ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News

Status
Not open for further replies.
And BTW there was nothing "yikes" about his assessment of our perimeter players.

Zona - Alkins, Trier, Randolph, Barcello is easily better.
Kansas - Graham and Newman are two of the top 25 players in the country
Xavier - Bluiett and Macura
WVU - Carter and Miles Jr

That's just off the top of my head. Berry is unreal, but a ton of question marks outside of him (and I'm higher on Jalek than most)

That's just off the top of my head. Berry is unreal, but a ton of question marks outside of him (and I'm higher on Jalek than most)
Well aware and good examples, but I'm not ready to concede even all of Zona's horses are "easily better" (and I think Alkins is a beast). Plus, none of those combos can touch ours on the defensive side (well, unless WVU fouling 5 guys at a time counts ;)). Berry, KW and Theo are gonna be a nightmare for opponents.

dadika13 it seems to me like Carter has been at WV for 6 years. lol I know some may feel that way with UNC and Berry. Some players just stand out more I guess.

Well aware and good examples, but I'm not ready to concede even all of Zona's horses are "easily better" (and I think Alkins is a beast). Plus, none of those combos can touch ours on the defensive side (well, unless WVU fouling 5 guys at a time counts ;)). Berry, KW and Theo are gonna be a nightmare for opponents.

Trier is an absolute monster.

Sexton and Petty from Alabama

Reactions: JimmyinVA
95-97. 2016-2018? (Does beating Yale count? :D)
I count it! hopefully we make it out of the first round in 2018 but Duke was in the sweet 16 in 2016. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll let you get back to recruiting talk.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Scouts 2019 updated rankings are out:
Hurt at 6
Hagans at 9
Bacot at 17
Baker at 20
Moore at 25
Nickleberry at 26

Roy, go ahead and offer Baker on his visit please.

Nickelberry really climbed the rankings nicely. Him and Baker would be a nice 1-2 Combo in 2019.

Other UNC targets:
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl at 18
Isaiah Stewart at 37

How much room do we have? Probably we have 1 more scholarship left in 2018 and 3 more in 2019? Assuming no attrition. Though looking at how Coby is blowing up we might have room for 4. Jalek could also be 2 and done.

A guard, 2 wings, and a big seem like a perfect class. I'm personally partial to Wendell Moore.

How much room do we have? Probably we have 1 more scholarship left in 2018 and 3 more in 2019? Assuming no attrition. Though looking at how Coby is blowing up we might have room for 4. Jalek could also be 2 and done.

A guard, 2 wings, and a big seem like a perfect class. I'm personally partial to Wendell Moore.
Yep, for now we have 1 spot in 2018 and 3 in 2019.

Man I hope Bacot, Hagans and Baker gets an offer. I saw that Roy reached out to Cole Anthony also that kid is a DOG Hagans is one on defense also.

Rosehill, you gotta take a step back..maybe a small one..if Baker gets this offer, it doesn't mean he is gonna commit on the spot..probably will want to visit his favorite 6 and that "may" be too late-maybe not.either way you will still be thinking and thinking so much- over something beyond ur control

Rosehill, you gotta take a step back..maybe a small one..if Baker gets this offer, it doesn't mean he is gonna commit on the spot..probably will want to visit his favorite 6 and that "may" be too late-maybe not.either way you will still be thinking and thinking so much- over something beyond ur control

I wish every time we discuss UNC Basketball/Recruiting, we don't have to break away from the actual topic to discuss the level of severity of someone's post. It really takes away from the fun and passion of discussion on this board. Obviously in the scheme of life it's not that important.

If he doesn't get an offer so be it. Not the end all. Maybe we'll land someone better. maybe we won't.

Anyway, I never believed he was going to commit on the spot, but priorities are being made. On both ends. And it's clear we've focused more on Moore than Baker. Considering our track record with players who "grew up Dook fans", that's a bit concerning.

EDIT: The "sleep well" thing was meant in regards to my multiple posts on this board about it, if that wasn't clear. I'm sleeping very well either way.

RoseHeel, recruitniks this who we are..in my high school days I would buy Smith and Smith mags..cut out the Heel recruits and glue them to album dedicated to all things UNC basketball..obviously, way before internet-right around time the Poop sheet came out and recruiting became bigtime..do what you do--enjoy and keep posting to ur heart's contents-this stuff still has its value...esp cos we're the champs/glad to understand you better!!!

I couldn't wait for the recruiting mags to hit the stores, I'd buy them all. Now it's so much easier to follow recruiting with everything on the internet. But it seems the kids drag their decisions out and enjoy the process of being feted so much more.

I still follow recruiting but am nowhere near as fanatical about it as I was. Its still fun to discuss though.

I also like Silas Mason, a 6'6 wing from Greensboro.
He reminds me of a young Jalen Rose.

Top 15 recruit Reggie Perry(2018) out of Ga has de-committed from Arkansas, citing his dad's health.
Will be interesting to see where he goes now.

If his dad's health is the true reason, Fsu is only 35 miles from Perry's hometown.

I also like Silas Mason, a 6'6 wing from Greensboro.
He reminds me of a young Jalen Rose.
My son played youth football with this kid from ages 7 - 10. Terrific athlete, great running back til he grew so tall and out of the position. Since he has transitioned to just basketball I have tried to keep tabs on his progress. Tries to dunk everything, will need to work on his jumper and off hand but right now kids have trouble staying in front of him so it really doesn't matter. Really hoping for the best for this kid, would love to see him develop and one day represent the Heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT