ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meantime we have 17 offers out...and most of them are kids our fan base knows little or nothing of...it sure looks as Roy is after those top kids but if that falls through he has other kids under consideration, none of which are chopped liver.

Carey would obviously be an amazing pickup for us, but one quibble/question: how does a kid with his size, strength, and athleticism only average 5.8 rebounds/game?

Give me Armando Bacot. I'd take 3 to 4 years of Bacot over 1 year of Carey every time. I simply don't like one and done's.

And we offered James Wiseman as well.

Roy's taking a shot at the top bigs/players in '19.

Offers to the #2 and #3 players overall and both are forwards, both decent size...guy is class of '19 and he is 24/7 100% UK? I'll wait a year and check back.

I absolutely love this guy! I love his game and his demeanor. He doesn't strike me as a me-first hype guy so I don't think he is UK material. I really love how he moves his feet on D (perfect hedges and stayed in front of perimeter guys) and the form on his jumper is pure. He does need to work a bit more on rebounding and he dips the ball to gather, but these are mere quibbles. He hustles and only celebrates really great plays! You don't often see peeps who can make the outlet, hustle down to get the rebound and then put it back strongly!

This kid is the real deal and a college game changer. I hope we can overcome the family connection and connect him to the Family! This is one OAD I would love to have!

Someone please confirm if what I listed below is indeed accurate and without omissions.

2018 offers:
Coby White - committed
Rechon Black - committed

Romeo Langford
Zion Williamson
Nassir Little
Jarius Hamilton
Nate Laszewski
Simi Shittu
Darius Days

2019 offers:
Ashton Hagens
Jeremiah Francis
Josh Nickleberry
Matthew Hurt
Wendell Moore
Vernon Carey
James Wiseman
Armando Bacot

these days I see..forwards...some have "Power".some have "height/big"..others just play..ex Luke Maye...just matchup and ball...watch for the fundamentals..shot, handle,bb savvy, fight

I'll say we finish 2018 with White, Black and Little. And then take Francis, Nickleberry, and a big in 2019.
This sounds perfect to me. Wondering if we are also looking to add a 4th guy in 2018, anticipating one other player leaving early.

This sounds perfect to me. Wondering if we are also looking to add a 4th guy in 2018, anticipating one other player leaving early.

Who could possibly be leaving early? IMO, only Felton has a chance and I'd say his chances are very slim. As @What Would Jesus Do? has accurately pointed out several times, it's super rare for non-starting guards to be OAD.

And I am not a believer that Cam Johnson is NBA bound - ever and certainly not after one year.

I think there's a greater possibility of a transfer (Woods, Robinson or a big) than there is for someone to leave early for the draft.

Who could possibly be leaving early? IMO, only Felton has a chance and I'd say his chances are very slim. As @What Would Jesus Do? has accurately pointed out several times, it's super rare for non-starting guards to be OAD.

And I am not a believer that Cam Johnson is NBA bound - ever and certainly not after one year.

I think there's a greater possibility of a transfer (Woods, Robinson or a big) than there is for someone to leave early for the draft.
Sure, I just said "leave early", which leaves open the possibility of a transfer. Just reading the tea leaves based on the number of offers. Seems like Roy wants two more, but I'm often wrong. Maybe he'd take Laszewski and call it a class.

If Johnson or Felton sniff the first round like Bradley did, it's not unbelievable they make the jump.

Lmao, first he offers Hamilton when we were in the lead, and now Little.

Dook following our breadcrumbs as always.

No doubt about it. He "suddenly" became interested in Black when he was about to commit to UNC. Black knew that Dook wasn't truly interested. Don't see Little at Dook.

Duke literally offered Bacot, Little, and Carey yesterday.

SOOOO shook.

The very old "I'll recruit the kid you're after just to muddy the water" routine.
Or from K and Jeff, let the negative recruiting roll yet again. I'll be polite, I don't care for those people over to derm.

Duke literally offered Bacot, Little, and Carey yesterday.

SOOOO shook.

Duke sits in a really good spot with Bacot. As for Carey, not so much and Little will be heading out West to AZ. Not sure why Duke offered Little tbh, but I'm not privy to those meetings unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT