ADVERTISEMENT

Stats and stuff (Arky game)...

Arky had no answer for us when we were in attack mode, especially in the second half.

Attack mode basketball, that is what I LOVE, we have been attacking the defense in the last 2 games, not sitting back letting them dictate anything, we attack, we dictate the flow, that is how this game is supposed to be played! Joel and Theo are just going to be in attack mode but Luke has shifted in to it and now kenny is attacking on offense like he does on defense, love that!

And 1 more fella that is in attack mode, big Huff, let him catch the ball within 3ft of the basket, he will attack the rim and anything else that may be in the way!

In general, 20 series is Man. 30 and 40 series are versions of the Dean Smith "Scrambles", with 30 being the old "Run-and-Jump" where we jump into a trap on the ball off Man, and 40 is when Man morphs into a de facto Zone Press (2-2-1 principles). The second number is the pick-up point.

Roy tends to prefer 30 for half-court traps (32), where Dean evolved into more 40 over the years. 30 is a quick-strike trap where the ball-handler can be "jumped" at the point from the wing, where 40 is more sophisticated (and more challenging to teach) and tries to create traps on the sidelines.
And this is why Gary is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the board. Is he irascible at times? Yes. Does he know more about UNC basketball than 90% of our posters? Again, yes. I learn more from him and Coach than anyone else.

Platek will be a starter before he leaves the Hill.
Without a doubt, his junior year would be my guess. He is so fundamentally sound, much like Kenny, it is inevitable. He's one of those glue guys.

Reactions: gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT