ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2021

An argument can be made the Diaz needed to go. But the process they chose to do it is inexcusable.
Diaz is an FSU grad. I imagine some of the boosters say he deserves worse.

Those guys mess up things all the time. Maybe it's being in Miami. They seem ready to pounce all the time.

It is now reported that Venables is expected to name Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby as the OU OC. Lebby is an OU grad.

Any OC under Kiffin is going to run things pretty much as Kiffin wants, so Ole Miss may not lose much in losing Lebby. But OU could gain a good deal from an OC who served under Kiffin.

So what do we know about the cristobal hire? I mean he did coach at Oregon and in the pac 12 which is weak to begin with. If you can’t recruit players to Oregon with nikes money and their facilities then you really must suck. So time will tell if he can really coach or just inherited a good deal in Oregon. Overall record of 62-60 not impressive. Does have a fertile ground to recruit from though.

So what do we know about the cristobal hire? I mean he did coach at Oregon and in the pac 12 which is weak to begin with. If you can’t recruit players to Oregon with nikes money and their facilities then you really must suck. So time will tell if he can really coach or just inherited a good deal in Oregon. Overall record of 62-60 not impressive. Does have a fertile ground to recruit from though.
His record at FIU means almost nothing. The program was new, and it always has been a train wreck. Even so, he got FIU to back to back bowls.

He spent 4 years as an assistant under Saban at Bama.

He won 2 Pac North titles in 4 years, and won 1 Pac Championship, after which he won the Rose Bowl.

That is a much better resume than Diaz had. I think Diaz is another case of a guy who needed to be a G5 HC for 2-4 or 5 years before taking on a P5.

Pitt OC Mark Whipple resigned today. He's 64 and apparently as sharp as he ever was. I'd take him. He totally transformed the Pitt offense and made Pickett into a Heisman finalist. Before Whipple, Pickett looked like an average QB.

Reactions: heelfan1961
Pitt OC Mark Whipple resigned today. He's 64 and apparently as sharp as he ever was. I'd take him. He totally transformed the Pitt offense and made Pickett into a Heisman finalist. Before Whipple, Pickett looked like an average QB.
Wonder why he resigned before the bowl game!

Thing is I think he planned doing it as he made a move like he was going to slide then he took back off knowing they had slowed down. Totally punkass move

Reactions: TarHeelMark
When I first saw it, I thought it was a slick move. But after watching the replay and seeing the WF players relax thinking he was going into a slide, I've changed my mind. It was bush league.
Eh, doesn't really bother me. It's not really any different than a pump fake or a trick play. It's up to the defender to make the play. The offensive guy isn't supposed to make it easier for him. If you want to be mad, be mad that there's a rule saying QBs can slide.

Reactions: blazers
If he is considering going to Dook, he must assume he has been blackballed from NFL HC jobs.
i think he probably feels he needs to re-establish himself if he wants to lead an org…the nfl has seen his “work” as a play-caller and philosophy.

in all honesty, he’s great in the room with his speeches and pretty good at evaluating talent…i think he’s the perfect college coach.

He loves Duke. Have been to several games at Cameron when he was there.
this too

did you guys hear brian kelly fake his southern accent when he showed up at the bball game?…he’s such a freakin jerk off.

He's off to Nebraska.

He's off to Nebraska.
I assume that means that Frost is going to move from an offense that requires a QB who can run and likes to run to a more Pro style pass game.

I wonder then if Frost is going to make a play to bring in Max Johnson.

I assume that means that Frost is going to move from an offense that requires a QB who can run and likes to run to a more Pro style pass game.

I wonder then if Frost is going to make a play to bring in Max Johnson.
The Johnson boys will head to FSU , Daddy's school.

Elliott is the new UVA HC. Wonder how many coaches he will keep. I'd take the OL coach.

The Clemson offense had become stale, so Dabo may have needed new blood anyway. But that doesn't mean he'll hire the right guy.

Where did we stand before he committed to Clemson?
Pretty good, real good relationship with Dre'. He did do the whole hat flip thing at his announcement, but I don't think anything of it. Real weird situation as Dabo visited with the IMG guys and then they all decommited. We've got spots available and Dre' is for sure going to work his 757 magic to get him here.

Reactions: tarheel0910
haha... yeah it was the auto-correct at first, but I thought it was funny too so I left it... :D
I've become good friends with "chick bleeds" boyfriend and his circle of Clemson fanatics. Theyre all early-mid 30s kids who are literally freaking-out. They're worried it's going to really impact the team's national championship contention (which it is!). I don't try to dissuade them. I also have an old friend in Greenville that I met not long after moving to the upstate from Charlotte (about 22 years ago) and he's about 5 years older than I am, and he's really worried more about Dabo leaving when Saban retires, and THEN how bad it will get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT