ADVERTISEMENT

Yale vs UNC game thread on: Monday 30 December 2019

My new year's resolution is for my eyes to hurt less when we're on offense. Not sure it's possible.

Not used to this but next year we get the talent, this is a nutty Rec Game pace with below average shooters, but what can you do...

Can't believe Garrison didn't finish that basket with the pass from Francis. Sad. Also crazy Robinson didn't shoot that 3. I thought Francis was seriously injured when he went out after that layup.
Shot selection is still bad. Like, we can't shoot, but we also pass up open threes to drive into nothing. Also spacing... wow. Come on guys!! Yale's D is good but we're also not executing.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Not used to this but next year we get the talent, this is a nutty Rec Game pace with below average shooters, but what can you do...
Will our freshman be ready next year? I'm wondering whether to get my hopes up for 2020-2021 or 2021-2022. Of course some of them may leave after one year but hopefully we layer on another stud class too.

Will our freshman be ready next year? I'm wondering whether to get my hopes up for 2020-2021 or 2021-2022. Of course some of them may leave after one year but hopefully we layer on another stud class too.

Hard to screw up 5 5 star top 50 players with Brooks, Harris , Francis , Leaky and more than likely Bacot..

Reactions: gauchoheel
This is a must game. Gotta believe its a second half for Francis and Harris again. This teams half court just grinds to a halt with BRob and Leaky as wings. We can be good with just BRob but both at the same time creates very losing offense.

This is a must game. Gotta believe its a second half for Francis and Harris again. This teams half court just grinds to a halt with BRob and Leaky as wings. We can be good with just BRob but both at the same time creates very losing offense.
It really is. A loss and our outlook is super tough.

It's really nice that Francis has turned out so well after so much hardship. This is the kid I was expecting to see when he got here. Hard to believe he can still be that guy after missing so much playing and practice time.

He's still just a freshman with only 5 games under his belt, so he'll probably have his share of bad games and freshman moments, but he's already valuable and fun to watch.

A lot of Joel Berry - and showing it early in his career.

This is a must game.

It really is. A loss and our outlook is super tough.
Definitely... We REALLY need to win 6 of the next 7 which gets us to 13-6 before we start playing better teams. Regardless, hitting 20 wins is gonna be tough.
Heels are currently #45 in kenpom; our next 7 opponents are all ranked lower (not that ranking always matters), but we have got to win these games!

Yale (72)
GT (106)
Pitt (70)
Clem (98)
@Pitt (70)
@VT (65)
Miami (81)

Francis is also very good at closing out on threes. Really appreciate that after our weaknesses with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT