Transfer Portal

55 - Harrison Ingram
6-7, 230 Small Forward
Stanford Sophomore
Birthday 11/27/02 (20.4 yrs)
Hometown Dallas, TX
High School St. Marks

Analysis
Notes: Measured: 6’5.25” barefoot, 6’7.0” in shoes, 8’7.5” standing reach, 232.8 lbs, 7’0.25” wingspan at the 2022 NBA Draft Combine
Bring it!

Pete Nance
30min game
42%FG
32% on 3's
82%FT
10PTs game
6RBs game
34 total BLKs

Harrison Ingram
28min game
41%FG
32% on 3's
60%FT
10.5PTs game
6RBs game
25 total STLs

🤷‍♂️

Pete Nance
30min game
42%FG
32% on 3's
82%FT
10PTs game
6RBs game
34 total BLKs

Harrison Ingram
28min game
41%FG
32% on 3's
60%FT
10.5PTs game
6RBs game
25 total STLs

🤷‍♂️
Only upside to Ingram is he’s a second year player verses a fifth. One would hope he improved but who knows.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Pete Nance
30min game
42%FG
32% on 3's
82%FT
10PTs game
6RBs game
34 total BLKs

Harrison Ingram
28min game
41%FG
32% on 3's
60%FT
10.5PTs game
6RBs game
25 total STLs

🤷‍♂️
The major difference being Ingram is a 3/4. Nance was a 5 trying to play the 4. Ingram ought to match up better defensively on the perimeter. Hopefully, since he's currently a sophomore, he isn't done developing offensively.

I'll add that both Nance and Ingram would look a lot better with Cadeau setting them up.

Only upside to Ingram is he’s a second year player verses a fifth. One would hope he improved but who knows.
Ingram had 14 games where he had 5+ assists and 19 games with 6+ rebounds. He's also a very good defender. He can play the 3/4, which is what UNC needs. Theo Pinson would be a good comp for Ingram. He'd work well if UNC can find some shooting to go along with him.

I just don't see how it would work. Bradley still has 3 years of eligibility and has done nothing that would make him an early entrant possibility. So you'd have Davis with 2 years left, Trimble with 3 years left, Bradley with 3 years left, and Cadeau who is way too old to stay in the 2024 class. Meanwhile we still desperately need to add 3pt shooting and front court players, and Bradley offers neither.

There are short guards in the portal that are elite 3pt shooters, and the staff isn't talking to any of them. If those guys aren't getting interest from the UNC staff, I'd be very surprised if a non-shooter guard gets recruited.
I'm not sure why you're wedded to this natrative.

First, Cadeau is not known for his shooting either, but if he comes early, we damn sure take him and smile.

Second, Jaden is not a "non-shooter" by any means. In fact, they are about the same in that respect.

Finally, what you've said about Jaden is just an inaccurate take. He simply went to the wrong program with the wrong coach and was thus misused and mostly wasted --- nothing more, nothing less. He was every bit as special as Cadeau coming out of HS, and if you put him in our system and hand him the ball, he'll be right right back on the NBA radar. He's a legit 6'3 and has the requisite body.

Now again, everythng would have to fall just right into place for Jaden to come here at this point, but if Eliot wants to stay in 2024, and it DID somehow work out, then we'd be picking up THE best transfer in the portal. Period.

Ingram had 14 games where he had 5+ assists and 19 games with 6+ rebounds. He's also a very good defender. He can play the 3/4, which is what UNC needs. Theo Pinson would be a good comp for Ingram. He'd work well if UNC can find some shooting to go along with him.
Yes. Would feel a lot more comfortable with this if I knew we're landing a stud wing at the 3 that can shoot and defend.

Would love Ingram at the 4. His percentage might not be the best. But a very nice looking shot. Def think we need to get 4 guys who can spread the floor and it Will open up a lot for mando this year.

Reactions: gary-7 and TPFKAPFS
Are we still getting Timberlake?
I wouldn’t even count on Justin Timberlake at this point

IMG-4327.gif

I like Ingram, really solid body packed in to 6'7", good defender, hits the boards hard, runs the floor, can put it in the floor well enough I think to play the 3. He IMO, is not a great jump shooter but I do think he is a better jump shooter than his stats reflect, his foot placement on his jumper looks a little odd, a little bit like Reggie Bullock. I would like to better understand the reason he is leaving Stanford, what didn't fit?

Looking doubtful, unless he has a change of self-perception
Yeah, he does seem to have a good deal of self belief, which is like a lot of things, some is good but to much is to much which we have seen now play out on our team for 3years now. I think the kid had a window of time where we looked at him as a primary target, before we saw some of the names that are now in the portal. Wojik too advantage of his window opening, Timberlake decided to keep visiting and taking his time to decide. I think UNC is still interested but his priority status has diminished and I do think UNC is now more interested in others. especially now having Wojik who is pretty similar with less attitude. 2 weeks ago was hearing a LOT of buzz about this kid and now crickets...

I like Ingram, really solid body packed in to 6'7", good defender, hits the boards hard, runs the floor, can put it in the floor well enough I think to play the 3. He IMO, is not a great jump shooter but I do think he is a better jump shooter than his stats reflect, his foot placement on his jumper looks a little odd, a little bit like Reggie Bullock. I would like to better understand the reason he is leaving Stanford, what didn't fit?
Color me as not impressed and actually worried he could come. We’ve been there done that with Leaky, which shot the ball better from the ft line and a little better from deep. Meh

Meaning that whilst "shopping" the portal, the temptation for fans is to look at raw numbers more than the player.
What gives you confidence he'd be significantly more valuable than Leaky/Nance? He is better than either of them at certain things, but is the overall package a lot better?

If he shoots like Reggie, grab him quick!

LJ Cryer has entered the portal as well. Would be a good combo with RJ (although a bit small). I know we need forwards and less guards at this point though.

LJ Cryer has entered the portal as well. Would be a good combo with RJ (although a bit small). I know we need forwards and less guards at this point though.
I think he's staying in the Southwest. I know it'd be an odd fit with Davis/Cadeau, but if it were me I'd take a Cryer/Abmas type if they wanted to come here and we didn't have a bigger guard lined up. Could probably do ~30 minutes for all three of them between playing some three guard lineups, injuries, and foul trouble. I'm pretty sure we won't be in on them though.

Too small to play much next to RJ, and he's on record saying he wants to play PG. The assistant who recruited him is now the head coach at KSU, so I suspect he'll be heading there.

Timberlake has scheduled a visit to Uconn as well (after Kansas).
There is a number of reasons that ship may have sailed. But it seems more and more likely he won't be coming here.

And honestly, if Cadeau and/or Jackson reclass, we probably need to spend our remaining scholarships on forwards. Not sure how well Timberlake would fit playing SF.

Meaning that whilst "shopping" the portal, the temptation for fans is to look at raw numbers more than the player.
Thanks for explanation. But remember we are not at Stanford or any of these kids backyards. While some may have info of how a kid looks or can play, numbers can be, not a tell all, but very helpful.
I think a simple change of scenery can help volumes in most cases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT