ADVERTISEMENT

Yale vs UNC game thread on: Monday 30 December 2019

Definitely... We REALLY need to win 6 of the next 7 which gets us to 13-6 before we start playing better teams. Regardless, hitting 20 wins is gonna be tough.
Heels are currently #45 in kenpom; our next 7 opponents are all ranked lower (not that ranking always matters), but we have got to win these games!

Yale (72)
GT (106)
Pitt (70)
Clem (98)
@Pitt (70)
@VT (65)
Miami (81)
I think we'll get some favoritism with Cole missing time and being a big-market school. But we cannot have more than 14 losses before the ACCT or there's just no way, no matter our hardships. Even that may not be enough.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I’m fairly certain our best lineup would be Francis, Cole, Harris, Brooks and Bacot. Just go smallish and see how it goes. Pierce first one off the bench, followed by BRob and Keeling. Leaky in spots but never at the 1.

I think we'll get some favoritism with Cole missing time and being a big-market school. But we cannot have more than 14 losses before the ACCT or there's just no way, no matter our hardships. Even that may not be enough.
That's why its gonna be tough for sure. If we get to 13-6, and split the final dozen regular season games we are 19-12. Win at least one tourney game and we have 20. But you're right, that still leaves us with 13 losses.

I figured this game would be ugly given Yale’s pace. What is most alarming to me are the upperclassmen on our roster that 12 games into the season, still haven’t settled into their increased role. That’s a lack of talent issue, not a lack of experience issue.

That's why its gonna be tough for sure. If we get to 13-6, and split the final dozen regular season games we are 19-12. Win at least one tourney game and we have 20. But you're right, that still leaves us with 13 losses.

20-13 gets us in given our schedule. Our 20-13 is still a lot better than another P5 school that’s 24-9 with a sub par SoS.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
More soft garbage calls to help out Yale. It's just amazing that Yale shoots more free throws in Chapel Hill then Carolina meanwhile if the game was in Durham Dook would shoot 40. So tired of the visiting team getting multiple favorable calls every game.

I think 12-13 losses total is fine (in terms of getting in the tourney). Vandy recently became the team with the most losses to make it two years ago IIRC; they had 15 on Selection Sunday. I won't count on that, so I say 13 losses at ACC Tournament time (counting on one more loss in that tourney) is the max to have good odds to get in with our tough schedule. But yeah, that's still uncertain so 12 losses in the regular season is really the max for any comfort.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Just terrible defensive awareness by Keeling and Leaky....all the damn time.

thankfully we are rebounding well against these 6 foot kids.

Reactions: gauchoheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT