ADVERTISEMENT

Got any money ridin' on _____ ?

Anyone got action tonight?

I can't really get a good read on either of the games I'll be paying attention to (NFL and UNC). I somewhat like the Ravens spread, but I'm always a little hesitant to lay over a TD in an NFL game with a non-elite team. Granted, Cleveland is horrible so it makes sense. I would generally like the under in a Ravens game, but Cleveland games seem to be pretty high scoring this year. I might put a small wager on BAL -7.5 for action.

I think the Heels win tonight, but Duke did play VT tight last week. I could see us winning 30-20 and not covering the 11 so I think I'm gonna stay away from the spread. I've watched the O/U shoot up to 66.5. I'm leaning towards the Under at that number, but Heels unders are always nerve wracking.

What say my fellow degenerates?
Really, really hard game to read based on that spread and O/U -- the UNC game I mean. 11.5 seems way too high for me to take it. That's a lot of points in a "rivalry" game.

ETA: I may tease this UNC game spread with another Saturday game.

For real? I'm honestly ignorant w online gambling

I've explained my avenue for placing bets on here before. I have a friend who "manages" an online account of several "clients", and I'm one - but the only clients he has are people he knows personally. There is a pretty good interface online which has all of the lines and I place bets on there and settle up with my friend in person. There is an entity that owns the website that must get some sort of cut from all the "managers" - I haven't really bothered to get the details as they don't really matter to me. I place the bets online and settle up in person, which works great for me.

I believe @TarHeelNation11 just recently set up an account on an online service that is more open to anyone, he can probably give you details on that.

I've explained my avenue for placing bets on here before. I have a friend who "manages" an online account of several "clients", and I'm one - but the only clients he has are people he knows personally. There is a pretty good interface online which has all of the lines and I place bets on there and settle up with my friend in person. There is an entity that owns the website that must get some sort of cut from all the "managers" - I haven't really bothered to get the details as they don't really matter to me. I place the bets online and settle up in person, which works great for me.

I believe @TarHeelNation11 just recently set up an account on an online service that is more open to anyone, he can probably give you details on that.

Appreciate the feedback

For real? I'm honestly ignorant w online gambling

Tooph- THN had a thread about this a few weeks before he started this one- everyone talked through their options. But I think THN set an online account up recently and can probably give you some good advice.

Reactions: toophly1124
Tooph- THN had a thread about this a few weeks before he started this one- everyone talked through their options. But I think THN set an online account up recently and can probably give you some good advice.
toophly -- I did Bovada. The interface kinda sucks, not gonna lie. From what I can tell, mybookie.lv has a better interface.

My advice would be not to accept the 50% match bonus type stuff they offer you as an incentive for joining. Yes, they give you 50% of your deposit, but there are some serious strings attached. On Bovada, I accepted a 50% bonus but in order to make all of that bonus eligible for withdrawal, you have to bet 7.5 x the amount. I.e. if you deposit $100 and accept a $50 bonus, you have to place like $750 worth of bets in order to collect the full bonus.

So unless you want to make A LOT of bets in the beginning, I'd avoid the bonus. That's just my opinion though. I haven't tried a cash out yet, so I can't speak to how easy their cash out process is. It does say you can do one per month for free.

toophly -- I did Bovada. The interface kinda sucks, not gonna lie. From what I can tell, mybookie.lv has a better interface.

My advice would be not to accept the 50% match bonus type stuff they offer you as an incentive for joining. Yes, they give you 50% of your deposit, but there are some serious strings attached. On Bovada, I accepted a 50% bonus but in order to make all of that bonus eligible for withdrawal, you have to bet 7.5 x the amount. I.e. if you deposit $100 and accept a $50 bonus, you have to place like $750 worth of bets in order to collect the full bonus.

So unless you want to make A LOT of bets in the beginning, I'd avoid the bonus. That's just my opinion though. I haven't tried a cash out yet, so I can't speak to how easy their cash out process is. It does say you can do one per month for free.

Awesome info I greatly appreciate it. You're right that 50% bonus thing probably isn't for me. I'm going to try Bovada out and see what happens. I'm hoping I have the good enough fortune of even having an option of cashing out. If my bets are like any of my pick ems on here I might need a 2nd job.Thanks again!

Reactions: UNC71-00
Awesome info I greatly appreciate it. You're right that 50% bonus thing probably isn't for me. I'm going to try Bovada out and see what happens. I'm hoping I have the good enough fortune of even having an option of cashing out. If my bets are like any of my pick ems on here I might need a 2nd job.Thanks again!
My pick 'ems have sucked this year but I'm actually doing fairly well on Bovada (last night excluded). I am up about $75.

Whoever took WMU -17 in this MAC Championship is nuts. That being said, Ohio needs to chill the fugg out because I teased WMU -10 with Washington -1.5 lol

I'm off the sports betting wagon and back to online poker for a while. Until I see a game I cant resist, ha!

I've won a buck or two. Thanks again for the lead. I'm thinking of throwing a lot of money on Clemson tonight.
I was doing real well for a little while there, just betting small amounts like $10 here, $20 there. Then I got impatient and threw done some bigger bets that I didn't do well on. Plus, I have a lot of my capital already on Alabama to take home the national championship, so that makes my winnings look smaller.

You like Clemson -10? [ETA: I'm seeing Bovada now has Clemson -11] I love Clemson to win the game, but you never know with spreads and with how Clemson has been playing teams close. That's why I teased Clemson -3

I got over 55.5 in the PAC 12 game
Colorado straight screwed you :/

You like Clemson -10? [ETA: I'm seeing Bovada now has Clemson -11] I love Clemson to win the game, but you never know with spreads and with how Clemson has been playing teams close. That's why I teased Clemson -3

Call it a hunch lol. I feel like they're gonna destroy Vtech. Hope I'm not licking my wounds tomorrow.

Ya. Not having a good week so far, got my ass handed to me on the over in the IU game, then that didn't help either. Hopping back on the horse today with under 60 in Navy/Temple and over 74.5 in OSU/OU in the early games.

Oh great, just noticed the Bedlam game is pouring out... luckily it was a small wager. They probably won't get to 50, lol

Oh great, just noticed the Bedlam game is pouring out... luckily it was a small wager. They probably won't get to 50, lol
Yeah it's looking dicey.

Also, Navy is KILLING me on my two-game teaser with Clemson. I felt really good about that one and bet accordingly. Here's to hoping Navy blanks Temple in the second half and cuts it to a 3-point deficit or better to preserve your under and my teaser

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT