ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread...... Louisville

Outworked again. I love Paige but he is out of it right now. He has been outworked, beat on defense, and made bad decisions. He has to get it together for this team to get anywhere against better teams.

Pinson is great in an all-around type of way but when we can't put the ball in the basket, I don't think he's our best option.

Jackson has 16 or 17 pts on great shooting tonight..he's going to be a stud before he leaves, trust!

That sums up the night, nothing going down. Got to hit 3s at a respectable rate to win anything down the stretch

Paige is out of it still but he contributed with his D. Jackson played pretty solid overall and Hicks did as well. Meeks was the worst of a bad bunch and I don't normally call out players but Meeks needs to wake up and soon.

Why foul him? Double and get it to someone else.

I think you have to shoot a three there as well. Just a poor effort from almost everyone. I cant' really think of any player I would say played well. Berry is the one guy who has played pretty solid most of the year and he was even pretty bad on both sides of the ball most of the time.

Berry hurt us big time tonight!!...we've been walking a thin line with our mediocre play here recently..it caught up with us tonight!!

Paige is out of it still but he contributed with his D. Jackson played pretty solid overall and Hicks did as well. Meeks was the worst of a bad bunch and I don't normally call out players but Meeks needs to wake up and soon.

Every time I see Meeks mess up, I think of his big ass smile haha. Losing the weight definitely helped him out a ton but dude hasn't increased his vertical at all. Put Isiah in the game, he plays with heart and attacks!

as "tough" as we supposedly have been in grinding out road wins against mid level competition, we are not mentally tough enough to shoot better than 25% from three in a month - slump is definitely in our heads and until that changes we are going to need the other team to play poorly to win with who we have coming up

Why foul him? Double and get it to someone else.

I think you have to shoot a three there as well. Just a poor effort from almost everyone. I cant' really think of any player I would say played well. Berry is the one guy who has played pretty solid most of the year and he was even pretty bad on both sides of the ball most of the time.

I think Hicks was alright and Marcus did well on the defensive end, as did Williams in limited minutes. Justin might have been our best player which isn't saying much. Meeks pissed me off tonight

They'd better find some more consistent half-court offense, or the season will end badly.

Berry 2 good looks but the ball just won't go in as UNC falls 71-65..The story of the game is the zone by Louisville which forced Carolina to miss a bunch from the outside and all of the Louisville layups taken the entire game.

Had this weird idea that with Udoka choosing elsewhere this week Kennedy decided not to impress the 22 NBA people in the house with an eye on his senior year.
I know.... but you've got to laugh after a loss

Wow this team is in a nasty funk right now. I don't know what will get them out of it. I only was able to catch the last 8 minutes but in that time I saw Marcus hesitate and pass up on two or three open threes.

Then, at the rim, we are playing fricking volleyball, not basketball, herky jerky forcing and overthinking everything vs. shooting and scoring under control. Like someone said, we look lost. And I get that Louisville is a decent defensive team, but they have given us enough open shots and chances to win.

BTW - that "out of bounds" call on Marcus around the three minute mark should be enough to get the ref suspended indefinitely without pay. Marcus had 4-6 steps inbounds before getting the ball back. In a one possession game.... WTF was that retarded blind ref looking at?

This sucks because this was certainly a winnable game. I hate Pitino and therefor the Cards, and their "brand of basketball". They are definitely #2 on my least favorite teams in the ACC, behind Dook. I hope they get drilled in a bunch of games coming up. They aren't that good.

Hate to say it but this team had it coming. Maybe now they will play with a chip on their shoulder and a little more urgency.

A very poor effort tonight. Turnovers ,missed shots, just giving the ball away in the first half. OUR interior players were outworked pure and simple. MP is clearly a shadow of his former self now. Can he resurrect himself??? I believe so but we need to play with passion and enthusiasm for the WHOLE game not just the last five minutes

34% fg shooting. team lacks confidence this could be along 6 game stretch. i would hate to no how many layups they had.

Well hell based on these negative comments all u guys are just trolls according to Clint . Dag just shaking my head

BTW - that "out of bounds" call on Marcus around the three minute mark should be enough to get the ref suspended indefinitely without pay. Marcus had 4-6 steps inbounds before getting the ball back. In a one possession game.... WTF was that retarded blind ref looking at?
Officials were horrendous. That call was obviously wrong and the TV guy and Doris Burke said absolutely nothing!! Marcus was at least 2 steps in with both feet before catching that pass. Refs had us afraid to play defense.

I'm not that worried about the team overall, just Marcus. It's weird that he hasn't snapped out of it. These guys are fine though.

I think Hicks was alright and Marcus did well on the defensive end, as did Williams in limited minutes. Justin might have been our best player which isn't saying much. Meeks pissed me off tonight

I thought Paige's defense was terrible. He was blown by numerous times. Yeah, Hicks played fairly well I guess. He was 2-8 though. Brice and Jackson actually played pretty well. I was just pissed, haha.

A very poor effort tonight. Turnovers ,missed shots, just giving the ball away in the first half. OUR interior players were outworked pure and simple. MP is clearly a shadow of his former self now. Can he resurrect himself??? I believe so but we need to play with passion and enthusiasm for the WHOLE game not just the last five minutes
Well - I'll be a ray of hope here. Like someone said... we had it coming. We have to come out on Sat against a team that I am sure is better than Louisville, in an arena that will be jacked up, and play like we are behind 10 points in a tourney game. That kind of intensity.

Plus - in the upcoming week - I wonder if there is something we can do to get shooters' confidence back. It seems like nobody is playing naturally, on instinct out there. No confidence in what we are running, who should be shooting, when. It sucks, because this team has more ability than most.... I just have no idea how they lost it and how to get it back.

Well hell based on these negative comments all u guys are just trolls according to Clint . Dag just shaking my head
Well, I didn't see the game, and I'll delete it to save the frustration.... but if what you say is true, I think at least Roy won't have any qualms about ripping the collective team a new one and working their butts off, to man up and show some pride and heart in playing defense. We have a few days to get things worked out before heading to South Bend. A few days to work up some pride and anger and intensity, I hope.

no one played good defense on a consistent basses. lou drove two the rack all game.

99a7c889639804e846f96f27bfd560bd.jpg

Our boys need to accept the fact that they can't shoot for shit right now, and then stop thinking about it. Once they do that, the shots will drop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT