ADVERTISEMENT

Got any money ridin' on _____ ?

unless i see something amazingly stupid, i strictly bet futures.

however, the broncos and gators lines this weekend are mighty tasty.

I had the Minnesota Wild (Bruins were down to their AHL goalies due to injury) who won 5-0 and the Indians to win tonight.

Great thread, I'll try to make this poast be my last on this thread that I mention post result. Nothing worse than people bragging about bets after the fact.

I had the Minnesota Wild (Bruins were down to their AHL goalies due to injury) who won 5-0 and the Indians to win tonight.

Great thread, I'll try to make this poast be my last on this thread that I mention post result. Nothing worse than people bragging about bets after the fact.
Hockey???! Geez, you're a degenerate ;) haha jk. Hey, feel free to post about past bets! We're all friends here.

I have money on the World Series not being a sweep. Just need the Cubs to hold serve once at home. The payout is very meager, but yeah

I've also thrown a few simoleons on Michigan State +24 vs. Michigan in East Lansing. I know Sparty sucks balls this year, but Michigan has yet to face a tough road environment, and this is a rivalry that Mich State has done well in lately.... I don't know, I might regret that one lol.

I don't gamble with a bookie anymore. I know THN11 hates when I poast about grown up responsibilities and whatnot, but the fact of the matter is that I have two kids in private school and if I was gambling (outside of what my wife allows - fantasy football, pick 'ems and pools), she'd divorce me.

However, I still like looking at lines and seeing what's a good bet. I only bet on football (and golf) and I prefer college but will bet NFL. And I love 3 team parlays. I think it's where you make your money. I'm also a fan of over/unders.

I peeked at this weekend's lines and here are the ones I like. I know the comments will ring a bit hollow as I don't have any dough invested (outside of the few pick 'ems I'm in). I wouldn't bet all of these but I'd pick from this group.

Navy +7 at South Florida
WFU -7 vs Army
WSU -13 vs Oregon State
GT -6.5 vs duke
Houston -9 vs Central Florida
UDub -10 at Utah

Over/unders I like are:
under 55.5 in the GT/duke game
over 43 in the Nebraska/Wisc game
under 60.5 in the Clemson/FSU game
under 65.5 in the Hawaii/New Mexico game
over 52 in the Udub/Utah game

$200 on the Cubbies, straight up. Easy pickings.

Betting on baseball; no thanks.

@TarHeelNation11 strange line indeed...smells

That line opened at UM -18. It's grown substantially.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I don't gamble with a bookie anymore. I know THN11 hates when I poast about grown up responsibilities and whatnot, but the fact of the matter is that I have two kids in private school and if I was gambling (outside of what my wife allows - fantasy football, pick 'ems and pools), she'd divorce me.

However, I still like looking at lines and seeing what's a good bet. I only bet on football (and golf) and I prefer college but will bet NFL. And I love 3 team parlays. I think it's where you make your money. I'm also a fan of over/unders.

I peeked at this weekend's lines and here are the ones I like. I know the comments will ring a bit hollow as I don't have any dough invested (outside of the few pick 'ems I'm in). I wouldn't bet all of these but I'd pick from this group.

Navy +7 at South Florida
WFU -7 vs Army
WSU -13 vs Oregon State
GT -6.5 vs duke
Houston -9 vs Central Florida
UDub -10 at Utah

Over/unders I like are:
under 55.5 in the GT/duke game
over 43 in the Nebraska/Wisc game
under 60.5 in the Clemson/FSU game
under 65.5 in the Hawaii/New Mexico game
over 52 in the Udub/Utah game

Betting on baseball; no thanks.

That line opened at UM -18. It's grown substantially.
Outstanding.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
if I was gambling (outside of what my wife allows - fantasy football, pick 'ems and pools), she'd divorce me.

Ya, the GF isn't a huge fan of me gambling - but since our finances aren't commingled (yet at least), I can justifiably do so somewhat under the radar. Although, the cat is out of the bag when she sees me screaming at the TV in some random ass Pac12 game that I normally wouldn't give a crap about.

Hockey???! Geez, you're a degenerate ;) haha jk. Hey, feel free to post about past bets! We're all friends here.

I'll bet hockey every once in awhile. Pretty much only Bruins games - but I'll bet on or against the B's with no problem. Just feel like I have a pretty decent idea of how they'll do from game to game. I'm on the Rangers tonight (both money line and puck line) - Bruins still have their goalies out, and Backes is out as well. Plus playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back... they should get smoked.

I want an action play on the world series tonight as well, but don't really have a good read on it.

I'll bet hockey every once in awhile. Pretty much only Bruins games - but I'll bet on or against the B's with no problem. Just feel like I have a pretty decent idea of how they'll do from game to game. I'm on the Rangers tonight (both money line and puck line) - Bruins still have their goalies out, and Backes is out as well. Plus playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back... they should get smoked.

I want an action play on the world series tonight as well, but don't really have a good read on it.
Most of this poast is in a different language to me. I'm curious, though, what's the puck line?

Ah okay, O/U. Gotcha.

Not the over under though. The O/U in the game was 5.5 goals. I took rangers to win (-190), and rangers -1.5 goals (+160). So a 2-1 rangers win, or 7-6 rangers win, I'd win the money line but lose the puck line. 2-0 rangers win or 9-7 rangers win I'd win both ( Bruins win I'd lose both).

Game ended 5-2 rangers so I hit relatively big.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Not the over under though. The O/U in the game was 5.5 goals. I took rangers to win (-190), and rangers -1.5 goals (+160). So a 2-1 rangers win, or 7-6 rangers win, I'd win the money line but lose the puck line. 2-0 rangers win or 9-7 rangers win I'd win both ( Bruins win I'd lose both).

Game ended 5-2 rangers so I hit relatively big.
Right, the spread in other words? I am a few beers in so I misunderstood your other poast.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Right, the spread in other words? I am a few beers in so I misunderstood your other poast.

Yes, the spread. But in hockey and baseball the spread is always the favorite -1.5. They just adjust the odds on it accordingly. So if it's supposed to be a close game, the favorite will be -1.5 (+190) or something like that. Or if they're supposed to blow them out, the favorite might even still be a favorite (-120) even on the -1.5 spread.

Yes, the spread. But in hockey and baseball the spread is always the favorite -1.5. They just adjust the odds on it accordingly. So if it's supposed to be a close game, the favorite will be -1.5 (+190) or something like that. Or if they're supposed to blow them out, the favorite might even still be a favorite (-120) even on the -1.5 spread.
Interesting. LIke @gunslingerdick said above, no thanks on betting on individual baseball games, especially during the regular season.

Oh c'mon, I thought this thread was the degenerates haven?
Hey, just because I said "no thanks" on betting on baseball doesn't mean I haven't done and won't continue to do it :oops: This is certainly the haven for degenerates (and budding degenerates like myself)

The problem for me is college football is my sweet spot. That's where I can do my most damage. But once it's over, I'm miserable at betting college basketball and I can't bet NBA because I don't know it enough.

And as much as I like soccer, it's hard af to bet on, except for when international play rolls around.

Hey, just because I said "no thanks" on betting on baseball doesn't mean I haven't done and won't continue to do it :oops: This is certainly the haven for degenerates (and budding degenerates like myself)

The problem for me is college football is my sweet spot. That's where I can do my most damage. But once it's over, I'm miserable at betting college basketball and I can't bet NBA because I don't know it enough.

And as much as I like soccer, it's hard af to bet on, except for when international play rolls around.

Baseball is the most fun to play. There are endless amounts of stats to analyze so when you finally do pull the trigger, you feel like you have made a smart bet. Also, because there are so many games, you can follow one team and you can get a feel for the pitchers in different environments as well as how they are throwing at the moment.

Baseball is the most fun to play. There are endless amounts of stats to analyze so when you finally do pull the trigger, you feel like you have made a smart bet. Also, because there are so many games, you can follow one team and you can get a feel for the pitchers in different environments as well as how they are throwing at the moment.
Yeah, but then I have to like....watch a lot of baseball. I guess I could bet on the Braves since I watch them regularly.

Yeah, but then I have to like....watch a lot of baseball. I guess I could bet on the Braves since I watch them regularly.

Exactly. You always hear people say "Don't bet on games involving your team", I say that's stupid. You watch that team the most out of all teams, it should be the one you have the best read on. I'll bet league-wide in the NFL and NCAA (F and B) - but in NHL, NBA, and MLB I generally only bet on games involving the Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox since those are the teams I know the best. Of course I'm not afraid to bet on or against any of my teams.

I had Pitt spread. Also had Titans spread - but lost it back on the under. That game looked destined for under until the Jags D just crapped themselves.
By the time I decided to bet that Pitt game (8 minutes before kick lol), the line had skinnied to only +3.5 for Pitt. So I just figured hell I'll take them straight up because if they win, they are gonna win by more than a FG.

I still feel fine with the bet. I should've won it. If Pitt doesn't give the ball back twice in the first quarter and spot VT 9 points, it's a completely different game.

Put a small wager on Cubs -1.5 tonight. I'm going in big on Pats -7.5 in Buffalo this weekend. Shady out and the revenge factor from the last game. This will be one that Brady is still chucking it around up 35-10 late in the 4th quarter.

Ya, the GF isn't a huge fan of me gambling - but since our finances aren't commingled (yet at least), I can justifiably do so somewhat under the radar. Although, the cat is out of the bag when she sees me screaming at the TV in some random ass Pac12 game that I normally wouldn't give a crap about.
BTW, this is a 5-star poast. The mental image of that is hilarious.

I see the bad moon arising. I see trouble on the way.

I forget to poast my bets here after I make them (convenient huh?) but I had Cubs -1.5, Over in Navy/USF (66), and Cavs -2.5 last night. 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Looking at the lines for today - anyoneB like anything?

Think I might throw a wager on the popular picks from Billy's contest, I think almost everyone took Baylor and there were a lot on Florida too.

I forget to poast my bets here after I make them (convenient huh?) but I had Cubs -1.5, Over in Navy/USF (66), and Cavs -2.5 last night. 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Looking at the lines for today - anyoneB like anything?

Think I might throw a wager on the popular picks from Billy's contest, I think almost everyone took Baylor and there were a lot on Florida too.
That Navy comeback may be one of the greatest pushes ever (and saved my butt lol).

I'm studying the lines for today right now. I'd stay away from Florida....but that's just my opinion. Yes Georgia has looked bad, and yes Florida has won like 16 of the last 21 against Georgia, but the Dawgs are due and that rivalry game is very unpredictable (okay hell, bet Florida, what do I know?)

My thoughts after review:

Louisville -34 at Virginia
---> what a line, and yet, I do not want to touch that one. Usually those type of lines are a no-brainer "bet the dog," but Louisville trounces teams this year.

Michigan -24.5 at Michigan State
---> I'm already on record saying I'm taking Michigan State in this one. Don't wanna jinx myself but I feel good about this one.

Duke at Georgia Tech -6.5
--> jumping on this before it raises to 7.

The Ohio State -27 hosting Northwestern?!?! Lord that seems high. But I don't really want to touch it, nor do I want to touch the Notre Dame +1 hosting Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT