see Zion shoot much from the outside, but who needs it when nobody can stop you from getting to the rim?

I'll take either or both.......Go Get "em Roy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT