ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Clifford Omoruyi...

My expression at first reading the thread title… then reading the actual post:

IMG-5514.gif

Last edited:
Nice warm weather should increase the "beauty" of the campus and should make for some historic sightseeing!

Join the Family, Sir!

Family has many perks!

Reactions: Heels5150
While Hubs is busy building relationships, we`ve missed out on 75 to 80 % of transfers. Kids now days don`t give give a shit about school affiliation. Show me the money!!!!!

When do we expect an answer to where the young man will make his decision now that his visits are completed? Or does the bidding war just begin?

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I think he has all the information he has been looking for now (we were his last visit). I would suggest he will announce some time next week, I am expecting by maybe Tues but could take a day or 2 longer. If for example he were to pick us, he would want to get everything wrapped up, move in to his housing, be ready to play pick up with his future team mates and our alums, get his conditioning/developmental plan in place, lot of stuff that makes a quicker decision than we saw with Tyson more likely. Let's hope he doesn't set up additional visits, that would not be a good sign for us.

Cade Tyson is planning on being moved in by May 15th for first summer session. If Cliff wants to be get a head start on the season, he could do the same. Second summer session starts June 24th.

Alabama summer session doesn't start until May 28th.

The Alabama board seems to think UNC and Hubert have a "slight lead". Of course, I had to scroll past 12 football threads and one softball thread to find anything about Cliff.
This one is so weird bc I get the vibe it’s still Bama. No one feels good ab him and honestly I’d rather have it that way.

"247Sports' Eric Bossi reported Thursday that each of the four finalists are in good position on the NIL front, and Omoruyi's decision will come down to where he feels the best fit and the most needed. Bossi said there's hasn't been much word circulating behind the scenes regarding where Omoruyi may be leaning, but intel leans slightly in the direction of Hubert Davis and the Tar Heels."

I am hopeful it will be us. I'm also not worried because I know Hubs will get someone to take those minutes at 5/4!

I am hopeful it will be us. I'm also not worried because I know Hubs will get someone to take those minutes at 5/4!
We don't need "someone." We need Final Four caliber starters.

There are a lot of good PFs left. Omoruyi appears to be our only chance at a good starting center.

I have been at UNC since early Charlie Scott. Seen the good, bad, and the ugly.

For many years, the basketball gods have prevented our championship. I do not want to go into detail, but an example is the 1977 UNC Marquette game.

There have been many years when we were so close to a championship that it's almost painful to remember. I don't want to dwell on each one, but let's take a moment to reflect on 2015 and the missed opportunity with Brandon Ingram.

This upcoming year will be much the same. If we land Cliff Omoruyi, we will be a better team than last season and have a legitimate chance to win the title. We are weak in one area, but he can close the gap.

Here is hoping for a commitment.

Go HEELS!

I have been at UNC since early Charlie Scott. Seen the good, bad, and the ugly.

For many years, the basketball gods have prevented our championship. I do not want to go into detail, but an example is the 1977 UNC Marquette game.

There have been many years when we were so close to a championship that it's almost painful to remember. I don't want to dwell on each one, but let's take a moment to reflect on 2015 and the missed opportunity with Brandon Ingram.

This upcoming year will be much the same. If we land Cliff Omoruyi, we will be a better team than last season and have a legitimate chance to win the title. We are weak in one area, but he can close the gap.

Here is hoping for a commitment.

Go HEELS!
My bigget regret as a Carolina fan is that Marcus Paige doesn't have a National Championship.

Then the next best fit is for me Oyenso and considering that he was also looking real hard at bama he may not be taking Omouryi to Alabama all that well.
I thought he was going pro for sure. Has he had second thoughts?

Maybe we’re done with Bama they beat us last year this year and for the recruit

That’s the Hat Trick

Absolutely inexcusable. This basketball program has become mediocre at best. Reputation,history and tradition isn't getting it done. You've got to pay to play. Tired of excuses. A gaping hole at 5 and can't get 1 center. Washington and High aren't winning anything. Clown show in Chapel Hill. Flat out embarassing.

Bama dropped a bag and we probably tried to sell culture and relationships. Unfortunately that worked pre-NIL and now it doesn’t matter to most guys in the portal.

Absolutely inexcusable. This basketball program has become mediocre at best. Reputation,history and tradition isn't getting it done. You've got to pay to play. Tired of excuses. A gaping hole at 5 and can't get 1 center. Washington and High aren't winning anything. Clown show in Chapel Hill. Flat out embarassing.
Carolina needs to embrace NIL and nothing suggest that we have to the point some others have.

Reactions: chickenhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT