ADVERTISEMENT

Got any money ridin' on _____ ?

Putt a cheeky little 5-game parlay together. We shall see.

So basically:

9669692412083708.jpg

I'm on UVA, Mich St, Florida, Balylor spreads and OK state money line and then have them all in a small parlay. Might as well roll with GT then I guess.

My thoughts after review:

Louisville -34 at Virginia
---> what a line, and yet, I do not want to touch that one. Usually those type of lines are a no-brainer "bet the dog," but Louisville trounces teams this year.

Michigan -24.5 at Michigan State
---> I'm already on record saying I'm taking Michigan State in this one. Don't wanna jinx myself but I feel good about this one.

Duke at Georgia Tech -6.5
--> jumping on this before it raises to 7.

The Ohio State -27 hosting Northwestern?!?! Lord that seems high. But I don't really want to touch it, nor do I want to touch the Notre Dame +1 hosting Miami.

The only one of those I like is Mich St. Home team in an intrastate rivalry getting 24.5 @ home? But on the other side, big lines absolutely suck.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
The only one of those I like is Mich St. Home team in an intrastate rivalry getting 24.5 @ home? But on the other side, big lines absolutely suck.
I got Michigan state earlier in the week at 24 because honestly I thought the line would move the other way. Hopefully I don't need that hook.

My thoughts after review:

Louisville -34 at Virginia
---> what a line, and yet, I do not want to touch that one. Usually those type of lines are a no-brainer "bet the dog," but Louisville trounces teams this year.

Michigan -24.5 at Michigan State
---> I'm already on record saying I'm taking Michigan State in this one. Don't wanna jinx myself but I feel good about this one.

Duke at Georgia Tech -6.5
--> jumping on this before it raises to 7.

The Ohio State -27 hosting Northwestern?!?! Lord that seems high. But I don't really want to touch it, nor do I want to touch the Notre Dame +1 hosting Miami.
Wow...who ever set those lines had a tough day if the underdog covers got a lot of action.

Wow...who ever set those lines had a tough day if the underdog covers got a lot of action.
Yeah I'm kicking myself for not taking UVA. I psyched myself out of that one. GT screwed me too.

Luckily, I recouped everything by betting on the Clemson moneyline in the nightcap.

Navy +7 at South Florida
WFU -7 vs Army
WSU -13 vs Oregon State
GT -6.5 vs duke
Houston -9 vs Central Florida
UDub -10 at Utah

Over/unders I like are:
under 55.5 in the GT/duke game
over 43 in the Nebraska/Wisc game
under 60.5 in the Clemson/FSU game
under 65.5 in the Hawaii/New Mexico game
over 52 in the Udub/Utah game

Push
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss

Loss
Loss
Loss
Win
Win

That's why my wife doesn't let me gamble anymore.

GT lose, parlay lose, Michigan State covered, Clemson straight up.

I had an alright Saturday. Lost the GT spread (is there anything worse than GT under Paul Johnson??) and lost my 5-game parlay (thanks, Wake), but won the Michigan State cover and the Clemson moneyline, both of which I put more coin on than the ones I lost.

Really wanted to take the Packers +3 today but betting on the NFL intimidates me with all the parity in the league. Should've went with my gut though.

I wet my whistle to start off the week with a small wager on the first half under in the MNF game which cashed (there's Hark letting us know about bets after they win again).

I'm on the cubs tomorrow night. Figure Arrieta is too good for the Indians in a must win game.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I wet my whistle to start off the week with a small wager on the first half under in the MNF game which cashed (there's Hark letting us know about bets after they win again).

I'm on the cubs tomorrow night. Figure Arrieta is too good for the Indians in a must win game.
Alert: We have a badass in our midst!!!!

As for me, I started the week off right with some soccer *gasp* Yes, I broke my own rule of never betting on soccer. The only exception I'll ever allow for that is when it's very lopsided competition like Champions League or World Cup Qualifiers. I put a two-game parlay on Arsenal and Atletico Madrid to win straight-up. I put a fairly hefty sum down too.

....imagine my angst when each game entered the 88th minute as tie scores. Luckily, Arsenal scored in the 89th minute to win and Atletico scored in the 93rd minute to steal a win (LOL). I'll take it.

Looking at this weekend's college football lines.............Moo is only a 6-point dog vs. FSU right now?!?! What am I missing on that one? And UVA is a 3-point dog at Wake??

Alert: We have a badass in our midst!!!!

As for me, I started the week off right with some soccer *gasp* Yes, I broke my own rule of never betting on soccer. The only exception I'll ever allow for that is when it's very lopsided competition like Champions League or World Cup Qualifiers. I put a two-game parlay on Arsenal and Atletico Madrid to win straight-up. I put a fairly hefty sum down too.

....imagine my angst when each game entered the 88th minute as tie scores. Luckily, Arsenal scored in the 89th minute to win and Atletico scored in the 93rd minute to steal a win (LOL). I'll take it.

Looking at this weekend's college football lines.............Moo is only a 6-point dog vs. FSU right now?!?! What am I missing on that one? And UVA is a 3-point dog at Wake??

Crazy college lines

and i don't bet much anymore b/c i would've gone 4-0 on what i thought in this thread and then gone heavy this weekend.

dolphins -3.5
arkansas +5.5

and i don't bet much anymore b/c i would've gone 4-0 on what i thought in this thread and then gone heavy this weekend.

dolphins -3.5
arkansas +5.5
Interesting on the Arkansas line. I agree Florida is due a loss, but they're a hard team to read.

For this weekend, I copied 71's teaser and then I also teased:

Duke +17.5
Alabama -1.5

I know I'm grasping at straws when I start betting halftime lines, but went in on the over in the Duke 2nd half (27), and the Under in the Clemson 2nd half (28) - Watson got hurt so I figure they'll either keep him out for the remainder or just have a bunch of running plays.

I know I'm grasping at straws when I start betting halftime lines, but went in on the over in the Duke 2nd half (27), and the Under in the Clemson 2nd half (28) - Watson got hurt so I figure they'll either keep him out for the remainder or just have a bunch of running plays.
Well.....you went 1-1 ! :)

I cleaned up this weekend. Both my teasers worked out. I'm glad I teased friggin FSU down to -0.5

How did you go from not knowing how to set up an online account to Wednesday night MAC games?
When you're hot, you gotta let it ride. I'm on the surface of the sun right now. I made 9 football bets last week. I went 9 for 9.

ETA: These were all college, mind you, and most were small amounts. I'm gonna be watching those Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night college games while I cook dinner or am at the gym anyway, so I may as well throw some coins down

Last edited:
Anyone got action tonight?

I can't really get a good read on either of the games I'll be paying attention to (NFL and UNC). I somewhat like the Ravens spread, but I'm always a little hesitant to lay over a TD in an NFL game with a non-elite team. Granted, Cleveland is horrible so it makes sense. I would generally like the under in a Ravens game, but Cleveland games seem to be pretty high scoring this year. I might put a small wager on BAL -7.5 for action.

I think the Heels win tonight, but Duke did play VT tight last week. I could see us winning 30-20 and not covering the 11 so I think I'm gonna stay away from the spread. I've watched the O/U shoot up to 66.5. I'm leaning towards the Under at that number, but Heels unders are always nerve wracking.

What say my fellow degenerates?

have no feeling either way tonight on those two.

i do like utah -5 tonight and mizzou -3.5 on saturday...those smell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT