ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

I’d take Bradley in a New York minute.
Why? He can't shoot, so he doesn't address the biggest He'd occupy a scholarship for 3 years. He'd have to battle Davis, Dunn, Trimble, Cadeau, Jackson, and any additional transfers or recruits for playing time.

Put aside his high school ranking. What did he show you this year that makes you think he'd be a good take for the '23-'24 season?

Why? He can't shoot, so he doesn't address the biggest He'd occupy a scholarship for 3 years. He'd have to battle Davis, Dunn, Trimble, Cadeau, Jackson, and any additional transfers or recruits for playing time.

Put aside his high school ranking. What did he show you this year that makes you think he'd be a good take for the '23-'24 season?
Sorry, but that is just wrong on many counts. He can shoot plenty enough for a PG. And anything bad about this season was the fault of his clueless coach. He was the only actual PG on that team and was wasted because their "system" is feel-leather-shoot-it.

Bradley was THE best PG in the 2022 class, but was totally misused at bama. In the Carolina system he would be a Cousy finalist at the very least (and be OAD), and make us instantly and infinitly better. Literally the ONLY reason that he wouldn't fit now is that we can't afford to mess up anything with Cadeau.

IF however, Cadeauu wants to stay in 24? Oh HELL yes, take Jaden.

Sorry, but that is just wrong on many counts. He can shoot plenty enough for a PG. And anything bad about this season was the fault of his clueless coach. He was the only actual PG on that team and was wasted because their "system" is feel-leather-shoot-it.

Bradley was THE best PG in the 2022 class, but was totally misused at bama. In the Carolina system he would be a Cousy finalist at the very least (and be OAD), and make us instantly and infinitly better. Literally the ONLY reason that he wouldn't fit now is that we can't afford to mess up anything with Cadeau.

Totally agree. Bradley is what we were missing last year. A true pass first lead guard.

Totally agree. Bradley is what we were missing last year. A true pass first lead guard.
Hard to make those passes when teams can back off you to clog the paint and play passing lanes, bc you are incapable of making outside shots. This guy isn't Ed Cota. He's not a talented enough playmaker to overcome his bad perimeter shooting.

He averaged the same assists as RJ in just over half the minutes.
1. RJ is a score first point guard.

2. If RJ was passing to the shooters Alabama had, he'd have a lot more assists too. We just set the UNC record for worst 3pt % in a season.

Reactions: alabamaheel
A 3/4 high-ranked out of HS that we offered at the time. His shooting hasn't been great but could be worth a look.
We can agree on this, Ingram has not been that productive at Stanford as many fans there were hoping for more from him. Well, he could be a different player with a change of scenery maybe?

Anyone else getting a bit antsy that it’s been over 2 weeks and UNC really hasn’t gotten a big fish from the portal yet? I get the rumors of Elliot and Ian possibly coming but if that doesn’t pan out or drags on and we miss out on some portal targets we are gonna be in a tough spot.

Anyone else getting a bit antsy that it’s been over 2 weeks and UNC really hasn’t gotten a big fish from the portal yet?
Not at all. First off, we're in the middle of a dead recruiting period that ends in the 6th. Second, most people recognize that our roster is unlikely to be set until June or July. Pete Nance didn't commit until June 18th. Dawson Garcia didn't commit until July 8th. Brady Manek didn't commit until April 16th. Cadeau and Jackson aren't likely to decide until after AAU season.

It's April 4th. It's a dead recruiting period.

Would believe that Davis and the staff has already identified players whom they want to add to the team, notwithstanding there are going to be major competitors for these players service. Who's to say that they may have already received a verbal from a couple of portal players, and they are not sharing it at this time. Could be a variety of reasons which it's not being made public?

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Seems like there was a ton of momentum and then, **poof**. . . Nothing.
I think new names in the portal as well as possible reclassification has weakened interest. It is a slippery slope to act too quickly on best available early, as players are not all in the pool yet, and incoming recruits are not set.

Absolutely, if Cadeau wants to stay in 24 then Bradley would be the very top priority to get at PG. But I do hope that Cadeau reclassifies

Ingram from Stanford just officially hit the portal and will be a UNC target.

55 - Harrison Ingram
6-7, 230 Small Forward
Stanford Sophomore
Birthday 11/27/02 (20.4 yrs)
Hometown Dallas, TX
High School St. Marks

Analysis
Notes: Measured: 6’5.25” barefoot, 6’7.0” in shoes, 8’7.5” standing reach, 232.8 lbs, 7’0.25” wingspan at the 2022 NBA Draft Combine

Bradley is a BALLER ! With Cadaeu a likely reclassification and RJ on board, Cap Jack on the way, I don't see a fit. The kid is nice, I think he will be huge somewhere, just not a fit in the current alignment for UNC.

I'm 100% wrong on the post you quoted?

OK, so you believe RJ Davis is not a score-first point guard, and assist numbers do not go up on teams with good shooters. 🤔
RJ is not, repeat NOT a PG, in any size, shape or form.. He has minimal court vision and may be the worst passer for his size I can remember. Want it any more blunt?

With that said, I love RJ's scoring ability and toughness, but NOT as a PG. He is a 2.

As for Bradley, I dare say I know more about his situation and game than anyone on this board by a country mile, even forcing myself to watch (ugh) bama games this season. He was easily the best PG comng out of HS and AAU, absolutely DOMINATED the NBPA Top-100 camp (the BEST on the best in coached, team settings), and WOULD have easily been the break-out PG in this freshman class had he played for a coach with even a bare modicum of a clue.

Pulling no punches, the staff made a monumental mistake last summer in not waiting for his commitment. Sure, the Cadeau situation may end up precluding a do-over, but make no mistake --- Jaden is the real deal.

Look brother, I appreciate your posts and not trying to be contentious,. but you are flat barking up the wrong tree here.

RJ is not, repeat NOT a PG, in any size, shape or form.. He has minimal court vision and may be the worst passer for his size I can remember. Want it any more blunt?

With that said, I love RJ's scoring ability and toughness, but NOT as a PG. He is a 2.

As for Bradley, I dare say I know more about his situation and game than anyone on this board by a country mile, even forcing myself to watch (ugh) bama games this season. He was easily the best PG comng out of HS and AAU, absolutely DOMINATED the NBPA Top-100 camp (the BEST on the best in coached, team settings), and WOULD have easily been the break-out PG in this freshman class had he played for a coach with even a bare modicum of a clue.

Pulling no punches, the staff made a monumental mistake last summer in not waiting for his commitment. Sure, the Cadeau situation may end up precluding a do-over, but make no mistake --- Jaden is the real deal.

Look brother, I appreciate your posts and not trying to be contentious,. but you are flat barking up the wrong tree here.
As things stand now though, do you see him as a legit option?

Ingram from Stanford just officially hit the portal and will be a UNC target.
Apparently a lot of smoke on this one. Is he that good a fit though? I assume he'd start at the 4; has the size for it.

I know he was a 5 star recruit, but he doesn't seem outlier athletic on film and only had 6 dunks this year. He's not some super bouncy forward. He's also not much of a shooter - career 31.6% from the 3 and 63% from the line. That's worse than Nance was, even this season. Shooting is obviously a very noisy skill and one you can improve, but it's not a super safe bet in one year.

If he can't shoot that well, are we going to run into the same issues as last year? Two non-shooting bigs, not a ton of rim protection or athleticism on defense.... Ingram has more dribble drive game, but he's got some similarities to Nance: transferring from a top academic institution where he was a high usage player, shot mechanics are a bit questionable, high intangibles, good passing (people forget but Nance was a "point center" at times for NU and averaged 4 assists per 40 his last year) and rebounding....

I think Ingram could be a winning player, but seems like he fits best on a team with lots of athletes and shooters. That's not really our strength. And if we have RJ + Cadeau we won't need his playmaking as much.

Would give me more confidence if he's a big time defender. I'm not really sure on that front (he's got the tools for it), but both the box score and advanced defensive metrics are pointing to average defense. I hope it's a real strength for him.

Apparently a lot of smoke on this one. Is he that good a fit though? I assume he'd start at the 4; has the size for it.

I know he was a 5 star recruit, but he doesn't seem outlier athletic on film and only had 6 dunks this year. He's not some super bouncy forward. He's also not much of a shooter - career 31.6% from the 3 and 63% from the line. That's worse than Nance was, even this season. Shooting is obviously a very noisy skill and one you can improve, but it's not a super safe bet in one year.

If he can't shoot that well, are we going to run into the same issues as last year? Two non-shooting bigs, not a ton of rim protection or athleticism on defense.... Ingram has more dribble drive game, but he's got some similarities to Nance: transferring from a top academic institution where he was a high usage player, shot mechanics are a bit questionable, high intangibles, good passing (people forget but Nance was a "point center" at times for NU and averaged 4 assists per 40 his last year) and rebounding....

I think Ingram could be a winning player, but seems like he fits best on a team with lots of athletes and shooters. That's not really our strength. And if we have RJ + Cadeau we won't need his playmaking as much.

Would give me more confidence if he's a big time defender. I'm not really sure on that front (he's got the tools for it), but both the box score and advanced defensive metrics are pointing to average defense. I hope it's a real strength for him.
He kinda comps Jason Capel for me. Good fundamentals and solid instincts, but not all that athletic and the worse comp I can type here.......Not a winner.
Hope it works out if we bring him in, but his first two years have left a lot to be desired.
His games vs the best teams in the PAC have been blah.

I really don't like the transfer era.. Sitting here hoping for other teams scraps and cast-offs. Wish we were still in the era of developing good 3 and 4 year players and not having to worry about them leave for the greener grass every year.
Amen. It’s disgusting to watch. I have very minimal interest going forward If this is the future of college sports.

Very good passer and defender. Problem was he was the main focus at Stanford and would not be at UNC.

If you mean Jaden, it would have to be finessed. Eliot is the proverbial "bird-in-the-hand", and I'm sure the staff will make sure he's cool with any PG transfer.

With that said, there's always been the possible scenario in which he stays in 24 and we bring in a one-year transfer, and if so, that could conceivably work with Jaden (since his original idea was to be 2AD).

In a nutshell, at this point we MUST keep Cadeau in the fold, and if he wants to come early, you take him and move on.

I just don't see how it would work. Bradley still has 3 years of eligibility and has done nothing that would make him an early entrant possibility. So you'd have Davis with 2 years left, Trimble with 3 years left, Bradley with 3 years left, and Cadeau who is way too old to stay in the 2024 class. Meanwhile we still desperately need to add 3pt shooting and front court players, and Bradley offers neither.

There are short guards in the portal that are elite 3pt shooters, and the staff isn't talking to any of them. If those guys aren't getting interest from the UNC staff, I'd be very surprised if a non-shooter guard gets recruited.

Right? I certainly don’t think he would go all the way to chapel hill to de commit. It’s got to be a positive sign I would think
Keeping his 2023 option open would necessitate some conversation with UNC admissions I would think. Cadeau has been preparing for this for a while, but Jackson still has work to do if he wants to reclass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT