ADVERTISEMENT

Whitmore feels wanted at UNC

What did he say to make you think Nova is the leader, CB5? Just curious. Thanks!

In this article Eric Bossi, probably one of the better recruiting analysts since Daniels left, claims that the Tar Heels are in “pretty good shape”. However, he goes on to say that he and other recruiting analysts believe that Villanova is the leader and he will eventually commit to them!

Villanova also got the most recent future cast, which was like 5 days ago

It's just his hunch is all.
Please refer to my post above. I trust Eric Bossi more than I would ever trust you...please tell or show me what you have recently read that makes you think we are the leader! Don’t post anything from a month or so ago when the buzz was high for us bc it is not now! So no, it’s not just some crazy bunch of mine

• Sad
Reactions: TheGLOV
Conversely, the article also discusses how crowded the wing at Nova is, in a way to suggest that he wouldn’t want to go there.

I don’t see anything in that piece that makes me feel there is a leader.

Until I hear differently (as in popping for someone else) I'll assume we will get good news! He is clearly enjoying the process and who could blame him? Someone will get a game changer who they can hand the keys to and watch the race!

Conversely, the article also discusses how crowded the wing at Nova is, in a way to suggest that he wouldn’t want to go there.

I don’t see anything in that piece that makes me feel there is a leader.
It literally says that he and other analysts believe that Villanova is the clubhouse leader and that he thinks he ends up at Villanova lol I trust Bossi’s opinion more than most if not every poster on here

Reactions: gauchoheel
Analysts often use educated guesses even with their increased access AND nobody can really predict the vagaries of a teen-aged mind! (In addition, peeps with access often impart misinformation) I trust Bossi as well, but he isn't infallible.

Join the Family, Mr. Whitmore!

Analysts often use educated guesses even with their increased access AND nobody can really predict the vagaries of a teen-aged mind! (In addition, peeps with access often impart misinformation) I trust Bossi as well, but he isn't infallible.

Join the Family, Mr. Whitmore!
I agree! I have just read a lot lately saying Villanova is the team to beat..I haven’t read anything from anyone saying we are his favorite! All I said to begin with is that it sounds like Villanova is the leader! I don’t think me saying that is too far fetched

All the twitter chatter seems to point to nova. Also fwiw I think it was the joe tiptoon guy or maybe Jamie Shaw but he had a tweet that said something about nova stealing a 5 star guy. Maybe that’s a reference to cam

More crowded than ours?

Leaky
McKoy
Styles
Walton
Puff

... and those are just the guys who fit at SF.

Does Nova have more proven SFs?

Leaky will be gone. Walton is more suited for the 2, I believe and I think McKoy is more suited for the 4. Styles and Puff are 3/4 hybrids as is Whitmore but they aren't the talent he is. I get your point though. However, with that said, UNC has always shown to play a deep rotation. Does the Nova program show the same year to year?

Leaky will be gone. Walton is more suited for the 2, I believe and I think McKoy is more suited for the 4. Styles and Puff are 3/4 hybrids as is Whitmore but they aren't the talent he is. I get your point though. However, with that said, UNC has always shown to play a deep rotation. Does the Nova program show the same year to year?
Slinger, Leaky may be gone but he will have 1 more season of eligibility after this one (last season was a freeby for eligibility for everyone). This deal with Cam comes down to a battle between UNC and Nova, 2 darn good programs. IT will come down to who Cam and his family trust more and from everything I hear and believe, I don't want to say he is 100% coming to us but I could discuss being in the 90s on that %.

Color me SHOCKED if this kid does not commit to Hubert! I could care less what those so called experts want to believe (hint, they think it is Nova because the kid has already un-officially visited and now is about to officially visit but that is not the factor they think it is). This kid wanted the UNC offer from HUBERT, he and his family really like but more they trust HUBERT. I do not think Roy would have got this kid, I do think HUBERT will! I heard this a while back and I think is is very accurate, this kid will end up at the school where he has the most trust in the coaching staff and from what I have heard, I do not think he ends up trusting any other coach more than HUBERT!

Slinger, Leaky may be gone but he will have 1 more season of eligibility after this one (last season was a freeby for eligibility for everyone). This deal with Cam comes down to a battle between UNC and Nova, 2 darn good programs. IT will come down to who Cam and his family trust more and from everything I hear and believe, I don't want to say he is 100% coming to us but I could discuss being in the 90s on that %.

Color me SHOCKED if this kid does not commit to Hubert! I could care less what those so called experts want to believe (hint, they think it is Nova because the kid has already un-officially visited and now is about to officially visit but that is not the factor they think it is). This kid wanted the UNC offer from HUBERT, he and his family really like but more they trust HUBERT. I do not think Roy would have got this kid, I do think HUBERT will! I heard this a while back and I think is is very accurate, this kid will end up at the school where he has the most trust in the coaching staff and from what I have heard, I do not think he ends up trusting any other coach more than HUBERT!

I agree about Roy being able to sign this kid. I seriously doubt it as well, assuming he would have even gone after him. I hate to make it racial, but Hubert being black is going to pay dividends on the recruiting trail. I think this is one of those situations.

I agree about Roy being able to sign this kid. I seriously doubt it as well, assuming he would have even gone after him. I hate to make it racial, but Hubert being black is going to pay dividends on the recruiting trail. I think this is one of those situations.
It is a component (race), I know folks don't want to hear that but I live in the real world and in this real world you trust those that you can relate to and those that you feel relate to you. Hubert, above and beyond his race is real, he is straight forward and he just eludes trust worthiness, you just know it when you feel it. But just as real is the fact, a young black kid is just going to trust a black coach just a little bit more, it is human nature even if it is not as politically correct to say. Take for example Big John Thompson, he understood a lot of kids trusted him because they could relate to him, it was simple human nature. Don't deny what you know is true just because the world we live in right now does not like to hear it... The truth does not care if you want to hear it or not, it will still exist!

Please refer to my post above. I trust Eric Bossi more than I would ever trust you...please tell or show me what you have recently read that makes you think we are the leader! Don’t post anything from a month or so ago when the buzz was high for us bc it is not now! So no, it’s not just some crazy bunch of mine

My my must have hit a nerve!

You can trust Eric Bossi over me. I have no problem with that.

I take what he wrote as face value - and I still do NOT see Villanova as a clear-cut leader.

No need to post anything from a month ago either.

It is still just your hunch on what you read.

Deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
I agree! I have just read a lot lately saying Villanova is the team to beat..I haven’t read anything from anyone saying we are his favorite! All I said to begin with is that it sounds like Villanova is the leader! I don’t think me saying that is too far fetched

But it is still just your hunch.

In the end, only Cam knows for sure; not you or I.

• Haha
Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
My my must have hit a nerve!

You can trust Eric Bossi over me. I have no problem with that.

I take what he wrote as face value - and I still do NOT see Villanova as a clear-cut leader.

No need to post anything from a month ago either.

It is still just your hunch on what you read.

Deal with it.

So do you think We are the leader? Just asking, bc it sounds like you think it’s all Heels...which I hope but I think he ends up at Nova based on what I’m reading all over the internet! All I stated in my original post is that it SOUNDS like Nova is in the lead! Which it does.

• Haha
Hubert and Wright each have very good reputations of earning trust. Wright has a incredible track record. Cam has a couple guys I believe he trusts in each of them. He has earned their wooing of him, and in my opinion I think his final decision will hinge on where he feels is the best situation to develop his game. The rest is a far far far secondary concern if at all.

So do you think We are the leader? Just asking, bc it sounds like you think it’s all Heels...which I hope but I think he ends up at Nova based on what I’m reading all over the internet! All I stated in my original post is that it SOUNDS like Nova is in the lead! Which it does.

Truth be told: Mine is just a hunch as well.

We can only hope for the best on UNC's part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT