ADVERTISEMENT

Rule of 69

2DDIMOND

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2015
Works against everybody but Alabama. This will be the second year (game) in a row we have reached 69 first against the tide, but have won neither.

We let off the gas. I don’t care if they score 100. We would have scored 120 if we play Carolina basketball with our pg in the second half. Absolutely out coached.
Ok how do we get to 120 when the pg completely stop making shots? Wide open shots not even touching the rim shots, airball shots? Kidd confidence was shot at this point and Hubert knew it was going to get worse… and so did Nate Oaks. Now you got 5 playing against 4, can Armando Bacot get us to 120? Unfortunately the nations number 1 scoring team ain’t gonna wait around for that answer- they wired to score regardless!
Now If RJ was getting his usual yes I agree 100% and guess what we’re not having this conversation cause imo we win by 20!!! EC is a true pg I get it but at this level he has to be somewhat of a threat to shoot the ball to win these type of games. I’m not sure at all why Seth stop shooting, he was doing very well but for some reason he started trading wide open shots for contested shots.

Nate Oaks GOLDEN PLAN was to sag off EC/Seth and double down on Armando. His plan didn’t work well in the 1st half but our easy points dried up fast in the second for a reason- 5 playing against 4.

120? How?

We let off the gas. I don’t care if they score 100. We would have scored 120 if we play Carolina basketball with our pg in the second half. Absolutely out coached.
I think we scored 17 points in the 1st half with Cadeau on the floor.

I would've played him more in the second half because I would rather lose with our best 5. But he really wasn't part of the first-half flurry.

5 against 4 is the midwittiest comment of all time. Not playing through EC all season limited his growth and the team’s ceiling and if RJ comes back there is every reason to expect it again. It was a common thread of terrible last shot of the half possessions early in the year, late game collapses making several wins way closer than they should have been, and ugly games in the ACCT after FSU.

Reactions: thompsjj and gary-7
5 against 4 is the midwittiest comment of all time. Not playing through EC all season limited his growth and the team’s ceiling and if RJ comes back there is every reason to expect it again.
Oh wow, now we talking about all season stuff; limiting growth and team’s ceiling type of stuff. Hubert Davis never had a chance I see. That ACC Coach of the Year got to do better I suppose. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: thompsjj
When did it change that every time a team loses that said coach was “out coached”? Can’t a team just make a few more plays than the other? Every game every coach wishes they could have done something different whether they win or lose.

Reactions: KinstonNC
Nobody let off the gas. The gas was put on the bench. RJ as the primary ball handler turns/turned this years team in to a half court shit show with e1 standing around waiting for something that was never gonna happen because RJ never, or rarely, involved other players. Is what it was.

Nobody let off the gas. The gas was put on the bench. RJ as the primary ball handler turns/turned this years team in to a half court shit show with e1 standing around waiting for something that was never gonna happen because RJ never, or rarely, involved other players. Is what it was.
My point exactly

Reactions: thompsjj and gary-7
Yes, but with the caveat that with Oats you can't get outcoached --- you can only outcoach yourself, --- and unfortunately that happened.

Watch them greaseballs from Dook make the final 4 yet. That would be the icing on the freakin cake!

I’ve heard enough bs. You have no clue. Look at the assists. He had a bad shooting game it happens but to say RJ never or rarely got others involved is ignorant. SMH.
Edit to add that I’m as frustrated as anyone but people tend to leave out facts when feelings get in the way. Me included at times.

Last edited:
Oh wow, now we talking about all season; limiting growth and team’s ceiling type of stuff. Hubert Davis never had a chance I see. That ACC Coach of the Year got to do better I suppose. 🤦‍♂️
You gonna go buy an ACC Coach of the Year T-shirt? Yeah the way the season played out impacted how it ended. If you aren’t capable of understanding just keep scrolling. This team needed pace and ball movement to get to its peak and rarely did so. The Tennessee game should have been the blueprint of how a team without much NBA talent could beat the best teams in the country but they rarely ever got back to that level and it was largely self inflicted.

Reactions: thompsjj
You gonna go buy an ACC Coach of the Year T-shirt? Yeah the way the season played out impacted how it ended. If you aren’t capable of understanding just keep scrolling. This team needed pace and ball movement to get to its peak and rarely did so. The Tennessee game should have been the blueprint of how a team without much NBA talent could beat the best teams in the country but they rarely ever got back to that level and it was largely self inflicted.
Im sorry but I just can’t take this serious. I mean, yapping on a keyboard about what a coach should have done in order to get the most out of a team without much NBA talent; Tennessee blueprint bla bla bla…yet that very same coach is selected ACC Coach of the Year? Make that make sense? How does one earn such a prestigious award? Give the man credit take the man credit..,is that what we doing?

And btw for a team picked ACC pre-season 3rd place I thought the season played out just fine. We won the outright Regular Season Title, ACC Coach of the Year, ACC Player of the Year, another trip to Sweet 16. Yeah sucks that we lost but we had good success.

My wife said I got a car to wash and a lawn to cut. I’m out!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT