ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Hearing Styles is being courted heavy by State.. and he's listening.
He's already had Keatts for an inhome, and taken a campus visit. I'd honestly be surprised if he doesn't commit to State soon.

The PackPride posters are pretty united in not wanting him. So that's pretty funny.

Smith declared, so that helps.
I think Styles should take a look at Wake, good coach and his athletism could work well there. He would get the court time there he needs to further develop, court time that was not going to be there for him at UNC, he is a 4 in a wing body and we needed more a 4 in a 4 body. Kid can be a big time player on the right team.

I think Styles should take a look at Wake, good coach and his athletism could work well there. He would get the court time there he needs to further develop, court time that was not going to be there for him at UNC, he is a 4 in a wing body and we needed more a 4 in a 4 body. Kid can be a big time player on the right team.
Better there than state.

Is Timberlake viewed by the staff as a role player off the bench?
He's an instant-offense guy. Lots of swagger and a bit beligerent --- Jimmer Fredette confidence (albeit, not that levell of game). I'm sure he'll be given a chance to compete and get minutes at the 2 and 3, one way or another.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Better there than state.
Hey gary, you hearing any buzz on a certain player that played on the left coast last season with the initial HI? I assume you know who I am referring to, we recruited him out of high school. Just curious, I am getting some slight buzz and it has me really intrigued. Late breaking is he has pulled out of the draft and is playing college ball next season, seems like at least for now may be returning to his last season team but things do change. 6'7" 230lb wing, shot barely over 30% from 3 last season but considered a guy MUCH better than his college stats show to date?

Reactions: OldSchoo01
Thats a pretty big portal pickup for us, no?
I think it says more to the style Hubert is looking to play, "its beginning to look a lot like small ball"! LOL BTW, I am good with that if we insist on going to the 4 out stuff and it appears we are.

Hey gary, you hearing any buzz on a certain player that played on the left coast last season with the initial HI? I assume you know who I am referring to, we recruited him out of high school. Just curious, I am getting some slight buzz and it has me really intrigued. Late breaking is he has pulled out of the draft and is playing college ball next season, seems like at least for now may be returning to his last season team but things do change. 6'7" 230lb wing, shot barely over 30% from 3 last season but considered a guy MUCH better than his college stats show to date?
I like his assist numbers and maybe rebounds but the rest is meh for sure.

I heard there has been communication.

Pretty sure you are not aware of what really goes on when their camp contacts a team.
So, are you arguing that isn't the rule? Because it absolutely is the rule. Most people get around that by having third parties contact teams.

Are you claiming we are outright breaking the rule and in violation or are you claiming we are skirting the rule? Because the rule absolutely exists. You said there are many players in serious contact with UNC who aren't in the portal right now. That's a violation as stated.

You can all try and dogpile and talk whatever nonsense you want about it, but as stated, that's a violation. You could have just clarified it instead of doubling down.

So, are you arguing that isn't the rule? Because it absolutely is the rule. Most people get around that by having third parties contact teams.

Are you claiming we are outright breaking the rule and in violation or are you claiming we are skirting the rule? Because the rule absolutely exists. You said there are many players in serious contact with UNC who aren't in the portal right now. That's a violation as stated.

You can all try and dogpile and talk whatever nonsense you want about it, but as stated, that's a violation. You could have just clarified it instead of doubling down.
The communication happens through back channels to avoid violations. For instance if Justin Moore contacts Bacot, and Bacot is the intermediary between him and Hubert, that's not a violation.

Or if a player has his high school coach reach out to a UNC coach, that's not a violation.

It's always the player who sets things in motion.

Not "doubling down" on anything, and nothing I described is any sort of violation.

UNC does NOT tamper. Some do --- we do NOT. However, there is literally nothing to stop relatives, friends, "mentors", et al from initiating contact from a player's end. It is happening all over college basketball as we speak, including here.

And if you actually wanted "clarification", you would have asked for it (instead of the usual sniping)., and I would've gladly answered in kind.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

OK, so like I should just read this bull and not respond to it but you know I am not built like that, so yeah, not only am I going to respond but I am going to say the part you are NOT supposed to say out loud, we are taking those phone calls, we are being clear about our interest in a particular player is it a violation of the supposed to be NCAA rule, maybe. Do I care, not one iota, not in the slightest microscopic amount. The NCAA is MIA on any of this, they could care less why should we? I look at this exactly like the person driving 71 MPH on I-95, the speed limit is 70, technically you are breaking the law driving 71mph but if you drive that slow on I-95, I-26, I-85 you will be the cause of accidents. If you drive safely, you drive at the speed everyone else is and if no cops care you may even want to drive closer to 85 than 70. The NCAA cops don't care, the only thing they seem to care about is cashing their way over inflated pay checks. So you damn right UNC is not only taking those phone calls like every other program is, they should!

I doubt there is a player on our roster last season that has not been contacted, meaning some other team initiated the contact to our players and it is not a secret, other programs are not in any trying to hide the fact that they are tampering with our players and the NCAA does not care, if they did action would have been taken way before now. Ruiz can PUBLICALLY state that he is clearly on the mission of buying talent for Miami sports, he isn't even trying to hide it. The NCAA will not even as much as give clear clarity to the rules and I am supposed to in any way care about any rule they have that they seem willing to NOT enforce?

So of course we answer those phone calls, heck I hope we are initiating some of them, there literally is not a NCAA rule I care about us breaking at this point simply because the NCAA itself no longer seems to care about the rules they instituted, why should we. It is the wild west now fellas and the sheriff is to concerned at the last price increase at the local brothel to worry about something as trivial as law breakers! Anaricy has now created it's own set of rules, it is now to late for the NCAA to do anything about it even if they wanted to and the don't want to.

Reactions: chickenhunter
Not "doubling down" on anything, and nothing I described is any sort of violation.

UNC does NOT tamper. Some do --- we do NOT. However, there is literally nothing to stop relatives, friends, "mentors", et al from initiating contact from a player's end. It is happening all over college basketball as we speak, including here.

And if you actually wanted "clarification", you would have asked for it (instead of the usual sniping)., and I would've gladly answered in kind.

Some people just can’t accept that they are wrong sometimes. Always a spin to their narrative.

Looks like Kansas State forward Ismael Massoud in the portal- also played two years at wake. I wonder if he'll get a look.

I'm real curious about Cadeau/Jackson reclassing and Jarin Stevenson potentially committing/reclassing in addition to who the other players in the portal who are considering UNC.

Time will tell! Go Heels.

Last edited:
Looks like Kansas State forward Ismael Massoud in the portal- also played two years at wake. I wonder if he'll get a look.

I'm real curious about Cadeau/Jackson reclassing and Jarin Stevenson potentially committing/reclassing in addition to who the other players in the portal who are considering UNC.

Time will tell! Go Heels.
I personally hope they don’t. Reclassifying typically doesn’t seem to work out the best the 1st year. Unless maybe they would reclass and be here for 2 years?. That I could get on board with.

Reactions: FORREST GUMP
The communication happens through back channels to avoid violations. For instance if Justin Moore contacts Bacot, and Bacot is the intermediary between him and Hubert, that's not a violation.

Or if a player has his high school coach reach out to a UNC coach, that's not a violation.

It's always the player who sets things in motion.
Correct. It's skirting the rule through a third party like I alluded to.

I personally hope they don’t. Reclassifying typically doesn’t seem to work out the best the 1st year. Unless maybe they would reclass and be here for 2 years?. That I could get on board with.
Cadeau is ready. He's played against the best possible competition. He's got nothing left to accomplish in high school. And he's the same age as Seth Trimble.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Cadeau or no Cadeau, I think it is VITAL that RJ is moved from the point to the 2, as vital IMO as leaving Bacot at the 5. I am fine with the point being run by Wilcher and Trimble, just not a fan of RJ at the point, was not a fan of Caleb there either. If you want Cadeau now then you should want this move made public today, the sun should not set today and Cadeau not know that RJ is being moved to our 2 spot. Frankly I am fine with just Wilcher and Trimble at the point but I sure would not be heart broken if Cadeau decided to go ahead and make the call to come. ANY of the 3 upgrades our PG play and RJ at the 2 greatly eases the sting of losing Caleb and plays to RJ's strength.

If Cadeau does come early, I would move Wilcher to the 2 to back up RJ and let Cadeau and Seth battle it out for the PG minutes. This is why I am looking at this team so far as maybe going to a small ball look, a 2 guard at the 3. I would pencil Dunn in for that right now but I am in a hold on that until I see who else we get.

He's already had Keatts for an inhome, and taken a campus visit. I'd honestly be surprised if he doesn't commit to State soon.

The PackPride posters are pretty united in not wanting him. So that's pretty funny.
Should be visiting CLT as well. Be fun to see him get up and down the court at Halton

No doubt the Pecker Woods are the front runner for Styles, but it would not surprise me that he ends up at East Carolina.

Cadeau or no Cadeau, I think it is VITAL that RJ is moved from the point to the 2, as vital IMO as leaving Bacot at the 5. I am fine with the point being run by Wilcher and Trimble, just not a fan of RJ at the point, was not a fan of Caleb there either. If you want Cadeau now then you should want this move made public today, the sun should not set today and Cadeau not know that RJ is being moved to our 2 spot. Frankly I am fine with just Wilcher and Trimble at the point but I sure would not be heart broken if Cadeau decided to go ahead and make the call to come. ANY of the 3 upgrades our PG play and RJ at the 2 greatly eases the sting of losing Caleb and plays to RJ's strength.

If Cadeau does come early, I would move Wilcher to the 2 to back up RJ and let Cadeau and Seth battle it out for the PG minutes. This is why I am looking at this team so far as maybe going to a small ball look, a 2 guard at the 3. I would pencil Dunn in for that right now but I am in a hold on that until I see who else we get.
It is my understanding that any reclassification news would not come until after the AAU summer circuit as reclassification would eliminate their eligibility from AAU. Hubert may already have his answer and the rest of us just aren't privy to it. Perhaps folks with insight to the program can elaborate? It seems the only two options are that he is either satisfied with the point guard position we currently have or he has the solution and we don't know about it. I haven't seen much activity related to point guards from the portal.

Timberlake meeting with Pitino and st johns today. Guess its not as wrapped up as some rumors have said???
I mean- why wouldn't the kid take the visits even if he did have his mind made up? He's drinking it in and taking what he can get it's not often you get opportunities to be courted by big time programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT