ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Georgia State game thread—Saturday 10 September

Kudos for both lines in the fourth quarter. Offensive line woke up and opened up some big holes for Hampton and defensive line shut down Georgia State’s running game getting stop after stop after stop. I wonder if all the Couch Coaches who belittled the defense and the coordinators all week long will have the grapefruits to give the defense their due for their 4th quarter performance today…I doubt it…
They've got two weeks to figure it out. They gave up 28 points to GAST. They've given up 113 points in three games. If they wait until the 4th quarter against ND it won't matter.

ND currently trailing Marshall by 6 in the 2nd quarter.

Just perfect. They get their wake up call just in time to get focused on motivated before playing us...
Looking ahead to us in two weeks

It will be easier to score then don’t worry

ND currently trailing Marshall by 6 in the 2nd quarter.

Just perfect. They get their wake up call just in time to get focused on motivated before playing us...
Yeah... the "wake-up call" is going to undermine UNC's upset chances!

The Irish are going to murder us no matter what happens against Marshall.

I shudder to think how bad some of the games will be this season.

One last hope... maybe this team plays to the level of its competition.
iu

Might be the last win this year if we don’t solve some problems.
I didn't want leave that grim of a comment on here... but, I was thinking exactly that!

We could easily lose every game left on the schedule. These first three games have basically been squeakers and these were the "easy games."

Hopefully we can win 3 more, but I doubt it. I don't know which teams we could actually beat. And, honestly, if we go 6-6 again... big deal. This program and staff have been spinning their wheels for 4 years. Nothing is really improving except that we're getting some quarterbacks that are fun to watch. But, the rest of the team is so bad that their talent is squandered.

Yeah... some props to the defense. They played better than last week, for sure.
Yeah, they weren't that bad. If that can be the norm, then we should be able to get 6-7 wins. Not saying that's something to be excited about, but I guess it keeps our average streak alive.

Yeah, they weren't that bad. If that can be the norm, then we should be able to get 6-7 wins. Not saying that's something to be excited about, but I guess it keeps our average streak alive.
I'm not that optimistic.

The offense showed that it can be stopped today, too. The two sides don't play together. The defense is the more glaring liability, but the offense is also prone to screw-ups. Drake Maye is going to get pressured a lot more going forward. I hope that Downs and Greene will be healthy and able to help out.

I also don't know how good the other teams in our division are, but I don't think they're all barely beating their cupcakes like the Heels. UNC could have easily lost all three of the cupcakes. None were decisive wins.

I'm not that optimistic.

The offense showed that it can be stopped today, too. The two sides don't play together. The defense is the more glaring liability, but the offense is also prone to screw-ups. Drake Maye is going to get pressured a lot more going forward. I hope that Downs and Greene will be healthy and able to help out.

I also don't know how good the other teams in our division are, but I don't think they're all barely beating their cupcakes like the Heels. UNC could have easily lost all three of the cupcakes. None were decisive wins.
Other than ND and Miami, every game we play is winnable. Our division sucks as usual.

Offense stopped themselves with turnovers and a freshman play on a kickoff. Defense finally stRted flowing to the ball last 15 minutes of game. lets Enjoy 3~0 while we can.

Reactions: tmatheny
Drake is going to be running for his life. I pray he comes out of that game healthy.

I say this in all seriousness, I think we may have the best back up QB in college football. I thought Criswell was going to win the job & Maye had been given the job by name alone. I’m finding out that I was very wrong but I think Criswell could be doing exactly what Maye is doing.

I say this in all seriousness, I think we may have the best back up QB in college football. I thought Criswell was going to win the job & Maye had been given the job by name alone. I’m finding out that I was very wrong but I think Criswell could be doing exactly what Maye is doing.

I'm glad we have him as a back up but he is nowhere near as talented as Maye

Reactions: bluetoe
He won’t be a backup for long…..also not a starter here

Yeah he’ll probably get some burn somewhere else next year. I hope he does well. He’s put in the work here and stuck with the program. No hard feelings for him wanting to chase an opportunity to play

Reactions: tarheel0910
One last hope... maybe this team plays to the level of its competition.
I'm just relieved that they play someone else before us since the motivation to absolutely smear the next guy is going to be in the red on the murder meter. If they do absolutely murder Cal, maybe they'll go back to thinking we'll be just another win. Then we got 'em, har har

Drake is going to be running for his life. I pray he comes out of that game healthy.
having watched Notre Dame over the years, I have gained a belief that there is an undercurrent in that program of aiming to hurt people if they can. This is one time I'm glad they have softened the game, because I'm afraid our boy is going to learn a hard lesson one day. I'll be watching for cheap shots.

What's crazy is that if we win against ND, we might not even be ranked the next week. Would have never called that one before the season started.

Obviously take this with a grain of salt but ESPN’s prediction model is now giving us about a 38% chance to win.

Just glanced at the snap counts and if that is true wow!! Rice 0 snaps Shaw less than 20 scratching my head

Find it hard to believe these guys can’t do better than what’s already playing. With the portal you better give ‘em a shot or they will be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT