ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley declaring for the draft and may hire an agent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what Tony was saying it isn't that he may hire and agent. It's more of if feedback is he will be a top 20 pick he will hire an agent if not he won't. Not bad for s coach who supposedly can't get 1 and done to the league

Bradley would be wise to get another year with UNC under his belt. I think he has the tools just not real good with using them yet.

Wish he would come back but if top 20 I would go. Look what happened to McAdoo when he had a chance to go after his freshman season. Think he could be lottery in 2018, but that's his decision.

Wish he would come back but if top 20 I would go. Look what happened to McAdoo when he had a chance to go after his freshman season. Think he could be lottery in 2018, but that's his decision.
McAdoo would have never gotten a 2nd contract if he had left after his 1st year.

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
Kid can obviously do what he feels is best for him but I don't think anyone thinks he's ready to contribute to an NBA team right now. If he'd rather D-league it than be in college then go for it.

Hope he comes back and is the man for a season then goes.

Reactions: Archer2
People like to say that about macadoo but imo he wouldn't be in the league right now if he left after one year. Look how many one and dones never made the league. All good to get drafted I guess

I have confidence that he'll be back in baby blue next season. IMO, he's clearly not yet NBA material. Of course, I'm basing my opinion off last nights game in which NO ONE looked overly impressive, but, still......think it would have been to Bradley's advantage to test the waters after next year.

The ring may change a lot of things in this case.
Agree. Would not be surprised to see Pinson test the waters and head to the combine for evaluation. Pinson does all the mop up stuff that many NBA teams look for. Also, he has had a lot of foot problems. The Heels are not going to win the title next year. Pinson may test the waters and I would not blame him.

He could put together a great season next year and elevate his draft stock. His choice and I won't fault him if that's what's best for him.

However, if he goes, it will be hard to even remember him years from now. He has done nothing memorable to me. He has no Marvin Williams moment, and wasn't a starter so he will fade quickly from memory, at least for me.

It is all about the process, test the waters, speak with NBA folks, learn more about the things they may see need some work...work with Roy and staff in the process and then come back. As 08 06 said above...

Makes sense to me as well.

Justin tested the waters last year, got some great info/feedback, then came back with a vengeance. This could be a great thing for the University and Tony.

Tony, Joel, and Theo should ALL test the water and if 1st round picks should take it. Now I don't think they are 1st rounders right now. IMO, Tony is the least ready to contribute to a NBA team of the 3 but if a team is ready to use a 1st round pick on hi now take it and I will wish him well!

Tony, Joel, and Theo should ALL test the water and if 1st round picks should take it. Now I don't think they are 1st rounders right now. IMO, Tony is the least ready to contribute to a NBA team of the 3 but if a team is ready to use a 1st round pick on hi now take it and I will wish him well!

I don't blame anyone for testing. It literally has zero downside for the player.

If they hire an agent before the test, well that's a different story.

Reactions: superstar57
Why not test the waters? I think he will be back, though. Tony can be a monster next year, and be a top 10 pick.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Reactions: RP12 and Archer2
If Theo ever learns to shoot consistently then he will be useful to an NBA team because his passing for his position is excellent, as is his size, rebounding and defense. His shot is so broken though that a lot of NBA teams would take other utility guys way before. I don't see Theo leaving or Berry but they should get the feedback. Bradley should come back because he can really explode next year, he's by far the best pro prospect of the 3.

i think he'll be back
He's not a top 20 pick in this draft and I'm sure he'll find that out. I completely support him testing the waters.
he'll be back most likely. but all those people saying he's "not ready" for the nba need to remember one thing: the nba drafts on POTENTIAL, not college performance. the pro scouts know exactly what they're looking for and it's not on a stat sheet. they love spotting a talent that hasn't made much of a splash in college but they can see all the tools. it's like buying stocks -- you look for underperforming companies, i.e. bargains, before they explode and every body else is buying it too. that said, i don't think bradley will be high enough to justify leaving a great situation at carolina and the fun of college.

Reactions: tarheel0910
He could put together a great season next year and elevate his draft stock. His choice and I won't fault him if that's what's best for him.

However, if he goes, it will be hard to even remember him years from now. He has done nothing memorable to me. He has no Marvin Williams moment, and wasn't a starter so he will fade quickly from memory, at least for me.
You're my boy Mark, but no offense, the bolded is a you problem, not a him problem (as you alluded to). He was a part of a national title winning team. He doesn't "owe" Carolina anything, IMO. If he likes what he hears, I support him going.

I'd also be quick to warn those who are thinking "yes! This will help us get more OAD types." It might... but remember, Roy didn't exactly give Bradley major minutes. Not every OAD type is gonna be down with that.

Regardless, hard to get too worked up over this right now!

You're my boy Mark, but no offense, the bolded is a you problem, not a him problem (as you alluded to). He was a part of a national title winning team. He doesn't "owe" Carolina anything, IMO. If he likes what he hears, I support him going.

I'd also be quick to warn those who are thinking "yes! This will help us get more OAD types." It might... but remember, Roy didn't exactly give Bradley major minutes. Not every OAD type is gonna be down with that.

Nobody foresaw Tony as a OAD, nobody!

And I don't think he will be because I think the feedback he gets will be to come back and get stronger. But he got more minutes than Bolden and Jeter combined, and many thought Bolden could very well be a OAD. To say Roy didn't play him major minutes because he may now possibly be a OAD is using hindsight.

Agree. Would not be surprised to see Pinson test the waters and head to the combine for evaluation. Pinson does all the mop up stuff that many NBA teams look for. Also, he has had a lot of foot problems. The Heels are not going to win the title next year. Pinson may test the waters and I would not blame him.

Says who? Possibly returning Berry/Pinson/Bradley. Maybe throw in Knox and that's a damn good squad IMO. Bet you didn't think UNC would be Champs a year ago today.

I see both sides of this. He will forever be a champion for us, but in no way will I remember him as fondly as I remember Marvin.

Nobody foresaw Tony as a OAD, nobody!

And I don't think he will be because I think the feedback he gets will be to come back and get stronger. But he got more minutes than Bolden and Jeter combined, and many thought Bolden could very well be a OAD. To say Roy didn't play him major minutes because he may now possibly be a OAD is using hindsight.
I think he'll be back too, Archer. And nobody saw him as OAD? (seriously asking). I thought I saw some folks saying way early in the season that Bradley might make the job.

Either way, let's see how it plays out!

I see both sides of this. He will forever be a champion for us, but in no way will I remember him as fondly as I remember Marvin.
I can understand that.

Only a very few of the lunatic fringe talked of Tony as a OAD. And they were all UNC lunatic fringe, not scouts or college basketball "experts". The fact that he is even remotely being considered as a OAD is a tribute to Roy and the fact that he played Tony as much as he did.
Gotcha. Thanks.

He can be a real focal point of our O along with Berry if he returns. I think he will be back because he's so raw but doesn't have the insane athleticism that NBA teams covet when looking past a really raw post prospect.

Only a very few of the lunatic fringe talked of Tony as a OAD. And they were all UNC lunatic fringe, not scouts or college basketball "experts". The fact that he is even remotely being considered as a OAD is a tribute to Roy and the fact that he played Tony as much as he did.

I can remember seeing him in some mock drafts. Was even projected 1st round at one point or another.

Not surprised at all that he'll test the waters and I hope he gets some great feedback on what to work on. I can't imagine that he showed out enough to project as a first-round pick, especially after being more than a bit rattled on the biggest stage last night, so I think he'll be back. If he does go I wish him the best and thank him for his contributions this year. He may not have had a Marvin Moment but he was an important component of our post depth and we wouldn't have gotten here without him.

Tony will see what the NBA says, and will be back. No way he is ready, no way he goes in the 1st round and it would be silly for him to pass up a chance to become a huge part of the Heels offense next year.

JJ I think helped himself in the draft despite an awful night of 3-pt shooting. He continued showing the intangibles he possesses and has proven he can shoot the 3 (just needs to continue strengthening his mechanics).

I love Joel and selfishly want him back, but I also see him being a much better college player than pro. Why not come back, live the dream, dominate in college and have fun.
The guy I think did the most to improve his stock was Collins from Gonzaga. Kid didn't play like a freshman, is very intense, has skills and of course the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT